IGNORED

What does under 25 year old think about OTIB?

bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You brazen hussy, I get it now .

The comedic impact may have dissipated a smidge  since this saga started but nice try anyway .

;)

Had you still been  sprite of mind you may have got it.

I can't help but feel how the Vicar of Dibley felt in the epilogue of each episode.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:35, Furious Custard said:

The initial question about how the site can be more appealing to the next generation of fans still stands. Does the general user base even want more of the younger generation getting involved out of fear of it ending up like the facebook page ?

Not really relevant as the format is far removed from that of Facebook and is unlikely to change due to an influx of younger posters. The forum works fine as it is for young and old IMO.

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They do say that if you have to explain a joke then it isn't funny .

I don't necessarily adhere to the idea . 

Funny you should say that Major

I have always pitched my humor at  5 ft 8 inch  high

found out the reason my wife never laughs at my jokes the other day

she is only 5 ft 2 inch

and as she says that has gone over my head.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

They do say that if you have to explain a joke then it isn't funny .

I don't necessarily adhere to the idea . 

And you'd be quite right. The likes of you and I are far too intelligent to miss embedded humour- I mean, just imagine having to have humour explained- it's unthinkable and strictly reserved for those too young to know any different and those too old to notice.

On 24/03/2018 at 19:43, MarcusX said:

I’m 30 so at the late end of the generation that have had mobiles most their life, and I’ll never understand this. Music concerts as well do my head in stood behind someone and have a phone waved in front of you - just live and enjoy the moment!

Trying to explain it in the condensed manner (not that I subscribe to this) but posting an interesting video etc. on Facebook/Twitter is going to gather a lot of comments and more importantly likes - it’s been proven that receiving a like releases dopamine, the same chemical that has us become addicted to cigarettes, alcohol et al.

Will add I’m 23, been on here a few years.

Mostly here for the puns tbh. OTIB has some great lighthearted humour and the actual discussions about the football always get way too catty for my liking.

Think some of the older boys need to grow up ;) 

Jk

15 hours ago, reddoh said:

Funny you should say that Major

I have always pitched my humor at  5 ft 8 inch  high

found out the reason my wife never laughs at my jokes the other day

she is only 5 ft 2 inch

and as she says that has gone over my head.

Mrs Robbo is 5ft 0 - or as I prefer to think of it "fun sized".

Back on topic: I doubt if I was under 25, I'd be able to afford many football games these days.  Which is a crying shame.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Back on topic: I doubt if I was under 25, I'd be able to afford many football games these days.  Which is a crying shame.

I can never quite get the idea of calling minuscule chocolate bars " fun size " , surely " fun size " would be a stonking gert big 'un .

The truer, though less commercial name would be ' unsatisfactory ' size . 

:yes:

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I can never quite get the idea of calling minuscule chocolate bars " fun size " , surely " fun size " would be a stonking gert big 'un .

The truer, though less commercial name would be ' unsatisfactory ' size . 

:yes:

Maybe the fun comes in seeing how disappointed your kids are when you present them said size chocky?  

On 3/24/2018 at 21:28, Negan said:

I’m 25. I’ve been reading OTIB for god knows how long, not even sure how long I’ve been a member for. I agree with Furious Custard. Most times when I start to read a thread, if it’s got about 30+ comments on it I don’t tend to comment because it’s usually been taken away from the original post by the same old users spouting the same old jokes. Puns kill threads on here and it happens far to much. I won’t lie I mainly use this site for the transfer rumours during the summer and January window, sometimes you’ll get genuine rumours on here and it’s good to stay in the know, but twitter breaks 90% of our rumours now so coming on here to read about it and see people’s opinions is genuinely, I feel, the best part about this forum. 

Well said, hate the puns or when threads are hijacked by people trying to be funny/have personal conversations with each other that's completely off topic.

I am 21 and I think the grammar used (or lack of it) in the topic title is horrendous. 

In all seriousness, I started paying attention to otib when I first got a season ticket 5 years ago, even if I didn't really log on much for 3 years when I started university as I could no longer attend games during term time to be able to voice an opinion. However studying in Spain for a year with BCTV means I am now fully back and stuck in. 

I enjoy the analysis of the games that different people put forward, statistical breakdowns we see now and again that a lot of members put time into and also the threads where you can actually have a proper friendly and reasonable debate and to put your opinions forward in a respectable way which some people on here don't seem to be able to grasp. 

What annoys me now as mentioned before are the same people ruining threads by posting comments which are just fishing for a reaction from the same otib crowd who take the bait. Seems ironic that there are comments on this thread from them explaining that they can see who the immature posters are. Some people must have very dull lives. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This tbh.

This is one of my only pet hates on the forum. Having said that, I feel it's a lot less prevalent than it once was.

You could even credit people with self pun regulation.

There are many ' in ' jokes that get done to death as well but what the hey ? 

Not every one is wired up the same way , live and let live .

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

5ft 3 here. As a woman whom is also "vertically challenged", I'm sure she, like myself, would prefer the term 'pocket rocket'.

Coz we little ladies may be small in stature but have hearts like lions. We'll take on anyone. Like Jack Russells we are. 

Archived