IGNORED

The Bristol City v Ipswich Town Match Day Thread 38

3 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

1 point off the playoffs and we have ****ed it up. Are you ok? Have you got a head injury?

Perfect result today although sounded truely woeful if we are honest

No head injury just very bitter at once again,.just like 10 years ago, seeing us completely squander a golden opportunity to recruit properly in January

1 point of the play offs yep...considering we were above Cardiff about 10 weeks ago, speaks volumes

We have a punchers chance at best, but teams like Boro and Preston, and even Millwall look a far better bet at the minute. They may just be behind us but if this was a horse race...we look like that horse who is leading going into the last bend, but he looks knackered, whilst every other horse is finding their final gear

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well done lads . 

:clap:

Badly needed win . I don't care that it wasn't pretty.

About blooming time we came out on top.

Respect to the Red Army on this foul day .

Get home safely.

We're going forward as a team, Major! This weekend!

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No head injury just very bitter at once again,.just like 10 years ago, seeing us completely squander a golden opportunity to recruit properly in January

1 point of the play offs yep...considering we were above Cardiff about 10 weeks ago, speaks volumes

We have a punchers chance at best, but teams like Boro and Preston, and even Millwall look a far better bet at the minute. They may just be behind us but if this was a horse race...we look like that horse who is leading going into the last bend, but he looks knackered, whilst every other horse is finding their final gear

is it just me    Google Search.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Blimey,  are you a motivational speaker by any chance?

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

13 points from 13 games since January 1st, that is appalling form and worse than that we look totally disorganised and lacking in creativity, but most worrying is that the midfield for me which had been a strength up until the turn of the year look as though they have never played together.

Don't get me wrong I am genuinely happy with our position in this league for a change, to be honest my biggest disappointment is overwhelmingly our poor transfer business in January, I believe that we missed a chance to significantly improve our squad and have totally failed, we should have been looking at players who were signed to consolidate our lofty position and we failed.

As I said you can clearly draw a distinction between our home and away form. The away form is the issue.

Apalling form is when you’re losing every week. We’re not, we’ve lost 3 times in our last 11 games. It’s average and it’s disappointing in the context of our season, but it’s not appalling.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As I said you can clearly draw a distinction between our home and away form. The away form is the issue.

Apalling form is when you’re losing every week. We’re not, we’ve lost 3 times in our last 11 games. It’s average and it’s disappointing in the context of our season, but it’s not appalling.

Our results have been poor but but our away performances have been worse than poor, when was our last decent away league performance? You probably have to go as far back as Ipswich in October, nearly 6 months ago, i’ve seen some truly woeful displays at Wednesday, Villa, Cardiff & Burton with not a City goal amongst it

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

No invention, no penetration, poor crossing, poor decision making, we have not created a single chance.

The biggest single thing that I can see is runners. During our good run we had people running past the forwards and pulling defender around. When Reid was  CF if he dropped Pato , Brownhill , even Smith and Pack would bomb on. Today Reid was more like CMF , came so deep FD was isolated and no one moved into the spaced he'd left or got past the forward. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You should know better than trying to come on here with a sense of perspective.

23 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Liverpool Cathedral in Liverpool is fantastic as a modern example of Scouse religious architecture.

The Catholics really upped their game when they moved to the new building in the seventies.

I believe that old Cathedrals are just not up to the demands of modern religion even though the atmosphere in these edifices is superior.

Major, the chandelier in this Cathedral was made in Bristol by Gardiner Sons & Co Ltd at their Midland Works and the whole device was erected in the T A Hall, Old Market for the workers and staff to see before dismantling and delivery. As a draughtsman there, the sight was remarkable for something this ornate to be seen.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Is your glass at your local always half empty? Cheer up mucks

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 1