IGNORED

Iceland diplomats to boycott WC but so will many more

54-46

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Has this been verified by the icelandic fa? The first world cup in their history and they are going to boycott it??? Really??

What’s to question..? A tweet from such a renowned and qualified news scource. 

Who needs the BBC, Sky or the Icelandic FA to confirm it..?! 

5 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Has this been verified by the icelandic fa? The first world cup in their history and they are going to boycott it??? Really??

Had a quick look on Twitter, seems to be just the government representatives, as opposed to the team itself. But, no sources of any particular weight to confirm it that I could see.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise just because you thought you had a ‘scoop’ ! Who’s Mr Peston?! Surely not Robert?! How is that relevant here?!

No thoughts of a “scoop” on my part. Just sharing football related info on a football forum, the info of which mentions a diplomatic boycott 

5 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

No thoughts of a “scoop” on my part. Just sharing football related info on a football forum, the info of which mentions a diplomatic boycott 

Yeh but you thought it meant the football team would not be taking part....rather than the hierarchy...hence your original thread title...

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What’s to question..? A tweet from such a renowned and qualified news scource. 

Who needs the BBC, Sky or the Icelandic FA to confirm it..?! 

To be honest, i would trust the russians more than i woukd trust the bbc these days, its full of lies and bias, and its embarrassing. 

Either way, who actually gives a flying shit if the icelandic dignitaries, or any others for that matter, dont attend?

16 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Haha, easy mistake to make but yes, like England, Iceland will not be sending any government figures to the WC.

It states as much on Sky News.

And who actually cares? Feel free to update us all with any more developments!

4 hours ago, simon uk said:

To be honest, i would trust the russians more than i woukd trust the bbc these days, its full of lies and bias, and its embarrassing. 

Either way, who actually gives a flying shit if the icelandic dignitaries, or any others for that matter, dont attend?

The BBC haven't stolen the wealth of the nation, like a select few Russians have from their own people. 

The BBC haven't assassinated many recently either or killed millions of their own people. 

The BBC haven't invaded countries or shot down passenger planes. 

Lies and bias are the least of the problems with Russia. 

Each to their own. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

The BBC haven't stolen the wealth of the nation, like a select few Russians have from their own people. 

The BBC haven't assassinated many recently either or killed millions of their own people. 

The BBC haven't invaded countries or shot down passenger planes. 

Lies and bias are the least of the problems with Russia. 

Each to their own. 

Yeah well you probably got most of that from the bbc website? I wont hold my breath while we work out who did the salisbury job,,, just because boris johnson says it was the russians, which is a massive coincidence while they work out what they are doing with brexit, and need an excuse to divert some attention somewhere else. Same with shooting down aircraft, our politicians and media are as morally bereft as anything in russia, unfortunately.

57 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Yeah well you probably got most of that from the bbc website? I wont hold my breath while we work out who did the salisbury job,,, just because boris johnson says it was the russians, which is a massive coincidence while they work out what they are doing with brexit, and need an excuse to divert some attention somewhere else. Same with shooting down aircraft, our politicians and media are as morally bereft as anything in russia, unfortunately.

Image result for alex jones tin foil hat gif

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

So, are you claiming that Boris Johnson has deliberately poisoned Skripal and his daughter, exposed up to 150 more people to the agent and then framed the Russians for it (with a hitherto unknown nerve agent, secretly made in Russia) 'because of brexit'?

And we've been involved in shooting down a plane full of Dutch civilians, just to frame the Russians for that too?

Just have a little read of what you've written ffs. If you seriously believe that, I suggest all sharp implements are removed from your vicinity.

The amount of people swallowing this sort of shit these days- who of course know far more than the rest of us 'sheeple', uniquely educated as they are by a load of bollocks their mate put on Facebook- is truly staggering.

21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your thread title was a bit dramatic?! Lots of countries will probably ‘diplomatically’ boycott it, but their teams will still play...

There has been some talk of some teams not going mind..

Needs a groundswell of support though and critical mass. Would be joyful to see countries finally have some backbone against Russia.

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise just because you thought you had a ‘scoop’ ! Who’s Mr Peston?! Surely not Robert?! How is that relevant here?!

I just want to take the opportunity to say that Peston needs to improve his journalistic standards, have a shave and dress properly. There was a time when i thought he was quite good. No more.

And as for that useless, dishevelled, unshaven twerp on Newsnight: whatshisface... How Newsnight has literally and metaphorically dumbed down since Paxman and that great Editor have left is frankly another blunderbus by the hapless BBC.

As you were.

Archived