IGNORED

Sheffield United at Home last game

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Huge advantage no, but a small advantage that could prove decisive on some occasions.

Just because you can give examples where the away team didn’t win, doesn’t mean it doesn’t benefit the away team to have a larger following. It just means that it doesn’t guarantee victory.

I was just pointing out that for the two examples given by the OP you can counter it with examples that disprove his theory.

As you rightly say, my examples don't prove that a large away following brings no benefit.  I'd accept that there's a chance that without 1,700 fans at the Pirelli we may have been pumped 4-0, and who knows how many Fulham could have hit past Wolves had 5,500 baying brummies not been in the Putney End.

We blew a 3-0 lead at home to Sunderland. Did they pack the Atyeo? Just trying to demonstrate that it's not as simple as "If we give an away team the whole Atyeo we automatically hand them an advantage"

21 hours ago, Markred said:

So 4/5 thousand sheffield united fans will make more noise than 22k City?

Large away support always makes a lot of noise. Our 8000 fans turned the game at the Etihad into a home fixture.

You would’ve noticed the same effect whenever any team brings 4-500 away fans to the Mem.

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

And the positives of recent form are......

What has a bigger bearing over the season, "recent form" or all the matches played?

Now, using your answer to the first question, would that period be more positive than negative or vice versa?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What has a bigger bearing over the season, "recent form" or all the matches played?

Now, using your answer to the first question, would that period be more positive than negative or vice versa?

That depends on how long the trend of recent form continues, if it’s until the end for the season it won’t be far off a 50/50 split, if form picks up again,  then great, can’t see anyone being upset with that.  But that wasn’t the point, are there any positives to the current form, not sure I can think of many.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That depends on how long the trend of recent form continues, if it’s until the end for the season it won’t be far off a 50/50 split, if form picks up again,  then great, can’t see anyone being upset with that.  But that wasn’t the point, are there any positives to the current form, not sure I can think of many.

I rarely see anything positive in a 4-0 demolition either...

• Admin
10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I rarely see anything positive in a 4-0 demolition either...

I fail to see much positive in dropping from 2nd in the league to 8th, since Jan 1st we have lost six, including a 5 and a 3 goal defeat. Drawn 5, including throwing away solid leads and not beating the league whipping boys and finally we have won two.

Sorry, singling out one win from that lot as a positive, for me does not out weigh the negatives.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I fail to see much positive in dropping from 2nd in the league to 8th, since Jan 1st we have lost six, including a 5 and a 3 goal defeat. Drawn 5, including throwing away solid leads and not beating the league whipping boys and finally we have won two.

Sorry, singling our one win from that lot as a positive, for me does not out weigh the negatives.

I hadnt said that it does.

You asked for a positive.

To add another, Reid playing in good form and the return of Diedhiou.

Another, while still not as good as you'd want for a playoff push, our form has got better since Diedhious return.

Another? OK, Pisano is back, we have lost one game where he's played.

• Admin
1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I hadnt said that it does.

You asked for a positive.

To add another, Reid playing in good form and the return of Diedhiou.

Another, while still not as good as you'd want for a playoff push, our form has got better since Diedhious return.

Another? OK, Pisano is back, we have lost one game where he's played.

All good points and if they turn the form around, then I’d agree they are positives, but, for me, until the form does improve, they remain as potential positives.  But that’s me, one of life’s pessimists, it’s great, I’m rarely disappointed and sometimes pleasantly surprised.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

All good points and if they turn the form around, then I’d agree they are positives, but, for me, until the form does improve, they remain as potential positives.  But that’s me, one of life’s pessimists, it’s great, I’m rarely disappointed and sometimes pleasantly surprised.

Our form being as it is doesnt stop those individual bits being positive.

Except when you refuse to acknowledge them.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Our form being as it is doesnt stop those individual bits being positive.

Except when you refuse to acknowledge them.

They aren’t having a positive effect - yet!  If they do then our current form in a few matches time, when reviewed. will be improved, so positive, at the moment they remain potentially positive.  If the form remains the same, then I fail to see how they can be positives, all we can do is revisit this after 4 or 5 games and see if the form has improved.

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

....and who knows how many Fulham could have hit past Wolves had 5,500 baying brummies not been in the Putney End...

Ooooh! That will hurt my Wolves mates...’brummies’ ?! You obviously aren’t aware that Wolverhampton is a City in its own right, it ain’t in Birmingham....that’s like calling Bath’s population Bristolians...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that’s not true....look at the stats:

The ten league games before his return were: Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 3 = 17 points

The ten league games since his return are: Won 2 Drawn 5 Lost 3 = 11 points

The discussion was on the recent poor form, you have included games from before that poor form started, going as far back as late November/early December.

Archived