IGNORED

Season Ticket - Seat Move - Question, are we being shafted even more??

Wilksi

I'm not sure if this has been asked/covered elsewhere but I cant see an obvious answer.

At this moment in time I'm not going to renew my seats. But I was looking online at prices and positions etc. and wanted to ask a question.

"IF" I wanted to renew then move seats, I have to pay the full amount up front and get a rebate later? Is this right?

Once done I only have 8 hours with the rest of the ground to ring up and move seats? Is this right? How long does the rebate take to come through?

I have to pay £25 per ticket for the privilege of this? Is this right?

Regardless of the travesty that has already happened this winter/spring with the season ticket fiasico, this seems like a complete fukyou to the fans. Especially if you sit in the areas affected most by this price hike.

4 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked/covered elsewhere but I cant see an obvious answer.

At this moment in time I'm not going to renew my seats. But I was looking online at prices and positions etc. and wanted to ask a question.

"IF" I wanted to renew then move seats, I have to pay the full amount up front and get a rebate later? Is this right?

Once done I only have 8 hours with the rest of the ground to ring up and move seats? Is this right? How long does the rebate take to come through?

Regardless of the travesty that has already happened this winter/spring with the season ticket fiasico, this seems like a complete fukyou to the fans. Especially if you sit in the areas affected most by this price hike.

I think it's fair that you should pay full price and get a rebate. We are after all being invited to renew our own seat at this point and it would be a logistical nightmare to try to move people during a renewal period with the amount of uncertainty. The 8 hour window is very poor.

The £25 I know of only for the finance admin charge. It would be an absolute liberty if the club are charging administration for seat movements given they are engineering seat movements.

1 hour ago, Wilksi said:

Why would you renew seats, if you want to move to other ones anyway..?

26 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm going to be 65 at the beginning of August and I've just found out I won't be eligible for the over 65 SC concession, even though i'll be 65 for the whole season!

The club really are going hard for first prize in the Foot Shooting contest.

The rule is your age on 1st August I believe. There has to be a rule and it’s the same for everyone. 

49 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

Right.. Just spoke to the club. They are now saying you can renew and move seats at the same time if you do it over the phone now. No need to wait until the deadline. That is better.

You can move to a seat not occupied by a season ticket holder now.

However, if you want one of the prime seats currently occupied by the 5,000 ST holders who have announced on here they are not renewing, you need to wait until March 29...whereupon you may well find they had a change of heart and quietly renewed anyway.

At least that is what I am hoping so we have another fantastic level of support for the team despite the huge cock up in pricing strategy by the club. COYR.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Why isn't the rule dictated by the season start date?

The difference for me, who will at that point be 'a pensioner' is over 100 quid.

But if you were younger it might save you money. Swings & roundabouts. 

They have a cut off date which will be good for some and not for others, but it is what it is. 

Would someone go through this slowly for me!

I have seats in the Lansdown which are now more expensive than I want to spend. Ideally I'd move us to good seats in the Dolman wing which are a couple of categories cheaper. So I think I need to wait until the period where season tickets are reserved for their existing holder to see what's available. If nothing good is available though, I'm willing to suck up the price hike and stay where we are... And I don't want to risk losing those seats until I've made up my mind! What should I do?

Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I have seats in the Lansdown which are now more expensive than I want to spend. Ideally I'd move us to good seats in the Dolman wing which are a couple of categories cheaper. So I think I need to wait until the period where season tickets are reserved for their existing holder to see what's available. If nothing good is available though, I'm willing to suck up the price hike and stay where we are... And I don't want to risk losing those seats until I've made up my mind! What should I do?

Thank you!

I’m pretty sure you can buy any seats that aren’t currently reserved by existing season ticket holders. 

So, if you look at what’s available in your preferred location, you just buy those. 

2 hours ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Thank you!

You can do it now.......if you can find any seats that suit. 

Quite a few decent seats in the Dolman wings should become available on moving day.

Archived