IGNORED

SECTION 82 - Prediction

BCFC1959

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Didn’t you move from the Atyeo? The SS was always going to be priced higher than the Atyeo. Apologies if I have it wrong and the whole of the SS had a £50 rise, but I can’t remember that?

Did they have a choice to stay put though? If the move is forced then I'd say that was a price raise. IMO the club should have made that whole stand £299. If everyone in the SS was an adult and every seat was a ST seat, then it would have cost the club £300,000. However the reality is that the club would have lost less than that.

• The 1000 that came over were paying 299 anyway, so no money lost there.
  • The stand isn't full so less money lost there.
  • Many children sit in that stand for £50 so no money lost there
  • We'd sell more STs at the lower rate to make up some, if not all of the shortfall.

I'd wager the club would have lost no more than £150,000 by dropping the price in the SS to £299 last season. We wouldn't even sniff at £150,000 it is such a small amount of money in football. How much did we pay for Engvall?

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

Didn’t you move from the Atyeo? The SS was always going to be priced higher than the Atyeo. Apologies if I have it wrong and the whole of the SS had a £50 rise, but I can’t remember that?

You are right it was a move from the atyeo and that was the justification for the 50£ increase to ensure it was in line with the rest of the SS. 

However the club offered no alternative so it was a take it or leave it situation and there was very little support from the rest of the fan base at the time that city fans were priced out of going, which is a shame because it seems that it only seems a big deal to others once they get hit in the pocket themselves. 

@Welcome To The Jungle@WolfOfWestStreetI’m not disagreeing with you here or suggesting the club handled it right but once they decided the Atyeo was going to be for away fans only it was a done deal as far as the club were concerned. They saw more income coming from sell out away supporters and not losing to segregation, to date I don’t know how many times we have sold out, not many I would imagine?

Too late now but the ‘singers’ should never have gone back to the Atyeo after they came away from the Williams (incidentally I’m very surprised they got a reduced rate when they went in the William’s, people were paying a hell of a lot more only a couple of feet away weren’t they). To be fair to the club I think the singers group were accommodated more than some of the general fans who were dispersed at various times and just had to find seats where they could.

The ‘singers’ should have gone straight into the centre of the SS, but we had the problem of the owner hand his corporate guests, the WAGS etc. I think the club spun it so it looked like the singers were getting their wish to return ‘home’ to the Atyeo, but in reality it’s what the club wanted you to want, for a while anyway. Now the club wants something else for next season, season after that it might be something else again and the SS facing price rises. Who knows.

#MakingBristolSad

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Blimey that would make for an enjoyable match experience wouldn't it !

It's just how it tends to be in the PL. Ratios wise...read there were 1,000 stewards forecasted for Arsenal-Man City when it expressed doubt over the weather. Assume 60,000 fans...1,000 stewards unless it was a sloppily written article, of 1,000 stewards and staff. If it was 1,000 stewards...Well it's ridiculous really.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's just how it tends to be in the PL. Ratios wise...read there were 1,000 stewards forecasted for Arsenal-Man City when it expressed doubt over the weather. Assume 60,000 fans...1,000 stewards unless it was a sloppily written article, of 1,000 stewards and staff. If it was 1,000 stewards...Well it's ridiculous really.

1000 stewards! What for! It's hardly gonna kick off is it??

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

An article said it so...maybe it was wrong but the PL is very, very sanitised- especially at the big clubs.

That is unbelievable. Can understand why fans of some clubs end up resenting the PL when theres 1000 hired goons staring at them the whole game.

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

That is unbelievable. Can understand why fans of some clubs end up resenting the PL when theres 1000 hired goons staring at them the whole game.

Watch any PL game on tv. There aren't 1,000 stewards surrounding the touchline and I know you're exaggerating for lols, but still.

With such large crowd numbers, you get numerous stewards outside managing the wider ground and surroundings. Car parks, access roads, crossing points, concourses etc. 

The pitch that the crowd end up watching remains largely the same with stadium footprints varying somewhat. The bigger the crowd, the harder it is to manage the people in/out within the same time frame. Plus at PL games a lot of the time it seems a single line of stewards can be used as segregation between sets of fans yet at AG we've tended to replicate No Mans Land in an attempt to ward people off.

I don't use them but do we have stewards at our (few) official carparks? Try scaling it up to the likes of new builds and you can quickly see where numbers creep up. 

9 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Watch any PL game on tv. There aren't 1,000 stewards surrounding the touchline and I know you're exaggerating for lols, but still.

With such large crowd numbers, you get numerous stewards outside managing the wider ground and surroundings. Car parks, access roads, crossing points, concourses etc. 

The pitch that the crowd end up watching remains largely the same with stadium footprints varying somewhat. The bigger the crowd, the harder it is to manage the people in/out within the same time frame. Plus at PL games a lot of the time it seems a single line of stewards can be used as segregation between sets of fans yet at AG we've tended to replicate No Mans Land in an attempt to ward people off.

I don't use them but do we have stewards at our (few) official carparks? Try scaling it up to the likes of new builds and you can quickly see where numbers creep up. 

No man land is to save money. To have minimal netting you need a steward on each row 

1 hour ago, chalky said:

The club treat s82 with contempt by stifling its growth, however, they like to use pictures of the fans waving flags and the team and management are always calling for noisy support. Always been the same.

Bloody hell - anyone else cheesed off with the whole conspiracy theory that the club "has it in" for S82 and that they're all victims?

On 19/03/2018 at 16:58, Anglo-Welsh said:

On the flip side, I think Bristol Sport understand that for a number of fans, they don't just go for the football. The atmosphere, the flags, the chants, sitting with like minded people etc. If they were to price out S82 it would all stop and they'd lose, I estimate, upto 200 season tickets in that area as many people, myself included, simply wouldn't renew.

I for one couldn't stand to see Ashton Gate as a souless plastic bowl devoid of any noise, just like Cardiff have become. Not only that, but it isn't a fun afternoon out either.

It’s not a ‘bowl’ though is it?! If 200 people didn’t renew in that area I reckon another 200 would probably take their place...

I'm really interested to read this thread, because i have become very frustrated with the atmosphere at AG this season.  Don't get me wrong there have been a few cracking games, atmosphere wise, but far to few

I don't post very often, am not a gashead, but do read the forum regularly.  I am a CIty fan and love City

My son and i moved to the Dolman this season after testing out the Lansdown last season next to the what i currently call the "standing, generally non singing section".  My son wanted to sit there to be part of the atmosphere and i was happy to do so as i will join in a lot of the songs and used to love being on the East End back in the day, I'm still recovering from the injuries after Donawa's goal!

There a number of fans in the standing section who do sing, i like the new song the guy with the megaphone sings (being old i still mistime the Uh's) and him and a number of people around him are always having a go at trying at building atmosphere and getting the singing going.  If i was them after the last few games in particular i would be feeling really frustrated at the lack of backing as i reckon at best at a lot of times only 50 or so people are singing.

In general i look at that section and the people in there and think - Why are you in there?  Your stood chatting to your mates, chewing your nails, scratching your arse generally doing anything but singing.  For me if you are in there you should be walking out of there unable to speak for three days, that is your absolute responsibility if you are in there in my opinion.

We all have a responsibility to back the team and actually for me on Saturday the 2 loudest songs were started by other sections of the SS.

So we can talk about prices, section 82, the injustice of Bristol Sport but actually do me a favour and do what your responsibility for having a ticket in that section demands and please for the love of God sing before you start bitching and moaning about everything else that is "wrong" with our club

11 hours ago, Le Grande Homme said:

I'm really interested to read this thread, because i have become very frustrated with the atmosphere at AG this season.  Don't get me wrong there have been a few cracking games, atmosphere wise, but far to few

I don't post very often, am not a gashead, but do read the forum regularly.  I am a CIty fan and love City

My son and i moved to the Dolman this season after testing out the Lansdown last season next to the what i currently call the "standing, generally non singing section".  My son wanted to sit there to be part of the atmosphere and i was happy to do so as i will join in a lot of the songs and used to love being on the East End back in the day, I'm still recovering from the injuries after Donawa's goal!

There a number of fans in the standing section who do sing, i like the new song the guy with the megaphone sings (being old i still mistime the Uh's) and him and a number of people around him are always having a go at trying at building atmosphere and getting the singing going.  If i was them after the last few games in particular i would be feeling really frustrated at the lack of backing as i reckon at best at a lot of times only 50 or so people are singing.

In general i look at that section and the people in there and think - Why are you in there?  Your stood chatting to your mates, chewing your nails, scratching your arse generally doing anything but singing.  For me if you are in there you should be walking out of there unable to speak for three days, that is your absolute responsibility if you are in there in my opinion.

We all have a responsibility to back the team and actually for me on Saturday the 2 loudest songs were started by other sections of the SS.

So we can talk about prices, section 82, the injustice of Bristol Sport but actually do me a favour and do what your responsibility for having a ticket in that section demands and please for the love of God sing before you start bitching and moaning about everything else that is "wrong" with our club

This a million times. Was my biggest issue with it all when I was there. Nothing drains your enthusiasm more than being just one of a handful of people singing. The stood, arms crossed brigade did my nut in. In the Atyeo there was always the 'cheapest ticket' excuse. The idea that some were there for the cheapest ticket, and not to sing, which is understandable if your budget is tight. However now I just feel like they are stealing someone else's spot in a very limited part of the stadium. 

12 hours ago, tommy_b said:

That's true actually.

I would imagine the Emirates would have ample parking facilities in and around the ground- being a new build and holding 60,000- which would see rather a lot of carpark stewards! However, someone who I know who has stewarded at Bournemouth in the PL told me their smallest stand has more stewards there than in the Dolman! So it's probably a bit of both, like most things. Also, they are lined right around the pitch in PL grounds- look at Chelsea for example.

Archived