IGNORED

Barnsley away (Merged)

DavidNoble

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 19:51, daored said:

Why is it pathetic?

Easter weekend, so that will have an impact on numbers anyway, add in the issue of trains already mentioned on here , and it’s not bad numbers.

No not pathetic at all ,  all other clubs in the championship except Burton would take1000 +

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 13:11, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Even with night games they aren’t going to be back home gone midnight. Most of ours however we are lucky if we are home before 1 in the morning!! 

Good point pal , but works both ways  with visiting fans coming to Ashton Gate !

9 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

No not pathetic at all ,  all other clubs in the championship except Burton would take1000 +

Cardiff took 230 earlier on in the season. 

For the size of our club we have decent support, averaging 1.2k this season despite having limited allocation at Cardiff and having Fulham, Wolves, Preston and Bolton on a Tuesday night, all of which we'd have taken double on a Saturday 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Cardiff took 230 earlier on in the season. 

For the size of our club we have decent support, averaging 1.2k this season despite having limited allocation at Cardiff and having Fulham, Wolves, Preston and Bolton on a Tuesday night, all of which we'd have taken double on a Saturday 

Rest Assured if there match was on Friday they would take the 1700  , after all that's what they were taking to the Derby match  which was 12pm kick off and live on TV

1 minute ago, cityred exile said:

Rest Assured if there match was on Friday they would take the 1700  , after all that's what they were taking to the Derby match  which was 12pm kick off and live on TV

Derby was a game against a top 6 team, Cardiff would struggle to take 1000, they've only done it for a couple of games this season

24 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Suggest you check in the Barnsley prog  on Friday  If you can be bothered to go !

Maybe I misread your post, you seemed to suggest that every other club in the Championship (bar Burton) would take over 1000 to Barnsley if they were playing them on Friday?

Im saying that’s bollocks.

As for Friday, I’m working.

Is that ok?

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Maybe I misread your post, you seemed to suggest that every other club in the Championship (bar Burton) would take over 1000 to Barnsley if they were playing them on Friday?

Im saying that’s bollocks.

As for Friday, I’m working.

Is that ok?

No you read it correct  its a fat  not bollocks  Reckon you are a wind up merchant

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I think he meant if they were in our position, not that any of those 3 clubs would anyway.

Even then, like yourself, I still wouldn’t think they would. 

Some of Cardiff’s away followings this season have been awful and they’ve spent the whole season in the top 4.

When people refer to ‘our position’ they conveniently forget to say that our form has been pretty shit since Boxing Day and we haven’t won away in 4 months.  

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

We will take around 1,000 to this game, but factors have to be taken into consideration such as trains being shit. Easter weekend, is also a big factor 

14 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Good point pal , but works both ways  with visiting fans coming to Ashton Gate !

Bolton didn’t bring many, neither did Burton, Preston matched what we took there iirc. Same as Fulham and they had free travel. Tuesday night games we replicate the numbers bought here. 

Same as Saturdays imo. The problem is the other clubs have more games to boost away numbers than what we do. We have Reading which is always sold out and the London clubs. Cardiff will sell out but lower allocation. We can only compare away support to what is bought here and over a season I imagine it averages out that we take around the same away to the average we get at home.

17 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Derby was a game against a top 6 team, Cardiff would struggle to take 1000, they've only done it for a couple of games this season

Derby charged Cardiff £10 you clown. 

Their support is woeful, they had 100 more at Leeds on a Saturday 3pm than we did for the Sunday late Sky KO a week later. 

A few weeks before that, they had a game in Yorkshire on Sky (Wednesday away, 5:30pm Saturday) at cheaper prices than what we paid at Leeds and had 300 there.

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

Derby charged Cardiff £10 you clown. 

Their support is woeful, they had 100 more at Leeds on a Saturday 3pm than we did for the Sunday late Sky KO a week later. 

A few weeks before that, they had a game in Yorkshire on Sky (Wednesday away, 5:30pm Saturday) at cheaper prices than what we paid at Leeds and had 300 there.

I don't see why I'm a clown when you went on to agree with me? 

It does not matter how many go does it, for goodness sake. Every City supporter that goes to an away game is an absolute hero in my eyes. If it is 100 or 1000 at Oakwell they will all make the '12th man' then its down to the other 11, on the pitch, to keep our season bubbling.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why is it pathetic to take less than 1,500 to Barnsley at Easter? At how many away grounds have you watched City? You are obviously a ‘go to every away game’ type of person...

60 grounds and have only missed a few this season thanks for your concern.

Give over, some people are so precious about our support. If we take a good number somewhere you'd be the first to praise it, take the rough with the smooth and grow up.

40 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Give over, some people are so precious about our support. If we take a good number somewhere you'd be the first to praise it, take the rough with the smooth and grow up.

And you seem to spend your entire time on here incandescent with rage about it! Haven't you got more important things to get so wound up about?

The irony of you telling people to grow up haha.

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

It does not matter how many go does it, for goodness sake. Every City supporter that goes to an away game is an absolute hero in my eyes. If it is 100 or 1000 at Oakwell they will all make the '12th man' then its down to the other 11, on the pitch, to keep our season bubbling.

Totally agree. The obsession from some about how many we take (every game) is bizarre! Who on earth cares!

1 hour ago, BCFC J said:

I will grow old but never ‘up’ ! But thanks for your concern....it seems you are the one who is ‘precious’ about our support - you said taking less than 1,500 to Barnsley would be ‘pathetic’ - I don’t think that would be pathetic...it’s Easter and it’s a Bank Holiday...some people will undoubtedly think of better things to do than go to Barnsley FC...but fair play to the guys n gals who do make the trip...your posts seem a bit contradictory - you say less than 1,500 to an away game is ‘pathetic’ then you say we should ‘take the rough with the smooth’ regarding numbers we take to away games...confused?!

PS: I see you chose not to answer my question too...’why would taking less than 1,500 to Barnsley be ‘pathetic’ in your opinion’?

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I will grow old but never ‘up’ ! But thanks for your concern....it seems you are the one who is ‘precious’ about our support - you said taking less than 1,500 to Barnsley would be ‘pathetic’ - I don’t think that would be pathetic...it’s Easter and it’s a Bank Holiday...some people will undoubtedly think of better things to do than go to Barnsley FC...but fair play to the guys n gals who do make the trip...your posts seem a bit contradictory - you say less than 1,500 to an away game is ‘pathetic’ then you say we should ‘take the rough with the smooth’ regarding numbers we take to away games...confused?!

PS: I see you chose not to answer my question too...’why would taking less than 1,500 to Barnsley be ‘pathetic’ in your opinion’?

It's pathetic as we're in the best position the club has been in for the last 10 years on the pitch, the best position ever off it, we have 8(?) cup finals left and are well in the mix for a top six place yet can't even muster 1,500 for Barnsley.

By take the rough with the smooth I mean praise good followings if you're interested, but also comment on poor followings. 

Same as it's always been for City, our fans would flock to Reading or Villa in their droves if we were bottom of the Conference but we never travel well north. Not sure why people take it so personally, it's a fact.

What's the obsession with away support anyway? Who really cares that much to have arguments over it?

I remember being one of 300 odd at Chesterfield on a rainy Tuesday night in December and I loved the atmosphere and the togetherness on the cold wet open terrace. I've also been part of a flat, lifeless 4000 at Reading. It's not about numbers, it's what you make of the experience and the support you show for the team.

Archived