IGNORED

Right, play offs, let's bloody do this

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

If we attain 75 points or more, it will be our biggest points total in the 2nd flight EVER wouldn't it? 

That's ignoring the move from 2ppg to 3ppg (81/82?). 

Puts into perspective how successful this season has been.

It was only 42 games in 75/6 (19 wins, 15 draws). Think 1905/6 is our best (38 games), and not about to be beaten any time soon.

This season is good going though.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It was only 42 games in 75/6 (19 wins, 15 draws). Think 1905/6 is our best (38 games), and not about to be beaten any time soon.

This season is good going though.

I think we're well on course for our second 'best' season (ie league position and pts total) in c35 years. That's a long time!

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What?      :dunno:

I have absolutely no idea how points Dad got. 

Im only interested in how many we might need to finish in the top 6. 

Let me tell you... 74. 

There were an impressive 20 wins.

That was our best season since the 1970s.

We currently have 61 points and 16 wins.

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Let me tell you... 74. 

And you're telling me that even tho I'm not remotely interested in what happened years ago.

3 hours ago, Negan said:

The big games are Middlesbrough and Sheff United. We’ll need to win both of those along with probably 3 more to get a top 6 finish. We CAN do it but let’s hope villa don’t finish 3rd if we pinch that last spot... 

You can also probably include Millwall in that list of big games given their current form.

5 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

You can also probably include Millwall in that list of big games given their current form.

5 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Millwall v City is going to be huge.  What is behind their recent surge up the table?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Boring...............:sleeping:

I think a lot of Bristol City fans are fascinated by our history. If points totals ever come up in a conversation, you're now well equipped to inform them.

10 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I'm supporting Cardiff tomorrow, balls to it, I'd rather be chasing 5th and 6th place rather than just 6th. 

Steady on, I'm still hoping that somehow Cardiff implode, lose every game from here to the end, and finish 7th!

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think a lot of Bristol City fans are fascinated by our history. If points totals ever come up in a conversation, you're now well equipped to inform them.

Apart from 1976 City don't have a history of any note. I remember it very well. It was only time I ever invaded the pitch.

Why do you suppose the City museum wasn't opened?   

Nothing to put in it is why.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Apart from 1976 City don't have a history of any note. I remember it very well. It was only time I ever invaded the pitch.

Just red & white carpet ?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gloucester Professional Cup, Anglo Scottish Cup,, and Harry Dolman's tea cup. Not bad".............

10 hours ago, mozo said:

I think we need to win 4 more games.

Our away form is my biggest concern. Barnsley next week is our best chance of winning away.

9 hours ago, Jacky Boy said:

4 wins and 1 draw will do it! 

Previous stats say 73points is good enough.

7 hours ago, mozo said:

Let me tell you... 74. 

I said 6 wins were needed before yesterday; I still think we will need another 5 now. There are 5 teams fighting for 6th and we cannot possibly expect to do better or equal to all of them. Yes we play Boro, Blades and Millwall for the proverbial 6 pointers and yes Derby are in poor form but the way Preston and Millwall are going I cannot see them slowing down, nor can we expect them to. 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss and we make it by a point. 78 points.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I said 6 wins were needed before yesterday; I still think we will need another 5 now. There are 5 teams fighting for 6th and we cannot possibly expect to do better or equal to all of them. Yes we play Boro, Blades and Millwall for the proverbial 6 pointers and yes Derby are in poor form but the way Preston and Millwall are going I cannot see them slowing down, nor can we expect them to. 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss and we make it by a point. 78 points.

It's the time of the season where anything can happen as nerves kick in and clubs see the big prize.

Millwall have recently done brilliantly but I predict they will not keep their  form up . They have been playing without pressure since they made themselves safe from relegation but now it's theirs to lose , a different mind set manifests itself.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

In that case, I think we need the football gods on our side. We need some luck at a crucial time.

I'm talking here about a crucial referee decision in one of those six pointers, and a scuffed winner here or there, maybe a benevolent deflection or three.  

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

No, you're not remotely interested in this

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Negan said:

The big games are Middlesbrough and Sheff United. We’ll need to win both of those along with probably 3 more to get a top 6 finish. We CAN do it but let’s hope villa don’t finish 3rd if we pinch that last spot... 

If we do finish 6th & Villa do finish 3rd. 

LJ has the chance to make sense of his comment.

we will see where we end up & see where they end up. 

On 18/03/2018 at 14:56, Major Isewater said:

Millwall have recently done brilliantly but I predict they will not keep their  form up . They have been playing without pressure since they made themselves safe from relegation but now it's theirs to lose , a different mind set manifests itself.

Indeed will be interesting to see how well they can cope; the bottling of their nerve may not come into play though; it may simply be that 5 of their final 8 matches are against play off teams or those in and around the hunt. They probably have the toughest of run ins.

On 18/03/2018 at 16:46, mozo said:

In that case, I think we need the football gods on our side. We need some luck at a crucial time.

I'm talking here about a crucial referee decision in one of those six pointers, and a scuffed winner here or there, maybe a benevolent deflection or three.  

Going to be a fascinating finale. I just hope we stay in contention until game 46 otherwise its hugely deflating to ones sense of well being. And should we fail I might need to crack open the stored 15 yr old single malt to drown a little.

Someone has kindly done a run in thread this time of season with all our rivals matches and our games.. I look forward to seeing that again, but I think Wolves are key, they have to play plenty of the playoff hopefuls so let's hope the don't implode! 

On 17/03/2018 at 22:54, Robbored said:

@JulieH @Fordy62 

Go on then old bill, do your job and arrest this man! 

Banning order required :fear:

Archived