IGNORED

Milan Djuric the return of the Beast from the East

Maldini

Can't seem to find the thread congratulating Djuric on his return from injury and winner on Saturday.

So here it is - Well done Milan. Looks like we have our Plan B when teams sit deep, and we need to be more direct.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but I love how dominant he's been so far in the air. Hes not the quickest, but at only 70% percent fit he's only going to get stronger and faster. He could be the difference in the run in.

What surprises me is his strength. Looks quite a skinny lad but he holds off the defenders with ease.

Personally I’d like to see him have a run in the side with Bobby and as we have an international break coming up, it gives him another chance to get fully fit.

We need warriors and Milan is just that.

Thought he looked different in some ways Saturday and a great return performance.

I'm just wondering if we've ever seen a fit Milan until now.  Perhaps he's been carrying a niggling injury and now after touring the hospitals of Europe its finally resolved and he can concentrate properly on his game.  Perhaps Matty T is in the same category.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

What surprises me is his strength. Looks quite a skinny lad but he holds off the defenders with ease.

You've been warped by watching Tomlin. Skinny he isn't.  A career on the doors in central Bristol is available if he doesn't make it at the club! 

I'd agree that if he scores, he's first choice next to Bob. Bit of genuine competition in the "big man" role for Fammy. 

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You've been warped by watching Tomlin. Skinny he isn't.  A career on the doors in central Bristol is available if he doesn't make it at the club! 

I'd agree that if he scores, he's first choice next to Bob. Bit of genuine competition in the "big man" role for Fammy. 

He is pretty skinny, but that's normal for someone of his height and build - he's pretty much an ectomorph. He's probably fairly strong though and would be able to match most centre halves.

Completely changed the game Saturday, what I liked was that he wasn’t just there for the long ball, he closed down and chased back also! 

And he bullies defenders! When their CB towards the end, (Webster I think..?) started giving abuse to a fan/bsllboy ( didn’t see who..) Milan gave him an absolute tirade of abuse for it! Literally kept going for a good few minutes! Next time Frankie kicked it long Webster has literally ran away giving him a free header! 

Think he will be a completely different player if he can stay fit pre season 

51 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Missed an absolute sitter. Should have cooly slotted that in. Great header though. 

Pretty sure the keeper got something on that shot that dipped over 

Hindsight is a great thing.

Should Milan have put it under the keeper instead?

My view from S22 row25 was that as keeper came flying towards the ball, it was at the top of a bounce. If Milan had delayed even a split second to wait for the ball to drop low enough to slide it under the keeper, the keeper would have smothered the ball.

IMO, Duric just got a little bit too much on it. Very fine margins decide things at the speed that games are played at.

It's good to see him back to help the cause. It will be interesting to see the contest next season between two fully fit strikers, Diedhiou and Duric.

If he was fully fit and available, would have banked on him scoring similar winning goals in the Burton game, and salvaging something from the Cardiff game.

Could hit a useful 3 or 4 goals between now and the end of the season.

Also, love the thread title!

I would like to see him and Reid- somehow could see them complimenting other really well as a pair. Better than Diedhiou and Reid IMO- not individually necessarily, but stylistically.

A fully fit, injury free Djuric, would be a nightmare for any defence if utilised correctly I'd think. (Ideally, I think the Paterson behind Reid fluency etc, could be for the best but this is a very good Plan B).

Milan has the skills you need for the ‘big front man’ role plus loads of desire and high work rate. 

If he can stay fit, a real asset.

Reminds me a bit of Flinty in his application and attitude and if we can’t have a team full of Flinty’s, a fit Milan will be a pick for me.

If you listen to LJs interviews over this season he's made references to having 'options' particularly from the bench. We've seen him put Flint up top in some games just to give a different physical presence and he must be as delighted as we are with having Djuric available again.

"another club in the bag' as he says.

47 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I can... How tall is he? 6'5" ?

I am 6'2 1/2", lets not forget the half, and i weigh 92kg and I am not a fatty.

lucky you.

I'm just short fat and ugly.

last time I stood on the scales it said one at a time please.

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I can... How tall is he? 6'5" ?

I am 6'2 1/2", lets not forget the half, and i weigh 92kg and I am not a fatty.

Don't think anyone is calling Djuric a fatty,  he's just not my definition of "skinny".

Muscle weighs more than fat, so beefy, muscular players like Djuric will weigh more than tall weeds like me. 

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Don't think anyone is calling Djuric a fatty,  he's just not my definition of "skinny".

Muscle weighs more than fat, so beefy, muscular players like Djuric will weigh more than tall weeds like me. 

Beefy and muscular?! Unless you’re built like Mo Farah, Djuric looks slender with long limbs rather than powerfully built.

8CE46E61-264E-4BEA-8BA0-6877C61B0E28.jpeg

Archived