IGNORED

The Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day Thread 38

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Are you telling me that Diony and Kent...based on what you have seen...will offer more then Elliasson and Engvall?

We have improved yes on a whole, however since January our performances and results have been just as bad as last year.

Neither Eliasson nor Engvall have done anything particular to justify their inclusion ahead of Diony and Kent, certainly not the the extent that it is “absolutely shocking” that they haven’t been selected, to use your words. You make it sound as if Messi has been dropped in favour of Bas Savage.

The way you talk with comments like “glad I’m not wasting my time today” it’s as if we’ve been relegated already. For all this talk of how terrible we are, our last four home games have brought two wins and two draws with a realistic prospect of victory today. Find some perspective.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Because that's the easy way to play against us. We are so predictable.

When we beat Middlesborough 2-1, we realised they were going to do that, we let them have possession which created space when we won the ball and broke on them! Since that match I haven't seen us do it again! If they don't feel comfortable in possession against us let them have it and profit!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Neither Eliasson nor Engvall have done anything particular to justify their inclusion ahead of Diony and Kent, certainly not the the extent that it is “absolutely shocking” that they haven’t been selected, to use your words. You make it sound as if Messi has been dropped in favour of Bas Savage.

The way you talk with comments like “glad I’m not wasting my time today” it’s as if we’ve been relegated already. For all this talk of how terrible we are, our last four home games have brought two wins and two draws with a realistic prospect of victory today. Find some perspective.

Fair point. Taken on board

Sounds like an enthralling encounter to be fair.

• Like 1

Wow another in our latest instalment of dull, uninspiring and truly poor performances.

We play nice one touch football up until the halfway line and then totally run out of ideas and then revert to a ‘chuckle brothers’ style of ‘to me, to you, to me, to you, oops it’s been intercepted’, we even tried that tactic on the edge of our own box a couple of times.

No invention, no penetration, poor crossing, poor decision making, we have not created a single chance.

Diedhiou is having a mare, his first touch is awful, his passing is awful and he is simply not holding the ball up and going down far too easily.

Kelly looks really comfortable as does Pisano, in fact the defence looks relatively untroubled but so does Ipswich’s.

If I had to come up with a phrase to describe this game so far it would be ‘a steaming pile of rancid dog shit’.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well said. The negativity of that particular poster is utterly toxic, draining and demoralising.

• Like 1

All the pace and excitement of a pre season friendly. We have been worked out that if you defend fairly decently, against us, we struggle to create pretty much anything, and then it is just waiting for your own chances.

One goal and that table would be looking pretty good...but been saying that for a while recently. Just feels like we are going through the motions, and hoping something happens.

HT 0-0, not good.

Smith anonymous, resulting in Pato and Reid having to keep coming back to halfway line to collect the ball. Nobody providing any width, 1 overlap by Pisano, Pato just keeps wandering inside.  Fammy looking like a league 2 striker, no control of the ball whatsoever. Brownhill can't seem to sort his feet out.

On plus side Pack playing well, so is Kelly and Reid his usual super busy self.

LJ needs to change this at HT, but I bet he wont.

21 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Doesn't help that Ipswich are doing absolutely nothing but sit behind the ball like every other team as well. 

Been saying it since January, any team that defends in numbers against us shows our weakness.... The inability to break down teams who sit deep and can actually defend. Until we learn to punish teams who do sit back on its we'll continue to be easy to read

• Like 1