IGNORED

Fulham looking after fans again.

BCFC1512

There game away at Norwich soon is £5 return on coach. They’ve done this and free ones a few times this season. Why oh why can’t city do this. Bolton, Preston and Leeds away would of been perfect, games where we needed to win and a large away following would of really helped.

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

There game away at Norwich soon is £5 return on coach. They’ve done this and free ones a few times this season. Why oh why can’t city do this. Bolton, Preston and Leeds away would of been perfect, games where we needed to win and a large away following would of really helped.

I agree. We always get told it’s something the Prem club can offer (Stoke) as they get sponsors etc, but if Fulham can do it why can’t we. I also have a Preston fan friend, we often compare like for like mileage official coach travel, ours is way more expensive than theirs. It would be a great gesture if the club could offer if not free then half price travel, especially at this time of year when it’s expensive having to pay for ST’s etc, and the club needs all the support it gets. 

15 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Totally agreed. Would be a nice touch from the club. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting stance for a fans Parliament rep to take about an idea which WOULD get more fans to away games at a time of the season, where things like this can help tip the balance. Small margins, marginal gains etc etc.

It was tongue in cheek! And I’ve resigned anyway, after the lack of consultation over season tickets. 

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Should do something for Boro away which is looking like a massive game. 

Mentioned this is another post , this game could be crucial to us making play offs. Without getting into a debate about out away support, we will take around 700 to this game. If the club offered some  options , this could potentially double. 

I think the issue is competition - there is plenty of competition in London for the fair weather or day tripper.  When they were in the prem, I remember Charlton doing this plenty of times to try and steal the Kent fans from Gillingham and Dartford.

Bristol City and Bristol Sport seem to think they have everything on lock down, and if supporters want to go - their service is cheaper than public transport (and ultimately people will pay if its a big game)...

9 minutes ago, Unan said:

If the club offered free coach travel I'd probably go to every away game every year, at the moment I can only afford about 5 and I can only afford that many because I live in London so have 4 local games...

You can't get to away games, but you could get back to Bristol if they had free coaches? :blink:

9 minutes ago, Unan said:

If the club offered free coach travel I'd probably go to every away game every year, at the moment I can only afford about 5 and I can only afford that many because I live in London so have 4 local games...

If i lived in London, not sure that City putting on free coach travel from ashton gate would necessarily be much help....it would certainly be a ball ache for the away games at Millwall, QPR, Brentford and Fulham. I would be leaving home around 4am. 

39 minutes ago, Selred said:

You can't get to away games, but you could get back to Bristol if they had free coaches? :blink:

35 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

If i lived in London, not sure that City putting on free coach travel from ashton gate would necessarily be much help....it would certainly be a ball ache for the away games at Millwall, QPR, Brentford and Fulham. I would be leaving home around 4am. 

If I lived in Bristol and was in my current situation I'd go to every away game*

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

In a nutshell,Bristol Sport don't have any love for the fans of Bristol City FC...'they' don't relate to us in any 'emotive sense whatsoever..

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

In a nutshell,Bristol Sport don't have any love for the fans of Bristol City FC...'they' don't relate to us in any 'emotive sense whatsoever..

Steve Lansdown has already spent that £100 million of his own money on the club.  Now you want him to throw in free/subsidised bus travel.  Needy or what.

TBF , SL is trying to make the club self sufficient, and there is a hell of a way to go. The “club” as such is trying to make profit across the board including away travel, can’t see that changing any time soon. If anything like the Fulham offer we’re to be done, I’d think it would have to come directly from SL  or JL themselves, unlikely.

3 hours ago, Unan said:

If I lived in Bristol and was in my current situation I'd go to every away game*

What has living in Bristol gotvto do with getting to away games..? 

Surely most are just as easy, if not easier, from London..? 

I think when SL says he wants the club to be self sufficient he is really saying that if he were to step aside then it could run on its own and he can stick to investing and reinvesting into trying to grow the club. So £50m on half a new stadium and an upgrade to another stand makes sense to make more money and impress new signings, spending money on the academy and producing better youngsters is once again an investment in the future. I dont think free giveaways for fans that are quickly forgotten or quickly become expected are high on the list of investments that the club is interested in.

As many say SL in a shrewd business man and didn't get where he is today by giving money away.

19 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I think when SL says he wants the club to be self sufficient he is really saying that if he were to step aside then it could run on its own and he can stick to investing and reinvesting into trying to grow the club. So £50m on half a new stadium and an upgrade to another stand makes sense to make more money and impress new signings, spending money on the academy and producing better youngsters is once again an investment in the future. I dont think free giveaways for fans that are quickly forgotten or quickly become expected are high on the list of investments that the club is interested in.

As many say SL in a shrewd business man and didn't get where he is today by giving money away.

While I echo this sentiment or most of it, there are 2 ways in which this could make more money...

1) PR. Maybe it could help with the season ticket row. Make people think the club care a bit more, more waverers may renew and in financial terms it goes beyond a certain number...a reasonable ROI.

2) This is less applicable in this instance, but supposing we were really pushing for 2nd. We get a BIG following there, that helps get us over the line on the day. We  go up via top 2 or playoffs, that would represent an incredible ROI!

Appreciate that the 2nd is rather nebulous however, and both are hard to quantify. Sometimes spending a bit can yield such an outcome.

2 hours ago, Malago said:

Steve Lansdown has already spent that £100 million of his own money on the club.  Now you want him to throw in free/subsidised bus travel.  Needy or what.

Face it...in their(Bristol Sport) mindset your no different to someone going into 'Screwfix to buy a soil pipe...your a customer, that's all ...

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Face it...in their(Bristol Sport) mindset your no different to someone going into 'Screwfix to buy a soil pipe...your a customer, that's all ...

Agreed.  And that’s how it should be.  Why should you expect Steve Lansdown to subsidise your hobby more than he already does.

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

Agreed.  And that’s how it should be.  Why should you expect Steve Lansdown to subsidise your hobby more than he already does.

If that's a prevailing attitude at the club- and it sounds like it might be judging by the season ticket issues- I predict a certain number would waver on renewing.

NOT because of this issue but a disconnect, that attitudes like this shows. I don't see 15k next year for varied reasons (that's a total of season tickets and half season tickets). It's a way to lose goodwill.

9 minutes ago, Malago said:

Agree with this. 

16 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Do you often go into “screwfix”/B&Q etc and say “I’m building an extension. I bought the foundations here, I’m buying the bricks here, so how about you pay for the roof for me..?”

Why are Fulham doing this? Because they are in with a shout for promotion and are going all-guns, no-stone-unturned, foot-to-the-floor, all-out to get promoted, they desperately want to be promoted this time and they want any and every little advantage they can muster.

Why are we not putting on dirt-cheap travel to away games? Er, well....ahh, umm.....

I'm sure we'll do this when, er, when we're "specifically targetting" promotion! 

Archived