IGNORED

Sheffield United at Home last game

Surely we are not intending to give the blades the whole Atyeo for the last home game of the season. Just seen on the official site that the tickets are starting to go on sale for home sections and it looks like the whole Atyeo has been ear marked for away fans.

I though we would of learnt our lesson after Leeds and Wolves made it like a home game for the visiting teams and restricting Man Utd and City certainly helped us.

If we are still in the mix at the end this will be a big mistake.

We had the entirety of one end at Burton, our fans were far louder than Burton fans and we accounted for 38% of the attendance - it didn't help us one bit.

Likewise I was in the away end for Fulham v Wolves last month. 5,500 Wolves fan in the whole of the Putney end. Wolves lost.

It's a myth that giving an away team the entire Atyeo automatically gives them a huge advantage.

I doubt anything has been finalised yet with regards to Atyeo. Sheff Utd have yet to get their initial allocation but would be probably around 1000-1500 at this stage. At some stage over the next few weeks, a judgement will be made if there is extra interest in the game from our fans and then they would have the option as per the cup games to open a couple of blocks up for the home fans as required.

Just a note that EFL rules state that away allocation is (at least) 2000 for away fans or 10% of capacity if less than 2000. so 10% does not apply in our case.

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Surely we are not intending to give the blades the whole Atyeo for the last home game of the season. Just seen on the official site that the tickets are starting to go on sale for home sections and it looks like the whole Atyeo has been ear marked for away fans.

I though we would of learnt our lesson after Leeds and Wolves made it like a home game for the visiting teams and restricting Man Utd and City certainly helped us.

If we are still in the mix at the end this will be a big mistake.

So 4/5 thousand sheffield united fans will make more noise than 22k City?

19 minutes ago, Markred said:

So 4/5 thousand sheffield united fans will make more noise than 22k City?

Obviously they will. 4/5 thousand away fans will make more noise than the home fans in every stadium in England.

I don't mind sags on here, but at least have the good grace to admit to it.

28 minutes ago, hantsred said:

I doubt anything has been finalised yet with regards to Atyeo. Sheff Utd have yet to get their initial allocation but would be probably around 1000-1500 at this stage. At some stage over the next few weeks, a judgement will be made if there is extra interest in the game from our fans and then they would have the option as per the cup games to open a couple of blocks up for the home fans as required.

Just a note that EFL rules state that away allocation is (at least) 2000 for away fans or 10% of capacity if less than 2000. so 10% does not apply in our case.

So does that mean we would only need to, in theory, give 2,000?

personally, i think we do things the right way - giving a large allocation that's directly behind the goal. There are many things that drive me nuts, and one of them is tiny away allocations stuck to the side of the pitch, or in the middle of the sky. I wish more teams would follow our example. 

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

So does that mean we would only need to, in theory, give 2,000?

yes to meet EFL rules

Full text:

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

We had the entirety of one end at Burton, our fans were far louder than Burton fans and we accounted for 38% of the attendance - it didn't help us one bit.

Likewise I was in the away end for Fulham v Wolves last month. 5,500 Wolves fan in the whole of the Putney end. Wolves lost.

It's a myth that giving an away team the entire Atyeo automatically gives them a huge advantage.

Huge advantage no, but a small advantage that could prove decisive on some occasions.

Just because you can give examples where the away team didn’t win, doesn’t mean it doesn’t benefit the away team to have a larger following. It just means that it doesn’t guarantee victory.

Archived