IGNORED

Derby Vs Cardiff (Merged)

Selred

To be fair Colin as much as I hate him has got a point. Derby wanted the game off because of injuries and claimed the police advised them to call it off. The police are saying they didn’t and that Derby made the decision themselves. Derby fans were even saying there was hardly any snow and the roads were fine. Hopefully the game gets awarded to Cardiff and Derby get deducted points.

we just cant seem to ignore the man on this forum. This year he is doing well

For someone who has never been to the dogs (greyhounds, not Welch Warnocks) if they bet trap 1 15 times they would probably win 2 or 3 times

Warnock has had 15 jobs in mostly lower, northern league clubs and has to win some time. It isnt clever, it just odds (ask the bookies!) 

I always think its worth asking plymouth, torquay, gainsborough, oldham, bury, Scunthorpe, scarborough, notts c, huddersfield fans what they think. The latter hated him in 1993-95 and laterley fans at Leeds (2012-13) think the same as our owner SL that he wasnt 'fit for purpose' of a club aiming higher. The fact that he is doing well for the sheep sh******* is just like betting trap 1 blindfolded - it has to happen sometime as a probability. You'd better pity the next team he goes to (once per week) and it could be swindle or B'ham or someone else we dislike but where he will evert to form --and fail

8 hours ago, Packman said:

To be fair Colin as much as I hate him has got a point. Derby wanted the game off because of injuries and claimed the police advised them to call it off. The police are saying they didn’t and that Derby made the decision themselves. Derby fans were even saying there was hardly any snow and the roads were fine. Hopefully the game gets awarded to Cardiff and Derby get deducted points.

Clearly the case. Shame for us as we needed Derby to lose. 

Vince Alm
Yesterday at 7:12pm ·
I have just had a re-cap on today's events so many things don't add up!

I was told the game was postponed due to staff not be able to get to work at 8.06 am by the Police so somebody had informed them prior to that; Yet the official statement says it was called off at 8.30am in agreement with the football club, Police, and Safety advisory Group due to safety concerns? At 9.23am The police tweet the decision has nothing to do with us? 9.30am Derby County megastore tweet open for business come and see us yet earlier it wasn't deemed safe enough? Sky sports and BBC report match postponed due to a frozen pitch? who informed them of that? EFL then come out and support them with no evidence provided? Neil and the team turn up at the ground yet no official matchday staff their so who inspected the area on behalf of the club?

Anyway plenty of information for me to send to the EFL, Police, and council. I have completed the draft 3 pages long and 20 odd pictures as evidence to forward to the EFL tomorrow.

Big thank you from me to you all who provided me with the pictures, tweets, and evidence. I promise I won't let it go lightly, will work hard to try and get answers, the truth, and some sort of recompense for those who made the journey today.

That’s how it looks yes. Disgraceful behaviour if true. I know we aren’t to fond of the Cardiff fans/management but you have to feel for them a little. All that expense just for Derby to call the game off because they basically didn’t fancy it. I can see a big compensation bill coming Derbys way and hopefully points deducted to. If you’re gonna use the excuse that the roads were far to dangerous for players and staff to get to the ground don’t then send a tweet out saying the club shop is open as usual. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It sets a very dangerous precedent if this goes through with no punishment I think, games should never be cancelled without good reason, and also without full agreement of both teams, police, Fa and HSE or whoever the body is.  There is no way any club should be able to call off a game on their own say so

Absolutely. Surely only the police, on public safety grounds, or the Referee, on footballing grounds, should be able to say that a game should not go ahead. 

I know some clubs (no names mentioned..!) have kind of “engineered” a postponement, by not doing as much as they could have to get a game on. (Especially against in form, high flying teams. Strange that..!)

But surely a club can’t just call a game off..?! If this is as dodgy as it sounds, then as you say, the FA must get involved and issue heavy repercussions, otherwise it sets a very bad president for other clubs not playing when it might not suit them. 

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It sets a very dangerous precedent if this goes through with no punishment I think, games should never be cancelled without good reason, and also without full agreement of both teams, police, Fa and HSE or whoever the body is.  There is no way any club should be able to call off a game on their own say so

Totally agree. If this goes unpunished and we’ve got a massive injury problem in the future then we might as well just make something up like the pitch is frozen or some Bo*****s and cancel the game. The away fans might complain about a frozen pitch in September however, but who cares.

I was talking with some Baadiff friends last night and they believe that Derby could only field half a side due to injuries etc hence the call off by using the "safety" for supporters on surrounding roads as an excuse .. 

As it was an early kick off a lot of them were already on way to Derby (as indeed we would have been) when the decision was taken.. ...

4 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

I was talking with some Baadiff friends last night and they believe that Derby could only field half a side due to injuries etc hence the call off by using the "safety" for supporters on surrounding roads as an excuse .. 

As it was an early kick off a lot of them were already on way to Derby (as indeed we would have been) when the decision was taken.. ...

It was called off late & Derby did have something of an injury crisis. 

I’m not sure that excuses your choice of friends though..!

If Derby have failed to fulfil the fixture then isn't it a case the the opposition are awarded the game with a 3-0 scoreline?

Would imagine the EFL would have to come down heavily on the club as well, imagine if a team were to avoid relegation by not conceding more than 3 goals- just call it off!

33 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Just to confirm, Derbyshire Police were involved in the discussions that led to the postponement - they just weren't responsible for the final decision.

That's how I read it, Derby were happy for the game to be called off so made the final decision rather than them wanting the game off and police forcing the game to be postponed. 

46 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Just to confirm, Derbyshire Police were involved in the discussions that led to the postponement - they just weren't responsible for the final decision.

Quote Derbyshire Constabulary....For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.....

I can see why the EFL are now investigating...I guess we will see!

Archived