IGNORED

Season Tickets Countdown

Bristol Rob

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good post WTTJ. I completely agree about the PL, I can't stand it yet ironically it is the clubs natural goal.

If we could play every season to be champions of the Championship, with no promotion as if the PL doesn't exist, that would do me fine.

Also agree about the the make up of the crowd and the atmosphere. I saw more consistently loud and passionate support in crowds half the size (and less) than we see today.

The present day AG experience wouldn't have appealed to me much as a young fan and I doubt I'd be going now if I wasn't a such committed supporter of decades past.

Nothing about the experience of going to AG is either as much fun, or as unique in comparison to other experiences, as the AG that attracted me in the first place.

Entering AG was a completely different world to anything else I did, or had experienced, when I first started going. Magical really in retrospect and a great shame it's changed so much.

The only option if we don't like it is simply to stop going though and I haven't reached that stage yet.

slightly rose tinted view of the past, some things were better, or is that because we saw it through eyes that knew no better, personally would find it hard to go back to standing on a terrace with no roof getting soaked to the skin and the best you got was a cup of tea and a pie that was warm if you were lucky.

21 hours ago, PWright said:

Does anyone know if the pay monthly option will make a mark on my credit report as effectively it's taken credit out. I'm applying for a mortgage and don't want it to affect my credit rating!

It does. Was shocked when they grilled me about it during my Mortgage hunt last year. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

slightly rose tinted view of the past, some things were better, or is that because we saw it through eyes that knew no better, personally would find it hard to go back to standing on a terrace with no roof getting soaked to the skin and the best you got was a cup of tea and a pie that was warm if you were lucky.

Many things were more exciting in our youth, no denying that, but the atmosphere around a match at AG (a buzz which didn't seem to have changed intrinsically in generations) really was exciting.

That often isn't the case for me now, and I don't think that's just because I've got older.

In life if long time hobbies or pastimes get less interesting we tend to drop them for something new, likewise if we have an addiction all the advice is to try everything to get rid of it.

Let's face it, supporting City often isn't enjoyable at all, nonetheless many of us view our allegiance to the club to be a 'happy' addiction which we do not wish to lose.

The club need to bear in mind it was the unique atmosphere of AG that got thousands of us addicted to BCFC in the first place and not make the experience of visiting AG so sanitised it becomes almost unrecognisable to the extent they inevitably gradually wean us off when we absolutely don't want that to happen.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

And the urine soaking into one's leather soles shoes.

The rain running down inside your mackintosh

All before plastics and hoods on rainwear introduced.

As a child unable to squeeze in by the railings, so stood behind a solid row if tall adults.

In the days before motorways, car ownership among the working class, setting off at 22.30 on the supporters coach from Ashton Gate to Bradford/Grimsby and all other points north of Brum. Then what the hell do you do in Bradford when you arrive at 7am. And getting home at 2am.

Yes the good old days. I don't think so.

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

And the urine soaking into one's leather soles shoes.

The rain running down inside your mackintosh

All before plastics and hoods on rainwear introduced.

As a child unable to squeeze in by the railings, so stood behind a solid row if tall adults.

In the days before motorways, car ownership among the working class, setting off at 22.30 on the supporters coach from Ashton Gate to Bradford/Grimsby and all other points north of Brum. Then what the hell do you do in Bradford when you arrive at 7am. And getting home at 2am.

Yes the good old days. I don't think so.

give me any of that over a prawn sandwich and glass of Chablis any day of the week......

8 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I thought I was missing out. Already stopped again as I said. I was wrong. That said, just because I disagree with the way football and BCFC are going, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get excited at beating Man U.

As for your second bit, I love BCFC, but cannot stand what it has become. I haven't changed, it has. If you're happy to accept it then happy days, good for you. I'm actually delighted for you. But I'm not. And whilst I may be in the minority who are willing to walk away, I'd say the majority of our core fanbase, the loyal fans who were watching us in L1, would say it has got worse. It will only get worse, and as it does, the core will slowly but surely shrink under the weight of plastic, until AG is just vanilla. Boring and plain. 

Man u were in the same old 2nd div as us when I first got hooked, how things have changed since then, although we did visit them again in the top div, although not for long.

Agree with what you say here, but sadly I too have walked away, but will always show an interest in my club. Saturday football and away days have changed forever. :sad26:

Just now, archie andrews said:

give me any of that over a prawn sandwich and glass of Chablis any day of the week......

I’ve never had a prawn sandwich or a glass of Chablis, at Ashton gate and I couldn’t get one if I wanted one..!

Are you talking about being able to sit in the dry, order a pie that’s actually pretty nice and a pint of Thatchers that’s served at the right temperature..? Then have a piss without standing knee deep in slop, while you piss against a brick wall in the rain..?  Is that “posh” or just the minimum you’d expect, anywhere, these days..? 

7 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Agree entirely. Highlight of my day is the before and after beers on North Street with mates; the actual match day experience in the Gate isn't what it used to be.

You're right there, it's about twice as good now than it used to be.

Have a moan all you like about pricing but, you couldn't take me back to an old Ashton Gate over what we have now. Match days are much improved for me personally, the Gate was a shit hole before the revamp, the stadium had character yes, but the facilities were woeful.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would it be mentioned..? There is a deadline and people have until then to act. There’s no benefit or message, in having don’t it 2 weeks ago. 

I still haven’t done mine yet. I’m going too. I’m just deciding on the best way to pay it. 

I expect the emails are for no better reason than people being unable to say “I forgot about the deadline” 

I’d be more pissed off if I did forget and they hadn’t sent me reminders..! 

For the amount of time you spend on here, I'm surprised you find time to check your emails :whistle:

I've just renewed. Didn't really want to because in my head " I was sticking it to the man" but always knew deep down that I would.

It's as if I've been through a bad break up, I still love my team but feel I have really fallen out with the club and can't forgive them.

Anyway, heres looking forward to Arsenal in the opening fixture of next season.:blink:

16 hours ago, screech said:

You're right there, it's about twice as good now than it used to be.

Have a moan all you like about pricing but, you couldn't take me back to an old Ashton Gate over what we have now. Match days are much improved for me personally, the Gate was a shit hole before the revamp, the stadium had character yes, but the facilities were woeful.

No doubting Ashton Gate needed a revamp, and it's nice there is so much food/drink choice for supporters, better seating and views etc. But for me the actual enjoyment of the day itself has gone.

39 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Have also renewed my Senior Season Ticket which increased by 14.6% way above my pension increase of 2.9%. Will do without my prematch pint of Gold and will break even after 13 games. It will not spoil my football afternoon but Bristol Sport will ultimately be  loosing out financially.

Feel for you mate. 

Doubt Steve L will be taking to the pitch any time soon to take any flak. 

Funny how silent he's become. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Feel for you mate. 

He didn't actually do himself any favours with his Radio Bristol interview comments with GT last year.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Feel for you mate. 

Damn right..! I doubt he’d have the Gaul to show his face around these parts, after spending £50million on the stadium and bailing out our losses every year, breaking transfer records etc. 

He’s taking liberties..! 

50 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So just renewed me and the boy at last years prices so technically no price increase however no option for season card plus so technically a price increase £20 ? ......I’m confused 

No more season card plus. New scheme to be announced to replace season card plus.

Archived