IGNORED

The Yellow Tape Incident

Super

Smith saying he won't stand down. That means he' should be sacked by cricket Australia. They won't tolerate a cheat as captain. Its against the laws and the spirit of the game. 

This absolutely  shocking behaviour adds to chaotic and unacceptable behaviour already seen in this series. Surely Smiths position is untenable.

Benaud rant

I think Richie might be preparing one of these from upstairs............

Now Australia is awake most people are starting to get worked up other this. I agree with @Robbored that he should go, but the lack of a suitable replacement will probably save him. 

One match (at least) bans for all please.

(And don't get me start on the sooking about the behaviour of the SA fans. It's ok when it happens here (http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/23778598) but don't you dare have a go at our brave boys!!!)

10 hours ago, BS5_RED said:

Benaud rant

I think Richie might be preparing one of these from upstairs............

Now Australia is awake most people are starting to get worked up other this. I agree with @Robbored that he should go, but the lack of a suitable replacement will probably save him. 

One match (at least) bans for all please.

(And don't get me start on the sooking about the behaviour of the SA fans. It's ok when it happens here (http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/23778598) but don't you dare have a go at our brave boys!!!)

Typical Aussies.  Give it out but can't take it.  Chuck abuse around but when it comes their way they whinge about it. The myth of the tough Australian is just that - a myth.

NO, I don’t think they should stop the test, the show goes on and players are trying to alter the ball all the time. Let South Sfrica beat them on the pitch.

But, what the hell were they thinking? There’s something strange going on, I can’t believe senior players agreed to this unless they’d all been smoking something. It really is bazaar. 

So is the fact Warner and Leihman are complaining about sledging going too far. WHAT?? 

Theres something about Bancroft I haven’t liked for a while and hope he doesn’t come to Somerset. I’m sure he’ll only get a small punishment and then carry on but I’m not keen on him joining the illustrious list of great overseas players Somerset have had.

9 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

NO, I don’t think they should stop the test, the show goes on and players are trying to alter the ball all the time. Let South Sfrica beat them on the pitch.

But, what the hell were they thinking? There’s something strange going on, I can’t believe senior players agreed to this unless they’d all been smoking something. It really is bazaar. 

So is the fact Warner and Leihman are complaining about sledging going too far. WHAT?? 

Theres something about Bancroft I haven’t liked for a while and hope he doesn’t come to Somerset. I’m sure he’ll only get a small punishment and then carry on but I’m not keen on him joining the illustrious list of great overseas players Somerset have had.

I don't disagree with you about Bancroft but there's something I've never understood about sports fans wanting players to carry on playing but not at their club. I even do this myself, I certainly don't think he should be chucked out of the sport but I'm a bit uncomfortable with him playing for us. Hopefully it'll be a positive experience for him and Somerset will be able to play a role in his rehabilitation if the move goes ahead.

49 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Typical Aussies.  Give it out but can't take it.  Chuck abuse around but when it comes their way they whinge about it. The myth of the tough Australian is just that - a myth.

This test series in SA has been rife with on/off the field conflict. The tunnel incident, the Rabada furore, the Aussies whinging about the SA crowd - ffs.......:facepalm:

Lehmann and Smith are simply unsuitable for leadership. 

They're both dead men walking if Cricket Australia have got any balls. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

The ICC have gotten tough and given Smith a one match ban and a fine. That'll learn him.

Ball-tampering row: Australia captain Steve Smith banned for one Test and fined - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43531491

Weak from the ICC as usual. Hopefully that'll  give Cricket Australia license to sack him. 

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I don't disagree with you about Bancroft but there's something I've never understood about sports fans wanting players to carry on playing but not at their club. I even do this myself, I certainly don't think he should be chucked out of the sport but I'm a bit uncomfortable with him playing for us. Hopefully it'll be a positive experience for him and Somerset will be able to play a role in his rehabilitation if the move goes ahead.

I think in this case it’s a case of do Somerset want to take on a potential problem. When Craig Overton stepped over the line and was punished, although deeply disappointed in him, I didn’t think once about him not playing for Somerset again once he’d served his ban. He was ours, one of our own and it was up to us to point him in the right direction, which the club have obviously done.

Bancroft is a very average Australian batsman and part of me is thinking it’s not worth the bother.

However, I’m sure he will come and I guess if he gets a hatful of runs, it’ll soon be forgotten. Big “if” though.

Given the level of deceit, the umpires having called Bancroft over and asked him to empty his pockets and he lied to them producing only a sunglasses sac and given that a video has appeared from January showing Bancroft pouring sugar into his pocket in a test match against England, the ICC are an absolute joke.

Hopefully this will not end here.

Cheating bastards.

24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Given the level of deceit, the umpires having called Bancroft over and asked him to empty his pockets and he lied to them producing only a sunglasses sac and given that a video has appeared from January showing Bancroft pouring sugar into his pocket in a test match against England, the ICC are an absolute joke.

Hopefully this will not end here.

Cheating bastards.

It won't end here for sure. Smith and Australia's integrity is in tatters, even their PM spoke about it , expressing his shock and disappointment.

No way will Smith survive as captain and Lehmanns position is surely untenable. Lehmann who whinged about the SA crowd but had wound up the Aussie crowd to give it to Broad after Broad hadn't walked. 

Hyprocacy of the highest order.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It won't end here for sure. Smith and Australia's integrity is in tatters, even their PM spoke about it , expressing his shock and disappointment.

No way will Smith survive as captain and Lehmanns position is surely untenable. Lehmann who whinged about the SA crowd but had wound up the Aussie crowd to give it to Broad after Broad hadn't walked. 

Hyprocacy of the highest order.

It is also being reported that Lehmann radioed the 12 th man to pre warn Bancroft that a video had appeared on the TV feed and that the umpires were going to be told what had happened, Bancroft then took the tape from his pocket and hid it in his skiddies and pretended to the umpires that he only had the the sunglasses sac.

Lehmann has to be sacked, Smith banned from international cricket for 12 months, he claimed on TV that this was the first and only time, yeah right more like the first time the cheating bastards have actually been caught, it looks as though Bancroft was doing it against England, all 3 of them have more questions to answer and the ICC has to be strong and make sure that the expected Aussie bullshit excuses are plausible/honest, Bancroft carried out the act and should be banned from international for at least a year as well.

This is an extract from a really good article on the subject in the old current bun today.

As Smith and his vulgar sidekick David Warner stood down as captain and vice-captain from the Cape Town Test.
These are men who have presided over perhaps the most revolting, personal and sustained abuse of opponents cricket has known.

Race, religion, sexuality - nothing seems off limits for some Australian players.And yet, at the first sign of a retort, they cry foul and attempt to claim the moral high-ground by insisting they don’t cross a ‘line’ of their own invention.

It is sanctimonious and hypocritical.

This unedifying culture has become ingrained in the Australian dressing-room and makes them the most loathed team in international cricket.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5896266/australias-cheat-shame-is-the-tipping-point-for-most-loathed-team-in-world-cricket/

I think lifetime bans would be harsh, its happened before and there hasn't been the same punishment. I think 2 year international bans and a ban for the next domestic season (with a very severe fine) would send a clear message. 2 years would see both of them would lose a big chunk of the rest of their international careers which if anything is a much bigger punishment to them.

11 hours ago, hodge said:

I think lifetime bans would be harsh, its happened before and there hasn't been the same punishment. I think 2 year international bans and a ban for the next domestic season (with a very severe fine) would send a clear message. 2 years would see both of them would lose a big chunk of the rest of their international careers which if anything is a much bigger punishment to them.

I think the difference this time is a). They were caught absolutely bang to rights. b). The level of admitted planning. C). The level of deceit over the whole incident. d). The likelihood that this team has regularly employed this level of cheating and e). The new and sometimes disgusting level that this group has taken sledging to.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think the difference this time is a). They were caught absolutely bang to rights. b). The level of admitted planning. C). The level of deceit over the whole incident. d). The likelihood that this team has regularly employed this level of cheating and e). The new and sometimes disgusting level that this group has taken sledging to.

This bunch of Aussie cricketers, Lehmann including have prided themselves of playing cricket in an aggressive manner. Now , I don't have a problem with cricket being played on the front foot, going for shots and with quick hostile bowling but they've taken that philosophy way too far. 

Its now spread onto the pitch. Personalised sledging, some of it homophobic and other crude verbal abuse of an OTT level.

Sledging happens at all levels of cricket but this lot have no awareness as to what is amusing and what is insulting.

Other test playing nations hate them because of it and because of the double standards they employ. Lehmann whinging about the SA crowds.....jeez...........:facepalm:  Aussie players confronting the opposition in the players tunnel. 

They seem like an unruly bunch  who are leaderless.Smith might be the current best batsman in the world but is out of his depth as a leader of men and who appointed Wagner as vice captain............:disapointed2se:

As an Englishman I'm delighted to see them in so much shit but saddened for the way they have abused the spirit of the game.

Archived