Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

DavidNoble

Barnsley away (Merged)

Now a massive game (after looking like it could be a bit of a dud)

I hope we can take decent numbers up there to help get the much needed 3 points. 

I wasn’t going to bother, but certainly keen on trying to get to this one now. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Now a massive game (after looking like it could be a bit of a dud)

I hope we can take decent numbers up there to help get the much needed 3 points. 

I wasn’t going to bother, but certainly keen on trying to get to this one now. 

I suppose free/subsidised travel by the club isn't an option ? Would help increase numbers though....12th man and all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

I suppose free/subsidised travel by the club isn't an option ? Would help increase numbers though....12th man and all.

But this sort of initiative would cost us dosh, and only to make more dosh for Barnsley. Is that what we "do"?

Might make sense for a cup-tie where we get 40% of tickets.

I'll be there, never miss Barnsley away as it's a chance to catch up with old mates from that part of traffic world

And I agree that it's a big game for us now, must win almost

Edited by chipdawg

Barnsley fans don't think they will win another game. Check out their forum they are woeful apparently. Can't defend or score more than one goal. We have to go and beat them. 

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Barnsley fans don't think they will win another game. Check out their forum they are woeful apparently. Can't defend or score more than one goal. We have to go and beat them. 

Every chance they will. Our away form is woeful.

11 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Are you sure you were not reading our forum"...........?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Only time I went there in the past was the Sunday game we won up there a few years back, Wasn't going to bother but will be making the trip now

• Like 1

I think we took about 900 to Oldham on Good Friday when we were top of league one under Cotts, surely we can take over a thousand??

Ipswich bringing over a thousand to us on Saturday given the distance, and their position, puts our away support to shame really.

Come on lads, make the effort and get up there! COYR

• Like 1

Should be an attractive line-up as well. We should have an almost full strength squad for this one given the time off over the next weekend. Personally I would go for:

Fielding

Pisano Flint Wright Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith Bryan

Reid Djuric

Subs: Wollacott, Mags, O'Dowda, O'Neill, Walsh, Diedhiou, Paterson

I'd rest Diedhiou as he's not been brilliant in the last two matches, would reward Kelly for his excellent deputising and then play Bryan further up.  Going on recent injury updates I'd say COD will be on the bench.  Then I'd drop Paterson and send Diony and Kent off to the U23s for some training. Query Hegeler for Walsh or O'Neill to give a slightly more flexible bench.

Apparently Steele got a nasty one in training so would expect Wollacott to warm the bench again.

Edited by ExiledAjax

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Should be an attractive line-up as well. We should have an almost full strength squad for this one given the time off over the next weekend. Personally I would go for:

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Kelly

Brownhill Pack Smith Bryan

Reid Djuric

Subs: Wollacott, Mags, O'Dowda, O'Neill, Walsh, Diedhiou, Paterson

I'd rest Diedhiou as he's not been brilliant in the last two matches, would reward Kelly for his excellent deputising and then play Bryan further up.  Going on recent injury updates I'd say COD will be on the bench.  Then I'd drop Paterson and send Diony and Kent off to the U23s for some training. Query Hegeler for Walsh or O'Neill to give a slightly more flexible bench.

Apparently Steele got a nasty one in training so would expect Wollacott to warm the bench again.

Flint suspended 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packman said:

Flint suspended 

Is he still...Jesus three games is ages isn't it? Ha and I also totally forgot Wright. Baker and Wright at CB then.  Flint on the sofa.

Fixed it. Thanks.

Edited by ExiledAjax

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is he still...Jesus three games is ages isn't it? Ha and I also totally forgot Wright. Baker and Wright at CB then.  Flint on the sofa.

Yea hopefully flint will learn from his mistake, his disciplinary record is very good usually tho so we can forgive him this one. Hopefully he comes back well rested and firing. Apparently Magnussons injury isn’t to bad, thought he played well against Ipswich so he’s another option at cb!!

5 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The only time it is acceptable to say something in Barnsley is bloody lovely is when talking about a boozer :clapping:

Barnsley is like Baden Baden, compared to Crewe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The only time it is acceptable to say something in Barnsley is bloody lovely is when talking about a boozer :clapping:

You`ve obviously never tried one of the bacon barm cakes from the greasy spoon that used to be behind the home end. Bloody lovely they were.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You`ve obviously never tried one of the bacon barm cakes from the greasy spoon that used to be behind the home end. Bloody lovely they were.

“Barm cake” isn’t that just a roll, everywhere south of Birmingham..?!

Behind the old stand you will find your very own toilet in a separate cottage! Loved it. Outside that stand, on the other side of the street, their is an old astonishing brick building, a since long closed down school. Hopefully now carefully refurbished in to flats and will have a piss in the cottage. COYR

Edited by bristolcitysweden

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is indeed but calling it a barm cake makes it taste better somehow - more exotic!

Indeed. Always prefer an exotic bacon butty. 

Like I prefer exotic dances..! 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Barm cake” isn’t that just a roll, everywhere south of Birmingham..?!

When I started going out with my now wife (from Manchester) in 1996 the local council paid for a translator for me, there were so many words and phrases to learn. 

• Like 2