IGNORED

Bolton beat Villa

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Super said:

Cardiff win tomorrow they are as good as up.

Bit to do yet clearly, but they would be 10 points clear with 8 games left - great position to be in , all of the pressure on the teams chasing them.

Dont want him to manage us and don't ever want us to play their style of football but, it is remarkable what they have achieved this season.

Bolton actually looked a very good side in what was apocalyptic snow. What really impressed me was their ‘game management’ for the last 10 mins or so - I have heard this term a lot this season to describe blatant time wasting and sides completely stopping the flow of the game (as we have seen so much from teams coming to Ashton Gate this season). However, Bolton kept the ball in play comfortably within the Villa half and bar one last minute worry, Villa weren’t given a chance. All without the constant feigning of injuries and negative tactics.

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As well as beating us and Villa, they've also beaten Cardiff at home, won at Sheff Utd, drawn twice with Fulham and drawn at Preston. 

Those are some impressive stats.

7 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Bolton actually looked a very good side in what was apocalyptic snow. What really impressed me was their ‘game management’ for the last 10 mins or so - I have heard this term a lot this season to describe blatant time wasting and sides completely stopping the flow of the game (as we have seen so much from teams coming to Ashton Gate this season). However, Bolton kept the ball in play comfortably within the Villa half and bar one last minute worry, Villa weren’t given a chance. All without the constant feigning of injuries and negative tactics.

Maybe Villa have too many, likely continental, players who were tip toeing around the snow trying not to scratch their shaved shins. Bolton players maybe made of sterner stuff and on a serious bonus if they stay up which I think they are half way to doing. If we make the play offs who would you rather have Fulham or Villa? Unlikely to be any other I don't think.

27 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Those are some impressive stats.

Maybe Villa have too many, likely continental, players who were tip toeing around the snow trying not to scratch their shaved shins. Bolton players maybe made of sterner stuff and on a serious bonus if they stay up which I think they are half way to doing. If we make the play offs who would you rather have Fulham or Villa? Unlikely to be any other I don't think.

Tough one. Fulham are definitely the form side but if I go purely by our home and away performances against them compared to against Villa this season (albeit, of these four games I didn’t go to Villa away - result speaks for itself though), I would say I would just about prefer Fulham. Fulham definitely showed they are not invincible in their second half performance against QPR yesterday. 

Archived