IGNORED

UPDATE - THERE WILL BE NO WALKOUT - CANCELLED

Harry

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

I do think the club have got what they wanted: Price increases (tick). A divide in fan groups, the singing section is split and collapsing, no more flags or input, many people walking away (tick) No chance, or very little ,of any protest today, so no bad publicity (tick) and the SC&T making up the money on some people’s tickets, well the club doesn’t care where the money comes from just that it is paid (tick). 

I personally think we have rolled over and now set a precedent to accept whatever they damn well like to throw at us. 

#MakingBristolSad

In case you haven't noticed, football is a capitalistic, consumer based industry and the Bristol brand attracts a five figured attending sum.  

There were prophets all along who objected; there are still people arguing "we need to accept price increases if we want to compete".  

I for one, am very glad that a majority seem to finally be getting pissed off by Bristol Sport and the arrogance of it.  

9 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Will you be at Ashton Gate tomorrow?

Wouldnt mind showing you how much we care. Where can we meet up?

I’ll see how much when people walk out, surely? Why would I want to meet up. I’ve read enough on here.

Massive drama over something that’ll not change and won’t affect a lot. 

EEE24D95-A75D-45D9-B69A-C8727920612B.jpeg

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

You’re going to write to Jon Lansdown and ring him?

**** me that’ll sort things out.

As if he’ll give a shit.

You aren’t pissing in the wind Marina. You’re pissing into a hurricane - and Jon and his dad will be laughing.

They simply don’t give a shit. About BCFC or the true, loyal supporter.

Not so sure. I have been emailing @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO almost every other day (probably fed up with me), banging on about disabled prices and a longer renewal period.

I know Matt took these (and other fans comments) up to the board.

These items were the one's the club said it would look at after the meeting last week. 

Changes have been made. My disabled ticket has been reduced by just over £50 this year £34 next and £17 the year after (south stand).

Now is this better than no rise at all? Of course not but it is a lot better than the first club proposal.

Now ask yourself, would this have happened without fans groups insisting on a meeting? Fans turning up and making the case? Fans then adding to that pressure with phone calls, letters and emails?

I personally doubt any changes would have happened without fan pressure!

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Not so sure. I have been emailing @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO almost every other day (probably fed up with me), banging on about disabled prices and a longer renewal period.

I know Matt took these (and other fans comments) up to the board.

These items were the one's the club said it would look at after the meeting last week. 

Changes have been made. My disabled ticket has been reduced by just over £50 this year £34 next and £17 the year after (south stand).

Now is this better than no rise at all? Of course not but it is a lot better than the first club proposal.

Now ask yourself, would this have happened without fans groups insisting on a meeting? Fans turning up and making the case? Fans then adding to that pressure with phone calls, letters and emails?

I personally doubt any changes would have happened without fan pressure!

and imagine what could be achieved if the pressure was amped up and not so spineless! so far, it does it not smack of tokenism and lip service? So it will continue until fans take hard action.  

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

and imagine what could be achieved if the pressure was amped up and not so spineless! so far, it does it not smack of tokenism and lip service? So it will continue until fans take hard action.  

You may be right, what if hundreds had turned up to the meeting last week. What if thousands had contacted the club since.

I was disappointed with the fan turnout last Wednesday. Possibly half of the supporters there were either SC&T or FAN members.

An opportunity to show mass dissatisfaction was lost.

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

You may be right, what if hundreds had turned up to the meeting last week. What if thousands had contacted the club since.

I was disappointed with the fan turnout last Wednesday. Possibly half of the supporters there were either SC&T or FAN members.

out of interest how many were at the meeting? If it's been posted, i've not seen the number. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I do think the club have got what they wanted: Price increases (tick). A divide in fan groups, the singing section is split and collapsing, no more flags or input, many people walking away (tick) No chance, or very little ,of any protest today, so no bad publicity (tick) and the SC&T making up the money on some people’s tickets, well the club doesn’t care where the money comes from just that it is paid (tick). 

I personally think we have rolled over and now set a precedent to accept whatever they damn well like to throw at us. 

#MakingBristolSad

Well and truly a slippery slope indeed, from which there is no escape a sad ending to what could have been a truly memorable season.......if we had gone the extra mile....still the players had a nice free holiday out of it;

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm not happy with the club at all but @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is meant to be a SLO bcfc have turned him into a complaints manager. NOT his job, feel sorry for him. He's walked into a shit storm.

Don't feel sorry for him, that's his job and its what he gets paid for

47 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

I won't be going today, and I don't know when I'll go again. My heart hurts. 

Its hard mate I know, but why keep putting your hand in the fire to only keep getting it burnt

There’s no need for a walk out, it can aid the opposition and the players may think it’s because of them etc. 

All for a visual protest, flags, banners. After the game stay in the ground and show your disgust that way, but during the game support the team. They haven’t done anything wrong in all this (other than recent performances) 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

He's not paid to sort out complaints. His job is more to liaise with fans and help fans enjoy going to Ashton gate' more.

Is he not being used as a buffer between fans and suits though; if hes to liaise with fans he has to know what their complaints are and therefore sort them out/explain the situation.

4 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Why is it that so many feel that the best/only answer is a demonstration during the match? 

Shaking a fist of disharmony in a large mob rarely,if ever, works at a football match.

An opportunity still exists but it just involves a bit more effort i.e. personally contacting the club and I have no doubt " if thousands had indeed contacted the club" we would already be seeing a different dialogue. It's not rocket science unless ,of course, there are too many who just want to express their outrageous indignation on some sort of forum but basically do nothing else.

It's like complaining about a government but not actually voting. 

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

Is he not being used as a buffer between fans and suits though; if hes to liaise with fans he has to know what their complaints are and therefore sort them out/explain the situation.

It shouldn't be about complaints.

Example the role he played in working with S82 getting the tin foil flags for the man city home leg. Club didn't want to spend he pushed idea with S82. That's his role not dealing with ticket enquires.

I get your point though.

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

He's not paid to sort out complaints. His job is more to liaise with fans and help fans enjoy going to Ashton gate' more.

I think anyone taking the job would realise though that fans are more likely to contact you when they need help or have a grievience rather than to pass on praise or thanks. 

11 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There are so many of you lot who come on to OTIB and tell us why you don't attend a match and haven't done so for some time and never will and just slag off our club.

Good luck with your memories- personally I'm looking forward to the new ones and love the new stadium, love the fact that we've got to a semi final, love getting on the pitch when we beat Man U in the last minute, love the fact that our top scorer is one of our own , love the fact that SL is a Bristol boy and keeps on giving and love the fact that we're doing ok and heading in the right direction.

I love the fact that the majority of fans who regularly attend at BS3 feel the same way as me and people with your attitude are the minority.

hes giving so much the fans are now being asked to start repaying the cost of the new stadium, which they had no say in; was not the whole point of a new stadium that it would pay for itself and in fact increase our income; probably forgot to say it would be by over the top price rises.

5 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

out of interest how many were at the meeting? If it's been posted, i've not seen the number. 

Well @JulieH (the police rep) said 70 to 75 but I didn't think there was quite that many.

Not a bad turnout considering other meetings I have attended but not a huge turnout is it?

As I said, an opportunity missed.

31 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Morning Dolly,

Genuine question - is that REALLY what you believe the club want? 

I think there are certain individuals now running our football club who would much rather fill the place with polite day tripping happy clappers, rather than those who have been around much longer than they have. They don’t want anyone questioning what they want to do, or ruffling feathers such has been tried to be done over the last couple of weeks.  

Anything that can detract from what they’re trying to get on and do is alright with them. If we all just shut up and went away, they’d like that. 

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

So the aim of the club is to cause disruption and infighting amongst the fans? 

Your underlying point is a reasonable one, clearly that is not their aim. 

Nevertheless that is exactly what they have achieved and , more concerning, appear to be completely indifferent to the consequences.

Not sure that Steve or Jon Lansdown can be considered to be real fans if they are unable to show empathy for the very reasonable points being made about fans faced with the choice of massive price increases or move away from groups they may have sat with for years.

The whole point of a new stadium was to have a new stadium. I fail to see how a stadium can pay for itself without selling tickets.

If this whole debate is solely about price rises then I'm with BS on this- we are not a particularly expensive club to watch and price rises have been modest over a number of years. Fans can't have it all in terms of a stunning new stadium, investment in players and investment in youth all under a brief of long term sustainability. Even with the price increases it is likely that SL will have to subsidise the club for a number of years more.

My problem is about the lack of consultation with existing ST holders, people being forced to move, disproportionate rises in certain sections and the inequity of all that.

But price rises in isolation- it's how it's always going to be so long as we want to have any chance of competing at this level where a good Championship standard player can easily be paid £25,000 per week.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The whole point of a new stadium was to have a new stadium. I fail to see how a stadium can pay for itself without selling tickets.

If this whole debate is solely about price rises then I'm with BS on this-

But it's not and very few people have said that it is.

28 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why is it that so many feel that the best/only answer is a demonstration during the match? 

Shaking a fist of disharmony in a large mob rarely,if ever, works at a football match.

An opportunity still exists but it just involves a bit more effort i.e. personally contacting the club and I have no doubt " if thousands had indeed contacted the club" we would already be seeing a different dialogue. It's not rocket science unless ,of course, there are too many who just want to express their outrageous indignation on some sort of forum but basically do nothing else.

It's like complaining about a government but not actually voting. 

I agree with demonstrations so long as they are legal and do not target at individuals

BUT this should NOT happen during the match

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I think there are certain individuals now running our football club who would much rather fill the place with polite day tripping happy clappers, rather than those who have been around much longer than they have. They don’t want anyone questioning what they want to do, or ruffling feathers such has been tried to be done over the last couple of weeks.  

Anything that can detract from what they’re trying to get on and do is alright with them. If we all just shut up and went away, they’d like that. 

Who would they be?

And who recruited and appointed them?

The whole organisation is anything but. Organised.

Its a shambles - unless you’re a suited investor - in which case it’s a dream.

Everything I hate about football these days and a far cry from being perched on the barriers in the old Enclosure.

Where was our saviour then?

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If this whole debate is solely about price rises then I'm with BS on this- we are not a particularly expensive club to watch and price rises have been modest over a number of years. Fans can't have it all in terms of a stunning new stadium, investment in players and investment in youth all under a brief of long term sustainability. Even with the price increases it is likely that SL will have to subsidise the club for a number of years more.

My problem is about the lack of consultation with existing ST holders, people being forced to move, disproportionate rises in certain sections and the inequity of all that.

But price rises in isolation- it's how it's always going to be so long as we want to have any chance of competing at this level where a good Championship standard player can easily be paid £25,000 per week.

Utter bollocks.

Cash generated through ticket sales has no direct impact upon wages, transfer fees or any thing like that.

Day to day income covers running costs - of which payments back to the holding company will account for a lot.

Capital expenditure - including transfer fees - comes from longer term finance. Which as we know is secured very nicely against the BS3 asset/s.

Lansdown went into this with his eyes open. He knew what he was doing. First and foremost a shrewd, wealthy businessman.

A BCFC supporter or fan? Probably not.

Archived