IGNORED

Wind up merchants on here

AshtonPark

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

There are around 10-12 posters on here whose posts I always read because it's possible to have a decent exchange of views with them.

Intriguing. I think you’re being a bit of a tease, Robbo. Are you going to tell us who’s on your approved list? Go on, sprinkle a few names around.

5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Intriguing. I think you’re being a bit of a tease, Robbo. Are you going to tell us who’s on your approved list? Go on, sprinkle a few names around.

Most of the long standing posters are on my 'preferred reading' list. Guys and gals that have been on here a long while.

BigTone obviously.......:wub:

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The ones that get me are the people who think their view on a subject is so worthy of attention that they have to start a fresh thread on it despite there being numerous others already. It was particularly annoying last season - how many different `LJ out` threads did people think we needed?

I found it so much more convenient (after they were proved wrong and unnecessarily insulting) to identify them and wind them up.

I'm still working through the list.

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

You must be ahead of me in the pecking order. I don’t think I’ve got enough years of service in yet.

You don't post enough Cliff and when you do I read what you have to say despite the fact I often find them long winded. You could make your point far more succinctly if you knew how.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You don't post enough Cliff and when you do I read what you have to say despite the fact I often find them long winded. You could make your point far more succinctly if you knew how.

So you like a "Condensed Version" and @BigTone.....double love-in. :whistle:

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The ones that get me are the people who think their view on a subject is so worthy of attention that they have to start a fresh thread on it despite there being numerous others already. It was particularly annoying last season - how many different `LJ out` threads did people think we needed?

That's my biggest bugbear on the whole forum. There's a handful of posters who not only do that, but rehash their own threads every week or so.

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not too patronising, then.

FWIW, @CliftonCliff, I enjoy your longer, considered posts and very often agree with them. But I've been on here for less than 15 years and only post when I have something to say, so my opinion counts for very little.

Of course you would have a much higher post count if you just argued black is white at every opportunity. I'm sure you'd be much more highly regarded by those who matter in that case.

6 minutes ago, lager loud said:

FWIW, @CliftonCliff, I enjoy your longer, considered posts

LL - Cliff is well aware that I agree with his posts most of the time. He is also aware that I think he's too over inclusive and long winded. He and I exchanged views about it some time ago. 

Its no big deal.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

I've noticed that as well. In fact two were so illiterate with weak attempts at being controversial that I  put them both on ignore.

There are around 10-12 posters on here whose posts I always read because it's possible to have a decent exchange of views with them.

Am I one ?!:blink:

2 hours ago, lager loud said:

FWIW, @CliftonCliff, I enjoy your longer, considered posts and very often agree with them. But I've been on here for less than 15 years and only post when I have something to say, so my opinion counts for very little.

Of course you would have a much higher post count if you just argued black is white at every opportunity. I'm sure you'd be much more highly regarded by those who matter in that case.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. And thanks also for saving me the trouble of responding directly to RR. You did it better than I probably would have - and more briefly, too, I dare say. That succinct enough for you Robbo?

3 hours ago, lager loud said:

Oh go on.....mention his name.

You know you want to

Archived