Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

reddogkev

Right, play offs, let's bloody do this

Come on - let's do this, we're still (somehow) in with a strong chance of the play offs, and by God we are going to finish in the top 6 this season.  We deserve it, and yes, we shouldn't let Boro and Pullis, or any of the rest of the chasing pack take our place.

Sure, Millwall look like they're hell bent on crashing the top 6, but if they want 6th place, well we'll just have to snatch 5th away from Derby.

The players and management have to forget our slump in form and build on this crucial win today.  Here's hoping for 3 points away to Barnsley next and a thrilling battle to the end of the season.

What an end to the season it will be.  Can't bloody wait to see what happens!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think we need to win 4 more games.

Our away form is my biggest concern. Barnsley next week is our best chance of winning away.

It’s up to us. We have the chance to end promotion hopes of Millwall and Brentford and we need to capatilise on that, the more teams we can beat below us (hopefully by the time we play Boro they are on that list as well) and end their chances of play offs the better. 

We we need to win against Barnsley. Keep this unbeaten run going as long as possible. Judging by the fixture list I’m hoping it could be signed and sealed by the time we play Sheff Utd

Whether we make it or not, I am very grateful of the fact that we are actually in a playoff race rather than the miserable and desperate relegation battles of the last two seasons. We still have to play Boro, Millwall, Brentford and Sheff Utd which will be key games. There is a lot to look forward to. 

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Whether we make it or not, I am very grateful of the fact that we are actually in a playoff race rather than the miserable and desperate relegation battles of the last two seasons. We still have to play Boro, Millwall, Brentford and Sheff Utd which will be key games. There is a lot to look forward to. 

100% agree - compared to last season, this is blooming brilliant.  The final few games will be exceptional.

• Like 3

Hey, a drab affair against poor opposition. But 3 points are 3 points and the big bonus for me is a clean sheet without aden or Joe. 

• Like 1

The big games are Middlesbrough and Sheff United. We’ll need to win both of those along with probably 3 more to get a top 6 finish. We CAN do it but let’s hope villa don’t finish 3rd if we pinch that last spot... 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Guess perversely we are supporting Cardiff tomorrow. 

You kinky perv, Davidfevs

44 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Come on - let's do this, we're still (somehow) in with a strong chance of the play offs, and by God we are going to finish in the top 6 this season.  We deserve it, and yes, we shouldn't let Boro and Pullis, or any of the rest of the chasing pack take our place.

Sure, Millwall look like they're hell bent on crashing the top 6, but if they want 6th place, well we'll just have to snatch 5th away from Derby.

The players and management have to forget our slump in form and build on this crucial win today.  Here's hoping for 3 points away to Barnsley next and a thrilling battle to the end of the season.

What an end to the season it will be.  Can't bloody wait to see what happens!

Too negative Mr Reddog , we must aim for the title now . 

:yes:

We need around another 15 points from 8 games. 4 wins and 3 draws should be enough.

Winning our remaining home games is crucial unless we can get an away win.

Its certainly do-able.

Edited by Robbored

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Win our next game and I’ll start getting excited again!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Guess perversely we are supporting Cardiff tomorrow. 

Of course mate, we need any team from third to sixth to lose as many as possible from now on....

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’m not quite sure, it’s a long gruelling season where ANYTHING can happen

Im pretty sure someone will finish 7th though............ :fear:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

We need around another 15 points from 8 games. 4 wins and 3 draws should be enough.

Winning our remaining home games is crucial unless we can get an away win.

Its certainly do-able.

You want Lee to get more points than his dad in 2008. 

• Confused 1

We can do it. Important win today when we not played so good, clean sheet aswell. Its a strenght to win when we are not playing well. A win vs Barnsley would be great. Players are coming back from injuries so Im looking forward to the end of the season. Always believe, COYR!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If we attain 75 points or more, it will be our biggest points total in the 2nd flight EVER wouldn't it? 

That's ignoring the move from 2ppg to 3ppg (81/82?). 

Puts into perspective how successful this season has been.

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

If we attain 75 points or more, it will be our biggest points total in the 2nd flight EVER wouldn't it? 

That's ignoring the move from 2ppg to 3ppg (81/82?). 

Puts into perspective how successful this season has been.

It was only 42 games in 75/6 (19 wins, 15 draws). Think 1905/6 is our best (38 games), and not about to be beaten any time soon.

This season is good going though.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It was only 42 games in 75/6 (19 wins, 15 draws). Think 1905/6 is our best (38 games), and not about to be beaten any time soon.

This season is good going though.

I think we're well on course for our second 'best' season (ie league position and pts total) in c35 years. That's a long time!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

What?      :dunno:

I have absolutely no idea how points Dad got. 

Im only interested in how many we might need to finish in the top 6. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What?      :dunno:

I have absolutely no idea how points Dad got. 

Im only interested in how many we might need to finish in the top 6. 

Let me tell you... 74. 

There were an impressive 20 wins.

That was our best season since the 1970s.

We currently have 61 points and 16 wins.

Edited by mozo

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Let me tell you... 74. 

And you're telling me that even tho I'm not remotely interested in what happened years ago.

3 hours ago, Negan said:

The big games are Middlesbrough and Sheff United. We’ll need to win both of those along with probably 3 more to get a top 6 finish. We CAN do it but let’s hope villa don’t finish 3rd if we pinch that last spot... 

You can also probably include Millwall in that list of big games given their current form.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And you're telling me that even tho I'm not remotely interested in what happened years ago.

Yes I am.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

You can also probably include Millwall in that list of big games given their current form.

5 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Millwall v City is going to be huge.  What is behind their recent surge up the table?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Boring...............:sleeping:

I think a lot of Bristol City fans are fascinated by our history. If points totals ever come up in a conversation, you're now well equipped to inform them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I'm supporting Cardiff tomorrow, balls to it, I'd rather be chasing 5th and 6th place rather than just 6th. 

Steady on, I'm still hoping that somehow Cardiff implode, lose every game from here to the end, and finish 7th!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think a lot of Bristol City fans are fascinated by our history. If points totals ever come up in a conversation, you're now well equipped to inform them.

Apart from 1976 City don't have a history of any note. I remember it very well. It was only time I ever invaded the pitch.

Why do you suppose the City museum wasn't opened?   

Nothing to put in it is why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Apart from 1976 City don't have a history of any note. I remember it very well. It was only time I ever invaded the pitch.

Just red & white carpet ?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Gloucester Professional Cup, Anglo Scottish Cup,, and Harry Dolman's tea cup. Not bad".............

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mozo said:

I think we need to win 4 more games.

Our away form is my biggest concern. Barnsley next week is our best chance of winning away.

9 hours ago, Jacky Boy said:

4 wins and 1 draw will do it! 

Previous stats say 73points is good enough.

7 hours ago, mozo said:

Let me tell you... 74. 

I said 6 wins were needed before yesterday; I still think we will need another 5 now. There are 5 teams fighting for 6th and we cannot possibly expect to do better or equal to all of them. Yes we play Boro, Blades and Millwall for the proverbial 6 pointers and yes Derby are in poor form but the way Preston and Millwall are going I cannot see them slowing down, nor can we expect them to. 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss and we make it by a point. 78 points.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I said 6 wins were needed before yesterday; I still think we will need another 5 now. There are 5 teams fighting for 6th and we cannot possibly expect to do better or equal to all of them. Yes we play Boro, Blades and Millwall for the proverbial 6 pointers and yes Derby are in poor form but the way Preston and Millwall are going I cannot see them slowing down, nor can we expect them to. 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss and we make it by a point. 78 points.

It's the time of the season where anything can happen as nerves kick in and clubs see the big prize.

Millwall have recently done brilliantly but I predict they will not keep their  form up . They have been playing without pressure since they made themselves safe from relegation but now it's theirs to lose , a different mind set manifests itself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

In that case, I think we need the football gods on our side. We need some luck at a crucial time.

I'm talking here about a crucial referee decision in one of those six pointers, and a scuffed winner here or there, maybe a benevolent deflection or three.