IGNORED

Fans Funding Fans of the Future

Blagdon red

Ok, I've chipped in. 

But I think this is very important: 

Our fund is limited, so please let fans who are feeling the pinch most benefit from the modest assistance we can provide. If you can manage without our help, please do.

Also, please make sure the ticket gets used regular like!

23 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ok, I've chipped in. 

But I think this is very important: 

Our fund is limited, so please let fans who are feeling the pinch most benefit from the modest assistance we can provide. If you can manage without our help, please do.

Also, please make sure the ticket gets used regular like!

Your last sentence is an absolute must. There is often talk of adults buying a cheap seat and rarely bringing a child just because they can have the seat next to them empty to give them more room. I’m not suggesting that anyone would go and take money from the SC&T and do this, but it’s probably one of the reasons why the club have decided to raise prices.

I am appalled that it’s got to this. Yes @Bristol Robreading the thread I could see Food Bank all over it too.

I agree the seat and the shirt deal was too cheap from the start, maybe it should have been one or the other. Either that or the same agreement that now applies to the pensioners, gradually phased in over a few seasons, should have been fought for by the SC&T. The club must be pretty happy they have got a result in that the supporters are helping eachother. 

18 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Disgraceful  statement after all that Steve has done for this club.

The man isn't immune to criticism.

What is happening is disgraceful and SL could prevent it. 

I'll never subscribe to the "worship at the altar of Sir Steve / ritual obeisance and genuflection" approach. That's carte blanche. 

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Brilliant work. I have renewed my son’s ticket in the Dolman but am lucky enough to be able to afford to pay the extra - I hope that only those genuinely in need avail themselves of this fund and that we can - this way - ensure that no one need miss out on football at AG. 

In addition to my monthly SCAT subs I shall make a small donation to to the fund to try and help others keep family traditions alive by supporting City from your traditional area of the ground, not be herded into a sterile and frankly unsuitable area where you know no-one. 

COYR

Although Joe’s ST has gone up from £50 to £150 (originally was gonna be £235), £49 of that was expected because he’s jumped an age group....so £51 increase in reality.

Some kind person on here offered to pay the £235 for me, but I declined.  Sorry I can’t remember who, but what a great gesture. :thumbsup:

I can afford it, so like CIAC, I’ve chipped in a few quid to help those who can’t.

Fantastic work SCAT, and all those on here who help support those who are struggling to make the increase.

I am really torn about making a donation to the fund.

Part of me REALLY wants to help support the fund limited parents and guardians of the next generation; but equally I don't want to facilitate an acceptance of the Bristol Sport attitude to young supporters.

My concern is that if we (collectively) subsidise the youth it will further the Bristol Sport agenda to leave them financially inconvenienced.

Torn. 

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Part of me REALLY wants to help support the fund limited parents and guardians of the next generation; but equally I don't want to facilitate an acceptance of the Bristol Sport attitude to young supporters.

My concern is that if we (collectively) subsidise the youth it will further the Bristol Sport agenda to leave them financially inconvenienced.

Torn. 

It’s wrong that "we" need to, but it is an individual’s decision and no-one on here should think any better or worse of those who decide to donate and those that don’t.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s wrong that "we" need to, but it is an individual’s decision and no-one on here should think any better or worse of those who decide to donate and those that don’t.

Quite agree, I wouldn't judge anyone on their position on this, I think the underlying shame is that something like this is necessary.

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Torn. 

natalie imbruglia great song

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The man isn't immune to criticism.

What is happening is disgraceful and SL could prevent it. 

I'll never subscribe to the "worship at the altar of Sir Steve / ritual obeisance and genuflection" approach. That's carte blanche. 

Exactly. People are a bit overly sentimental about Steve, who, despite having done wonderful things for BCFC is a hard-nosed businessman. That's why he's a billionaire living in Guernsey.

Steve would have been made aware of the price increases and is partly responsible. He's not Darren Lehmann and the scheme wasn't dreamt up on a whim by a 'leadership group'.

Well done to BCSC&T.

5 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

Disgraceful  statement after all that Steve has done for this club.

SL chose to be the custodian of our club, we didn't force him.  His cash is his own to do with as he wishes, but he bought a football 'club' not a KFC franchise.  This is not a business in the traditional sense.

I do realise it has to be sustainable but crikey I'm not bending the knee for someone thats spunked a shitload of money up the wall to end up with a team in the same place in the league as we were 10 years ago.

Nice ground though.

@Ashtonboy have a look at your own avatar and have a think what that means to you and your family, SL can be applauded but he can also be criticised.

Even from Australia this stinks by BS

I've just chipped in 100 quid

I only ask that it goes to a pensioner who CANNOT afford the increase, and has been a regular season ticket holder who has been forced to move.

Be nice if @MarkAshton matched my donation - especially as it costs me 2000 quid to watch my 2 games a year.

I'm not holding my breath.

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

SL chose to be the custodian of our club, we didn't force him.  His cash is his own to do with as he wishes, but he bought a football 'club' not a KFC franchise.  This is not a business in the traditional sense.

I do realise it has to be sustainable but crikey I'm not bending the knee for someone thats spunked a shitload of money up the wall to end up with a team in the same place in the league as we were 10 years ago.

Nice ground though.

@Ashtonboy have a look at your own avatar and have a think what that means to you and your family, SL can be applauded but he can also be criticised.

Spot on.

The man at the top making millions on a regular basis, legally avoiding paying tax and who has a lifestyle that most can only dream of should be ashamed.

Has he spunked it against the wall? Yep - a fair bit.

Is he a charitable benefactor? Nope.

Is he doing ok out of his investment? Yep.

Bristol Sport and everyone connected with it are gradually having us over. And yet so many people on here worship the bloke for everything he does.....

Years ago there was a rich man behind Mangotsfield. When Mangotsfield had won all they could the man with the cigar moved on in his Mercedes. 

**** knows where he is now. Mangotsfield though are still there and going strong.

My point? Rich men with more money than sense eventually get bored with their toys. The club, community and fans remain. For generations.

We’re in the South Stand and will renew. We have 6 tickets but don’t always use them. When they’re free I offer them up - for free or a donation to CHSW.

Anyone who wants one can have one. Next season it’ll be 50% CHSW and 50% to this scheme.

l’ll also donate when I can find my wallet! Might not be much in the grander scheme of the life of someone living in a tax haven but every little helps.

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

natalie imbruglia great song

Beat me to it. Cracking tune and seems to be on pretty much every Spotify “90s” playlist going! Still would, mind. 

Anyway back on message, it’s great to see the solidarity on here and I totally understand your conundrum @Bristol Rob I did think the same but just decided to ignore the politics and dive in. 

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Nice ground though.

I firmly believe that, in judging anyone, account must be given to previous actions and historic stances on a wide range of issues. Steve, for me, is well in credit with his well documented gifts and investments in the club. I DO NOT agree with the latest stance on season ticket pricing, but found your statement to be offensive considering the man's history with the club.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Torn. 

Same as my thoughts @Bristol Rob as much as it is a MAGNIFICENT gesture by those contributing and the SC&T for organising this, I can't help feeling that this kind of lets Bristol Sport off of the hook.

It is the supporters that are having to pay for their own increased tickets, but also those same supporters that are now helping out the less fortunate.

It all still leaves a sour taste that all these price rises seem to all of a sudden be "accepted" - or am I out of the loop and there are still ongoing discussions about changes in the future (maybe not for this season)

Clearly nobody wanted to affect the team on the pitch, but felt sorry that the only mention of any REAL action was left to a single supporter ( @Harry ) to organise 

Archived