IGNORED

The Yellow Tape Incident

Super

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye same. Besides the excitement of t20 and 50 overs which I enjoy . Test cricket is my favourite. 

I first got into Cricket by watching tests matches on tv when the BBC had the rights.Its cricket at the ultimate level and not called a test for no reason.

The Aussie cheating saga hasn't soured  test match cricket for me but it has left a bad taste when I think they cheated in the recent Ashes series............:disapointed2se:

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I first got into Cricket by watching tests matches on tv when the BBC had the rights.Its cricket at the ultimate level and not called a test for no reason.

The Aussie cheating saga hasn't soured  test match cricket for me but it has left a bad taste when I think they cheated in the recent Ashes series............:disapointed2se:

Thats the thing . I really don’t mind the Aussies. In all sport and walks of life . Just a nation I respect. And have sympathy for the people innocent people affected by this . But this cricket team over the last couple of years. I don’t like. And this latest scandal doesn’t surprise me . And cock Warner at the front of the cue . I’m glad they got caught. But I think there is more to come 

Smith & Warner given 12 month bans & Bancroft a 9 month ban by Cricket Australia according to the associated press!

But do these bans stand for all cricket or is it just cricket in Australia or involving the Australian cricket board? Will they still be allowed to play in the IPL for example?

If the ban is worldwide, great, if it’s just Australian, pointless, as they’ll still be able to play & earn abroad....

22 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Smith & Warner given 12 month bans & Bancroft a 9 month ban by Cricket Australia according to the associated press!

But do these bans stand for all cricket or is it just cricket in Australia or involving the Australian cricket board? Will they still be allowed to play in the IPL for example?

If the ban is worldwide, great, if it’s just Australian, pointless, as they’ll still be able to play & earn abroad....

Back for the ashes next summer! might be lively!

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

At Somerset.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Back for the ashes next summer! might be lively!

By that time it’ll be a blanket ban on sledging etc so nothing will be allowed to be said to any of them & they’ll get away scot free, falls into their hands again!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

At Somerset.

They shouldn’t be allowed to play anywhere. It’s like this headline of them all being sent home yesterday, they are banned for the final test anyway, no need for them to be there in SA anyway.

They’ll go back to Australia & the disappear on family holidays anyway, just to get away from all the press & grief, they won’t give a shit, it’ll just help them make more money when they sell their stories! It really isn’t a hardship for them.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

It isn't a worldwide ban, but the IPL have banned them for a year in line with CA's decision. Although I think the IPL have only banned Warner and Smith

50 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It isn't a worldwide ban, but the IPL have banned them for a year in line with CA's decision. Although I think the IPL have only banned Warner and Smith

Seems like a joke then, they can carry on playing in New Zealand, South Africa, India, Pakistan, West Indies & in Europe, that basically allows them to carry on playing & earning throughout the year, the Australian season (in Australia) will go on for what, 4 or 5 months?

Some unscrupulous people will carry on paying them to play for their team.

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If the ICC ban them as well as CA then they can't professional cricket world wide.

I'm happy to admit that I'm loving all media furore about the Aussie cheats. I watched Smith blubbing on tv and felt no sympathy whatsoever.  He's quite rightly ashamed but surely he needed to 'man up' and simply hold his hands up, admit he messed up big up and walk away from the press conference with as much pride as he had left.

I can't imagine the cocky and arrogant Warner blubbing in the same fashion.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm happy to admit that I'm loving all media furore about the Aussie cheats. I watched Smith blubbing on tv and felt no sympathy whatsoever.  He's quite rightly ashamed but surely he needed to 'man up' and simply hold his hands up, admit he messed up big up and walk away from the press conference with as much pride as he had left.

I can't imagine the cocky and arrogant Warner blubbing in the same fashion.

I'd feel more sorry for them if not for the Ashes footage that suggests that this has been potentially going on longer. It would not surprise me however that this whole cheating affair was instigated by Warner. Can't have been too hard for the aggressive and influential Warner to convince Bancroft. Especially as a good word from Warner could keep an arguably below par Bancroft in the test side, or indeed a bad word could see him lose this chance of a lifetime. With Australia thrashing England, and not wanting to upset the apple cart that is romping to victory by challenging the volatile Warner, Smith turns a blind eye.

My theory anyway. Would explain Warner's isolation from the rest of the team. 

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'd feel more sorry for them if not for the Ashes footage that suggests that this has been potentially going on longer. It would not surprise me however that this whole cheating affair was instigated by Warner. Can't have been too hard for the aggressive and influential Warner to convince Bancroft. Especially as a good word from Warner could keep an arguably below par Bancroft in the test side, or indeed a bad word could see him lose this chance of a lifetime. With Australia thrashing England, and not wanting to upset the apple cart that is romping to victory by challenging the volatile Warner, Smith turns a blind eye.

I tend to agree with you. If that was the case then I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, he's not the only one to have been too weak to stand up to someone like Warner and he won't be the last. I might have reacted in exactly the same way at that press conference he's just given.

I'm not enjoying the furore at all. Test cricket is already on its arse and this is the last thing we need. In a way the whole thing has shown how sanctimonious the game is, but I can't help but think that had Australia not behaved so badly in the last few years the fallout would have been much more restrained. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I tend to agree with you. If that was the case then I do feel a bit sorry for Smith, he's not the only one to have been too weak to stand up to someone like Warner and he won't be the last. I might have reacted in exactly the same way at that press conference he's just given.

I'm not enjoying the furore at all. Test cricket is already on its arse and this is the last thing we need. In a way the whole thing has shown how sanctimonious the game is, but I can't help but think that had Australia not behaved so badly in the last few years the fallout would have been much more restrained. 

Sadly the truth will never come out fully I fear, but it would also explain why Lehmann knew nothing. 

I'm quite split, as as much as I love watching the 'Scummy Aussies' (see what I did there ;) ) squirm, it is just another nail in test cricket's, already quite watertight, coffin. 

What is it with Smith’s crocodile tears? He’s sat there during his press conference blubbering away & supposedly breaking down but not once was there any signs of a tear running down his face or even any attempt to wipe away the tears that he was supposedly blubbering away with! Looks all very much like him trying to get the sympathy vote after the crime!! Too little too late in my view!!

12 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

it is just another nail in test cricket's, already quite watertight, coffin. 

There's a counter point to that - all this furore over the cheating Aussies and the massive amount of media coverage could actually raise the profile of test cricket.

Bad coverage is better than no coverage.

56 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Or maybe Warner has been made to be the fall guy. His statement today said something along the lines of "you'll be hearing from me in the next few days" so I wonder if his side of the story may differ slightly from what we currently know and implicate a few others! That said, I do tend to agree that more than likely he was the instigator here.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Or maybe Warner has been made to be the fall guy. His statement today said something along the lines of "you'll be hearing from me in the next few days" so I wonder if his side of the story may differ slightly from what we currently know and implicate a few others! That said, I do tend to agree that more than likely he was the instigator here.

I love it when scandal hits 'teams' and the way that these inseparable loyal 'teammates' turn on each other to try to wriggle out of their part in the scandal, I cannot wait to hear exactly what Warner has to say.

What does seem obvious to me is that the rest of the Aussie team seemed to immediately disassociate themselves with Warner.

I still believe that Lehmanns position is untenable once the team arrive back in Australia, I cannot believe for one second that he had no idea of what was going on and was very quick to warn Bancroft and did nothing to stop the pantomime that unfolded with the umpires, also he has presided over a team that has become universally hated in the international game for their shocking on field behaviour.

4AAA1C9500000578-0-image-a-2_1522315440571.jpg

4AAA1CA100000578-0-image-a-7_1522315475583.jpg

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

What is it with Smith’s crocodile tears? He’s sat there during his press conference blubbering away & supposedly breaking down but not once was there any signs of a tear running down his face or even any attempt to wipe away the tears that he was supposedly blubbering away with! Looks all very much like him trying to get the sympathy vote after the crime!! Too little too late in my view!!

Reckon he is auditioning for a part in Neighbours with such poor acting !!

image.png

@Esmond Million's Bung Yes, the thought that Lehmann is the 'right man' to turn the Aussie team from one of the most hated of all-time (which he presided over, and was complicit in) to a new 'nice' team that plays cricket the right way is absolutely laughable. I'm sure that once the powers that be, and Lehmann himself, realise how daft this actually sounds that he will vacate the role one way or another.

Archived