IGNORED

Next seasons Bristol Boys...

Negan

9 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Bryan,Baker, Flint, Reid & Brownhill probably be gone.

I think you'll find that as "possibly" one or two.

So since when has there been any remote suggestion by anyone at BCFC that they'll sell half the first team?

For this to happen either a) more money than God has to be offered or b) none of those mentioned are willing to play for BCFC again ........both as unlikely as each other.

It may be that JB goes due to the emergence of Lloyd Kelly and the fact that Joe has immediate Premiership potential but the others are very good Championship players who would likely be as expensive to replace as the amount they're sold for.

Bobby Reid has had one great season in the Championship but I'm not sure if he'd be a first choice striker in the Prem for any team other than us . But another season like this and he's gone.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

If Reid goes...who does anyone suggest to replace, that has that engine, rate of scoring, and triggers our pressing game so well?

I can't see anyone in the Championship that does the same. He is fundamental to the way we play imo.

He's the 'Trigger'...he shows the energy needed to everyone else around him.

Could see this sometime son ;-)

------------------------------------------------FF/Another------------------------------------------------

Pisano----------------------Vyner-----------------------------Baker--------------------------Kelly

Odowda-------------------Brownhill-----------------------Pack-----------------------------Pato

-----------------------------------------Reid------------------Duric-----------------------------------------

I’d always find a place for Korey Smith if I was the manager...

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Who knows mate...you'd have to try it in training to find out. Both have energy...but not as much as Reid imo.

I think Tammy Abraham had a massive influence on Bobby...although younger, he showed him how much extra effort is needed in games to make a difference and that extra step up.

Up until then, I think Bobby had a slight attitude of that he'd made it and done enough.

Just goes to show what can happen, when you get positive and influential people around you.

this is the first time I'm seen someone post this thought on Abraham influencing Reid and something ive thought all season too.

I would be more than happy if we offered Chelsea a big wedge of diony proposed fee for his services again next season, him djuric and bobby in behind would be awesome

22 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Unfortunately true it would seem, assuming anyone who wants them can afford our valuations. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that!!

Reid will definitely be snapped up by a Burnley. He really is a top drawer player at this level. Bryan will be gone too. Need to see how we reinvest that cash. 

14 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think you'll find that as "possibly" one or two.

So since when has there been any remote suggestion by anyone at BCFC that they'll sell half the first team?

For this to happen either a) more money than God has to be offered or b) none of those mentioned are willing to play for BCFC again ........both as unlikely as each other.

It may be that JB goes due to the emergence of Lloyd Kelly and the fact that Joe has immediate Premiership potential but the others are very good Championship players who would likely be as expensive to replace as the amount they're sold for.

Bobby Reid has had one great season in the Championship but I'm not sure if he'd be a first choice striker in the Prem for any team other than us . But another season like this and he's gone.

I think that Bryan, Flint and Reid will definitely be gone this summer. 

If Reid was going to stay he would have been looking at signing a new contract by now. He is amongst the top scorers in this division and whatever his fee it will be peanuts to a Premier League club and worth a punt, even if he gets stuck on the bench and rots like Scott Sinclair did at Man City.

Others that could be gone are Smith and Pack.

I think O'Neil could be released in the summer too.

If we reach the playoffs and go up it might be a different story, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't a lot of movement in the summer following our TV and Cup exploits this year.

8 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

If Reid was going to stay he would have been looking at signing a new contract by now. He is amongst the top scorers in this division and whatever his fee it will be peanuts to a Premier League club and worth a punt, even if he gets stuck on the bench and rots like Scott Sinclair did at Man City.

If we reach the playoffs and go up it might be a different story, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't a lot of movement in the summer following our TV and Cup exploits this year.

I'm actually starting to get worried about BR's contract and that he might leave on a free/bosman. Do we have an extra year option in his contract, and if we do, does he have to agree to it being triggered?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm actually starting to get worried about BR's contract and that he might leave on a free/bosman. Do we have an extra year option in his contract, and if we do, does he have to agree to it being triggered?

There is an extra year option.  It quite sure how it gets triggered? 

Pretty sure he would have played enough games. 

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bobby going after this season would be bad.

Bobby going for free would be a disaster.

Surely we can up his wages enough between now & the end of the season to encourage to sign a new contract. You would hope that as a City fan, he can see the importance of us getting a fee for him after all this time of supporting him through from the academy.

9 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Bobby going after this season would be bad.

Bobby going for free would be a disaster.

Surely we can up his wages enough between now & the end of the season to encourage to sign a new contract. You would hope that as a City fan, he can see the importance of us getting a fee for him after all this time of supporting him through from the academy.

Not sure if it's even likely, but I'd thought with such a short time left on his contract we'd be trying to reward the divisions joint top goalscorer with a massive new contract befitting his role in the side.

Would be an unbelievable loss.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I don't quite see how one relatively good season ( as it stands) in the Championship equals selling half our first team. Fair enough if we were Barnsley etc who have needed to sell to exist in the past but we are a well supported club with good facilities, a large passionate fan base and a stable ownership.We don't pay peanuts and the players seem happy to play for BCFC.

It's almost guaranteed that some will depart with the right offers/opportunities but half the team?? and none of whom are OOC? Granted that Bobby is not contracted for the long term but we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or whether he wants to leave.

As I read it on this thread- the players most likely to leave are Reid, Brownhill, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Baker and Flint( just signed an extension to his extension). I feel sorry for Fammy, Wright, Fielding and Pisano/Maggs who have been left out.

Players come and players go but nothing Steve Lansdown has ever done would suggest he would sanction a mass exodus of all our top players in one window.Having said that, if all the offers come in are from Prem clubs and between £5-£10 million or more then who knows. Losing the entire core of our team may take us back three seasons and I can't see him allowing this.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't quite see how one relatively good season ( as it stands) in the Championship equals selling half our first team. Fair enough if we were Barnsley etc who have needed to sell to exist in the past but we are a well supported club with good facilities, a large passionate fan base and a stable ownership.We don't pay peanuts and the players seem happy to play for BCFC.

It's almost guaranteed that some will depart with the right offers/opportunities but half the team?? and none of whom are OOC? Granted that Bobby is not contracted for the long term but we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes or whether he wants to leave.

As I read it on this thread- the players most likely to leave are Reid, Brownhill, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Baker and Flint( just signed an extension to his extension). I feel sorry for Fammy, Wright, Fielding and Pisano/Maggs who have been left out.

Players come and players go but nothing Steve Lansdown has ever done would suggest he would sanction a mass exodus of all our top players in one window.Having said that, if all the offers come in are from Prem clubs and between £5-£10 million or more then who knows. Losing the entire core of our team may take us back three seasons and I can't see him allowing this.

If a player wants ' out ' there is little point in a club persisting with him .

My gut feeling is that several of our first teamers from the double winning squad will want to move on to new challenges if we don't go up .

Players who have given their all and are now coming into their peaks are also the type that the club would be ' happy ' to sell as the transfer fees are likely to be at their highest, which , indeed , is the avowed policy of the club.

We will see some exciting changes to the team next season whatever League we find ourselves in .

Teams evolve all the time and the advantage that we now have is a dedicated recruitment team and a professional academy and development operation which means that we're not scraping about at the last moment trying to bring players in .

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If a player wants ' out ' there is little point in a club persisting with him .

My gut feeling is that several of our first teamers from the double winning squad will want to move on to new challenges if we don't go up .

Players who have given their all and are now coming into their peaks are also the type that the club would be ' happy ' to sell as the transfer fees are likely to be at their highest, which , indeed , is the avowed policy of the club.

We will see some exciting changes to the team next season whatever League we find ourselves in .

Teams evolve all the time and the advantage that we now have is a dedicated recruitment team and a professional academy and development operation which means that we're not scraping about at the last moment trying to bring players in .

I didn't find that remotely funny in fact.... I found it quite serious.

Are you ok, Major? ;)

On 3/18/2018 at 10:46, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt it - if it happened though it would give us an enormous amount of money.

I think any or all of Reid, Bryan and Flint will get bids. Possibly Pack and Smith too.

Yes, it would. and based on past experience they'll spend it on over priced players that either never start or are sh!t

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

There is an extra year option.  It quite sure how it gets triggered? 

Pretty sure he would have played enough games. 

In most cases an additional term option (typically a year) is agreed at the outset / signing of the contract.  The terms of the contract extension option will be set.  City have the option to offer the player those terms or not.  If they do, then the contract us extended.  If they don’t, then they either try to negotiate something else or player becomes a Free-Agent in the summer.

For example....wages made-up figures

When Reid signed his contract in summer 2016, it was a 2-year Deal, with a 1-year extension option.  This allowed City a bit of protection should Reid "finally" achieve that potential, whilst not tying City into 3 years should he not.  From Reid’s point of view, its probably loaded more in City’s favour, but as long as he wasn’t greedy, might have given him a 3rd year with terms agreed when otherwise he might not have.

So let’s say Bobby agreed £3k per week for 2 years.  The terms of the 1-year option would be agreed at that point, let’s say (bearing in mind he was 23 when the deal was signed and 25 when the option would need to be exercised) the option was at £5k per week.

Some scenarios:

1. Reid never fulfils his promise - City do not take up option and do not offer Reid the agreed £5k 3rd year.  Reid becomes a free agent in the summer.  No development compensation, he’s too old.
  2. Reid does ok(ish), plays a reasonable amount in the 2 seasons and City still see him as a decent squad member - City take up option and offer Reid his agreed £5k per week.  Reid is now contracted to City until summer 2019.  This also means if City think he has a transfer value of >£250k (£5k x 52 weeks-ish), So want him under contract in case clubs are sniffing around.  This is the scenario that many posters on here fail to understand, and why you don’t "just get rid of" where player has some transfer value
  3. Reid gets moved to striker, scores 20 goals - City take up option and therefore Reid is contracted to next summer.  In this scenario City have done very well.  But also only giving Reid £5k when a host of clubs might be sniffing around will make it easy for them to offer double, triple, quadruple, etc his City deal and "turn his head"

those are 3 very simple scenarios.

However if it were me, I’d be really worried that in scenario 3 that we’d lose him if all we did was offer the option of £5k.  So whereas the deal was most likely loaded in City’s favour, if Reid really does outperform expectation as he has this season, suddenly Reid holds the aces.  Suddenly Mark Ashton has a job to do....and I think he needs to offer Reid something up there with our highest earners.  I don’t think you can get away with offering £5k until summer 2019.  You have to offer £15-20k on a 3 If 4 year deal.  Reid’s performances gave earned him that.  City have had him on the cheap (you might argue not!!) up against his age group peers at the club.  Now the shoe (golden boot) is on the other foot.

Bobby - you deserve it.  You’ve been ‘effin’ brilliant this season.

Hope the above makes sense.

This is why this contract negotiation is taking time.

Archived