IGNORED

UPDATE - THERE WILL BE NO WALKOUT - CANCELLED

Harry

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It is not that easy to make such a unequivocal statement. Unless supporters were given facts to form true informed opinions and surveyed. That could have been the starting point. 

Yes- it is that easy.

last season the planned demonstrations against LJ as suggested on here never happened- and I was delighted.

this season the planned demonstration during a match re ST's has been cancelled- and I'm delighted.

We're talking about a mass protest and there isn't the stomach for it during a match and , sadly, I doubt there's one anywhere else. I'm writing to JL and will ring him but unless at least another 5000 do the same- I'm pissing in the wind.

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m not talking about the Facebook messages that YOU can see. There are personal messages that aren’t too pleasant and wish me ill. 

Sorry to hear that @Harry 

I must say that a fair bit of the 100% love that I have for our club has died over the last few weeks. I’ve been really disallusioned with the reaction amongst some of us to the way BCFC has treated our most vulnerable brothers and sisters, with the majority just ‘taking it’ and not really giving a $hit it seems. That includes those that I go with in some cases and that has hurt me the most.  Seems it’s falling on deaf ears. 

It’ll be my little ones first game tomorrow and I was still prepared to walk out at 30 mins - although maybe slightly confusing for a just 8 year old as to why I’m waking her out early - it would’ve been a good life lesson I reckon.  But I respect your decision totally not to carry on with the walk out. She’ll just have to settle for answers as to why we are buying her sweets and drink outside the ground and why she won’t get anything from the club shop. Which is a shame in itself.  It’s a sorry sorry state but evidently not one that people on the whole care about. Sad sad times.......but well done for raising it and making it much more visible than it would’ve otherwise been. Keep going mate. 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I have seen your Facebook messages actually,and a few might have been a bit naughty but the rest were common sense .Im not a stalker by the way but when you post almost word for word on a certain Facebook page  with “harry” then we can all read it

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Post them on here on or Facebook then mate,shame the keyboard warriors 

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because you said it’s personal abuse,unless you tolerate bullying which I guess you don’t cuz you’re bleeding moaning about it

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Obviously not but you sound like a boy who cried wolf and when pulled up on it does a nice bit of redirecting 

10 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Name and shame them? 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He can’t do that by all accounts :facepalm: 

6 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

Why not?? 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t ask me mate ask him

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m not interested in the slightest,I just have a good nose for bs 

Well done guys. Congratulations, you’ve driven me out. Bye. I won’t be back. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well done guys. Congratulations, you’ve driven me out. Bye. I won’t be back. 

Why? Because you can't back up so said facts? Harry you're a very popular chap on here so I wouldn't be seen to be unnecessarily rude to you.. But I just asked you to show us what they were saying. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Well done @Harry

Well done @Harry

It would be too much of a ****ing cliché but I half want to quote Rudyard Kipling. First they came for... 

Sorry Ole but Rudyard didn't write that poem.

It was the German Pastor Martin Niemoller. It is about the cowardice of German intellectuals following the Nazis' rise to power and subsequent purging of their chosen targets, group after group. Many variations and adaptations in the spirit of the original have been published in the English language. It deals with themes of persecution, guilt and responsibility   (from Wikipedia).

Rudyard wrote the poem If and later went on to make exceedingly good cakes.

Just So we can learn stuff here on OTIB, we used to live in Stoke-on-Trent, and we often drove into the Peak District. We had to pass a smallish lake called Rudyard. His parents came from this area and named their son after this lake. 

And now back to the main topic

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Was that what you call personal abuse as well then and flounce off,Jesus some snowflakes on here when challenged 

Reality is, he doesn't need to give you any justification for his decision to stop contributing to this forum, neither does he have to satisfy your curiosity as to the messages he has been sent.

But hey, you've won the internet this evening, so be proud.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Reality is, he doesn't need to give you any justification for his decision to stop contributing to this forum, neither does he have to satisfy your curiosity as to the messages he has been sent.

But hey, you've won the internet this evening, so be proud.

No but if anybody is going to moan about bullying and then not do nothing about it then I’m sorry if I have no sympathy for the bloke 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

No but if anybody is going to moan about bullying and then not do nothing about it then I’m sorry if I have no sympathy for the bloke 

He didn't appear to be asking for sympathy, simply making a closing statement.

Don't imagine he would want your insincere sympathy either.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh FFS!!!!!

Why are so many losing their shit?

It's not like we're merging with the gas . BS have scored an own goal but it's not armageddon or like we've just appointed Nicky bloody Hunt as our new Manager.

Get a grip.

Because our club is taking the piss out of the disabled, young and elderly. That’s why.  

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- it is that easy.

last season the planned demonstrations against LJ as suggested on here never happened- and I was delighted.

this season the planned demonstration during a match re ST's has been cancelled- and I'm delighted.

We're talking about a mass protest and there isn't the stomach for it during a match and , sadly, I doubt there's one anywhere else. I'm writing to JL and will ring him but unless at least another 5000 do the same- I'm pissing in the wind.

No it is not that easy.

We're talking about right or wrong. Harry has decided that Bristol Sport were wrong. I would agree with him.

Majority? Minority?

We can suspect, but not know. There has not even been a dodgy otib poll. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He didn't appear to be asking for sympathy, simply making a closing statement.

Don't imagine he would want your insincere sympathy either.

I didn't say he was lying...  just asked him to tell us the content of what they were saying, personally wondered why their was a demonstration one minute then nothing next. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Just to make clear. My stance on this is my own, and does not represent everyone associated with S82. 

If you disagree with anything I say it’s me you disagree with. I am not representing S82 with this stance. 

Harry feel sad for you why any one would give you abuse for trying to voice your feelings doesn't make sense what happened to abuse the post not the poster. Thing city have got this pricing wrong same as others on here but we have the right to have our say

Think you and your ideals will be missed

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Well done @Harry, you are an example to a lot of us on the difference between "fan" and "supporter". Don't let the reaction get you down, nothing to do with City, it's the way of the world now. I'm alright jack and if in doubt opt to rebel/troll anything else.

It would be too much of a ****ing cliché but I half want to quote Rudyard Kipling. First they came for... etc. Being happy that it doesn't affect you this time round is a hiding to nothing. For me this is about nipping moronic hidden agenda City management decisions in the bud before they bite us all.

I'm not affected in the slightest, but let this go and next season some clown will be plotting a massive increase somewhere else (probably the South Stand) in order to make room for a speculative Groupon deal for some untapped demographic, or so as to "maximise yield" anywhere within 100 yards of the pitch.

On past form they'll probably decide the Upper Lansdown is unsafe for kids trying to get autographs and launch yet another family section (in Brislington) and ask everyone to move again, while hoisting a new loyalty scheme (using beads) on us, and offering kids free binoculars.

Anyway, once again you have shown with your consistency in pushing ways to build support at Ashton Gate that you're always far more reliable as a supporter than some City employees are in their attempts to organise some brief form of drinking in a brewery.

The time to protest was when we allowed our ground to be bulldozed stand by stand,Unless people thought prices would stay around the same for all ages and disability’s in the new ground,that ship has sailed I’m afraid so now suck it up

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Because our club is taking the piss out of the disabled, young and elderly. That’s why.  

How very politically correct of you to specify the emotive groups. I have made it perfectly clear in every post on this subject that I'm against the changes( not the price rises)but it's getting silly on here and too many want a rant but aren't bothered to make an effort to really effect change. Like I've said about 5 times now- write a letter and make a phone call - posting on here achieves nothing at Bristol Sport

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

No it is not that easy.

We're talking about right or wrong. Harry has decided that Bristol Sport were wrong. I would agree with him.

Majority? Minority?

We can suspect, but not know. There has not even been a dodgy otib poll. 

OTIB is not representative of the majority of ST holders- Jeez- how many times has this had to be said??

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Equally, why are you so aggressive? 

Quote me  where I'm aggressive. I just don't hide in the stands booing.

6 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

I didn't say he was lying...  just asked him to tell us the content of what they were saying, personally wondered why their was a demonstration one minute then nothing next. 

Possibly because some people struggle to articulate their objection to a protest and make threatening comments, and making public comments of that nature may inflame a situation?

I am of course speculating - but if people send private correspondence they can reasonably expect it to remain confidential. Even if the content is unpleasant, probably easier to do if you send messages to a man of integrity.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Possibly because some people struggle to articulate their objection to a protest and make threatening comments, and making public comments of that nature may inflame a situation?

I am of course speculating - but if people send private correspondence they can reasonably expect it to remain confidential. Even if the content is unpleasant, probably easier to do if you send messages to a man of integrity.

Unless that private correspondence is threatening which is a criminal offence which harry was clearly rattled by otherwise why mention it

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

How very politically correct of you to specify the emotive groups. I have made it perfectly clear in every post on this subject that I'm against the changes( not the price rises)but it's getting silly on here and too many want a rant but aren't bothered to make an effort to really effect change. Like I've said about 5 times now- write a letter and make a phone call - posting on here achieves nothing at Bristol Sport

OTIB is not representative of the majority of ST holders- Jeez- how many times has this had to be said??

Quote me  where I'm aggressive. I just don't hide in the stands booing.

Wtf are you going on about ‘politically correct’? Nothing ‘politically correct’ about being pissed off about wanting to protect / stand up for the vulnerable in our society. It’s called decency. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

And I have not indicated that it was hence the use of the word dodgy.

Yes- fair point- I was wrongly including your majority/minority in with the OTIB poll bit.

The  point I was trying to make is that the majority of ST holders  see a different club to OTIB which is a tiny minority in terms of ST holders.

So the club not pandering to OAP's (the genuine wealth of this country), the disabled (not necessarily the victims, compared to the Private Rent victims), and the kids - who are too entitled anyway - are being protested against.  

I agree Football is immoral.  I also believe the People need to stand up and take responsibility for themselves.

Archived