IGNORED

Tony Rance interview on Radio Bristol

One of the biggest bullshitters to have been employed at BCFC.

For the younger ones, he was here in the late 1970's, I think it was Commercial Manager. His time here was in the years that preceded the 1982 bankruptcy and you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Or put another way, think Sexstone and multiply his uselessness by 100!

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

For the younger ones, he was here in the late 1970's, I think it was Commercial Manager. His time here was in the years that preceded the 1982 bankruptcy and you can draw your own conclusions from that.

so on par with Sexston then

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

didn't know he was the one who would put players on long term contracts or be responsible for matters on the pitch........

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

didn't know he was the one who would put players on long term contracts or be responsible for matters on the pitch........

No, I wasn't insinuating that he had anything to do with the contracts fiasco. That was AD and the Board. But I suspect that there were a lot the administration management like the aforementioned person that were dipping their fingers into the honeypot of the cash that was available from the massive attendance figure scam. 

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No, I wasn't insinuating that he had anything to do with the contracts fiasco. That was AD and the Board. But I suspect that there were a lot the administration management like the aforementioned person that were dipping their fingers into the honeypot of the cash that was available from the massive attendance figure scam. 

anyone working at the club who get the pg tips chimps tea party in the centre circle okay in my book............

4 hours ago, archie andrews said:

west ham 76 john......west ham in east end at same time having a pop too

I was there . Pandemonium Jeff .

There where lads running down the terraces to escape and lads running up them to have a go .

I was in the middle , like a rock in the bay of madness , as bodies turned and twirled all around me .

" United " they chanted from what seemed like all over the East End. 

I had had a little warm up with some of the Cockney love monkeys on my way from Temple Meads to the ground.

Aye , the adrenaline flowed that day I can assure you .

" You'll never take the East End " always had a bit of a hollow ring to it I'm afraid . 

That mob were well organised .  

That was the worst east end response ever in my time,and the closest to the end being completely seeded to the away fans.

They came in mob handed and were very effective.

I was only a nipper and they were scary.

To be fair didn’t happen often but that was the closest I saw us being over run in the last 50 years.

19 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

That was the worst east end response ever in my time,and the closest to the end being completely seeded to the away fans.

They came in mob handed and were very effective.

I was only a nipper and they were scary.

To be fair didn’t happen often but that was the closest I saw us being over run in the last 50 years.

It`s definitely the closest I`ve ever been to seeing the EE taken in my time watching City. They were so well organised and weren't` backing down.

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

pompey 82......

They came in at ten past two. There was no-one in there. I was behind the goal. Didn't budge. They never made it that far, and were removed. 

Now, if they'd come in at 2.45, like Villa, and Wednesday, they'd have come unstuck. On the slope. Like Villa and Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

They came in at ten past two. There was no-one in there. I was behind the goal. Didn't budge. They never made it that far, and were removed. 

Now, if they'd come in at 2.45, like Villa, and Wednesday, they'd have come unstuck. On the slope. Like Villa and Wednesday.

was later than that and they jumped over fence from Williams terrace 

On 3/27/2018 at 11:19, Major Isewater said:

I was there . Pandemonium Jeff .

There where lads running down the terraces to escape and lads running up them to have a go .

I was in the middle , like a rock in the bay of madness , as bodies turned and twirled all around me .

" United " they chanted from what seemed like all over the East End. 

I had had a little warm up with some of the Cockney love monkeys on my way from Temple Meads to the ground.

Aye , the adrenaline flowed that day I can assure you .

" You'll never take the East End " always had a bit of a hollow ring to it I'm afraid . 

That mob were well organised .  

was there also. There were rumours of a West Ham fan flashing a sabre... sod that for a game of soldiers. I was in the middle of the East when it all sparked off and my first thought was "I aint getting chopped up for anyone". The sudden tilt of people around me made up my mind... the direction of the tilt gave me no options...deal with it or look a coward. Fortunately for me, there were so many people trying to get to the front of the fight, my (lack of) ability was never questioned.

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

was there also. There were rumours of a West Ham fan flashing a sabre... sod that for a game of soldiers. I was in the middle of the East when it all sparked off and my first thought was "I aint getting chopped up for anyone". The sudden tilt of people around me made up my mind... the direction of the tilt gave me no options...deal with it or look a coward. Fortunately for me, there were so many people trying to get to the front of the fight, my (lack of) ability was never questioned.

We had a lad with us that day that was at his first match.

To his credit, it didn`t take him long to get into the swing of things though!

Archived