IGNORED

SECTION 82 - Prediction

BCFC1959

The way the whole discriminatory structure of next season ticket prices has been forced on fans says a lot about how our club is being run.

I am convinced that the club views Section 82 as a thorn in their side and that the unreserved and standing aspect will cease to exist in the next couple of years.

This will completely ruin the match day experience and kill any atmosphere for those of us who have been moved from the East End, to The Williams, The Ayteo and currently S82.

Still undecided whether to renew in S82 but if my concerns are correct it would be an easy decision. No renewal!

8 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

I am convinced that the club views Section 82 as a thorn in their side and that the unreserved and standing aspect will cease to exist in the next couple of years.

I agree with the first bit, I am sure they would see an easier life if everyone was sat quietly (OK, not quietly, but more quietly than S82).

Not sure they will be able to effectively to kill-off though. I think there is enough support for it amongst the fanbase, not just those in S82's current home. 

I'm not in the S82 corner these days, but as a youngster was in the East End. It is an important section to have, to generate some atmosphere, which Bristol Sport are happy enough to embrace when it suits them.

1 hour ago, BCFC1959 said:

The way the whole discriminatory structure of next season ticket prices has been forced on fans says a lot about how our club is being run.

This will completely ruin the match day experience and kill any atmosphere for those of us who have been moved from the East End, to The Williams, The Ayteo and currently S82.

Still undecided whether to renew in S82 but if my concerns are correct it would be an easy decision. No renewal!

The club are clearly trying to drive them away. I mean, the cheek of keeping their prices the same...!

That certainly seems like a statement of intent to me..! 

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The club are clearly trying to drive them away. I mean, the cheek of keeping their prices the same...!

That certainly seems like a statement of intent to me..! 

Guess you could be right - although not sure the gesture was one of genuine support!

4 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Guess you could be right - although not sure the gesture was one of genuine support!

I really worry about the mismanagement of season tickets this time around. If the club don't value the efforts of people in S82 to generate an atmosphere then we really are heading in the wrong direction.

But, this year's biggest crime (so far) is pushing near all families with young kids into the Upper Lansdown. It's great having the capacity but it's not the right place to nurture the next generation of supporters. Kids need to be near their heros and feel some atmosphere or they will never get hooked.

Why can't we let people sit where they want and give concessions as appropriate?

5 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

What offers a gesture of support than being the only stand not given a price rise..?!

It would be the easiest thing ever to create a resin for withdrawing unreserved seating and allowance to stand. Something not afforded to any other part of the ground. 

What more do you want..? Stop playing victim..! 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:02, Bar BS3 said:

What offers a gesture of support than being the only stand not given a price rise..?!

It would be the easiest thing ever to create a resin for withdrawing unreserved seating and allowance to stand. Something not afforded to any other part of the ground. 

Offering my opinion is not playing victim. You may not agree but that's fine

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

I suspect because other fans would have to move seats, and we know that is not popular.

I'm sure that's correct but there would also be issues with blocking others views if they extended it as those standing in any other part of the ground would block the view of those in the block next to them.

Quick note to everyone in section 82 -

The fans love you , the players love you, just maybe the club loves you.

You do a great job generating atmosphere which others enjoy,  plus you provide a tidy income.

Not sure where the conspiracy theory is coming from.

On 3/17/2018 at 19:02, Bar BS3 said:

On the flip side, I think Bristol Sport understand that for a number of fans, they don't just go for the football. The atmosphere, the flags, the chants, sitting with like minded people etc. If they were to price out S82 it would all stop and they'd lose, I estimate, upto 200 season tickets in that area as many people, myself included, simply wouldn't renew.

I for one couldn't stand to see Ashton Gate as a souless plastic bowl devoid of any noise, just like Cardiff have become. Not only that, but it isn't a fun afternoon out either.

6 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

On the flip side, I think Bristol Sport understand that for a number of fans, they don't just go for the football. The atmosphere, the flags, the chants, sitting with like minded people etc. If they were to price out S82 it would all stop and they'd lose, I estimate, upto 200 season tickets in that area as many people, myself included, simply wouldn't renew.

I for one couldn't stand to see Ashton Gate as a souless plastic bowl devoid of any noise, just like Cardiff have become. Not only that, but it isn't a fun afternoon out either.

The claim was “they clearly don’t want us and would love to get rid of us” 

My point was it would be easy to drive them away, as you’ve just described, but they haven’t. They’ve left if as one of the few areas NOT being increased. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The claim was “they clearly don’t want us and would love to get rid of us” 

My point was it would be easy to drive them away, as you’ve just described, but they haven’t. They’ve left if as one of the few areas NOT being increased. 

Cos we paid extra last year.  

The placement of stewards etc around S82 is something people seem to get offended by and I don't fully understand why. Also I think its more to do with a large group of loud and passionate fans sitting together that makes the club a tad nervous, they were the first ones on the pitch against Man Utd and I think the club are very aware of pitch invasions and trouble, now more than ever. I'm sure the stewards etc could be acting like little hitlers but as they say, if you aren't doing anything wrong you 'should' have nothing to worry about.

I'm just getting sick of being asked for my ticket 20 times a game but I do kinda understand as when I was a kid, I snuck in many times.

37 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I get your point BS3, but I think the placement of stewards and robocops around s82 makes it pretty clear they ain't liked. BS likes the revenue though.

I’m pretty sure that’s just what SAG insist on to give that area the extra leeway of unreserved seating and allowance to stand. Something not afforded to any other part of the ground. 

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s just what SAG insist on to give that area the extra leeway of unreserved seating and allowance to stand. Something not afforded to any other part of the ground. 

Would suggest that's highly likely to be the case.

@EmissionImpossible @Loon plage

The club have quite possibly been under strong scrutiny this year. I like S82- but the SAG, Police, the EFL quite potentially and possibly the FA- I don't know whether they hold them in such esteem. The club have to appease these, end of story.

Particularly the string of pyros at the start of the season- that cast the die, that set the tone a bit I would suggest, unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would suggest that's highly likely to be the case.

@EmissionImpossible @Loon plage

The club have quite possibly been under strong scrutiny this year. I like S82- but the SAG, Police, the EFL quite potentially and possibly the FA- I don't know whether they hold them in such esteem. The club have to appease these, end of story.

Particularly the string of pyros at the start of the season- that cast the die, that set the tone a bit I would suggest, unfortunately.

Yep the pyro didn't help but was eradicated, and I see sections of support standing all over the country with nowhere near the amount of attention afforded to "s82" The level of stewarding and policing at AG is excessive but no doubt it keeps Mr Storrie in the limelight so will continue.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Yep the pyro didn't help but was eradicated, and I see sections of support standing all over the country with nowhere near the amount of attention afforded to "s82" The level of stewarding and policing at AG is excessive but no doubt it keeps Mr Storrie in the limelight so will continue.

I don’t know why our SAG seem to make more demands of the club, than appear to be the case elsewhere in the country. It is frustrating, I agree - but it’s also very different from claims that the club can’t wait to get rid of S82. 

As far as I can see, they get special dispensation on some rules that apply in other parts of the ground. The cheapest price category in the ground and one of few areas not hit with price rises. 

It hardly smacks of being disliked and wanted rid of..! 

25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I echo the sentiment, but perhaps our SAG are particularly fussy Some SAGs seem to be stricter than others- no vast consistency IMO...throw in the secrecy of ours and it's not a happy scenario.

For sure, the pyro didn't help. However, as well as the SAG, the fact it breached FA and EFL rules (as well as the law) will bring a level of scrutiny that is possibly unwarranted- but it will and did bring it nonetheless.

That's what I mean though, it's not just about appeasing the SAG and police, but also EFL and FA.

Another point to make on this theme, is that our profile as a club has risen quite a bit in the last 2-3 years. With that, comes attention and increased attention like this. I would make a prediction that if we get to PL, number of stewards in and around AG will double.

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t know why our SAG seem to make more demands of the club, than appear to be the case elsewhere in the country. It is frustrating, I agree - but it’s also very different from claims that the club can’t wait to get rid of S82. 

As far as I can see, they get special dispensation on some rules that apply in other parts of the ground. The cheapest price category in the ground and one of few areas not hit with price rises. 

It hardly smacks of being disliked and wanted rid of..! 

I respect your view mate, and agree that the club won't want rid, at least whilst it couldn't sell those seats to other punters.

If there was demand though from "nicer" folks, I think s82 would be dust. 

Just how I see it.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I echo the sentiment, but perhaps our SAG are particularly fussy Some SAGs seem to be stricter than others- no vast consistency IMO...throw in the secrecy of ours and it's not a happy scenario.

For sure, the pyro didn't help. However, as well as the SAG, the fact it breached FA and EFL rules (as well as the law) will bring a level of scrutiny that is possibly unwarranted- but it will and did bring it nonetheless.

That's what I mean though, it's not just about appeasing the SAG and police, but also EFL and FA.

Another point to make on this theme, is that our profile as a club has risen quite a bit in the last 2-3 years. With that, comes attention and increased attention like this. I would make a prediction that if we get to PL, number of stewards in and around AG will double.

Blimey that would make for an enjoyable match experience wouldn't it !

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I respect your view mate, and agree that the club won't want rid, at least whilst it couldn't sell those seats to other punters.

If there was demand though from "nicer" folks, I think s82 would be dust. 

Just how I see it.

Yeah, I think if decision makers at the club were given the option of eradicating S82 (with no consequences) and replacing them with nice Rugby types then they definitely would.

Fact is that there would be consequences and even the decision makers at the club aren’t silly enough to try it right now. Luckily it seems fans at AG value S82 and their contribution. Without them it would be a morgue.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, I think if decision makers at the club were given the option of eradicating S82 (with no consequences) and replacing them with nice Rugby types then they definitely would.

Fact is that there would be consequences and even the decision makers at the club aren’t silly enough to try it right now. Luckily it seems fans at AG value S82 and their contribution. Without them it would be a morgue.

Fair comment. Often a bit of a library without them.

19 hours ago, kivsy said:

Cos we paid extra last year.  

Didn’t you move from the Atyeo? The SS was always going to be priced higher than the Atyeo. Apologies if I have it wrong and the whole of the SS had a £50 rise, but I can’t remember that?

Archived