IGNORED

Christian Ribeiro Article (Merged)

!james

Didn't he get a game as an academy graduate under Gary Johnson? You know you're good when that happens!

Fair play to him, it must be gutting but he still got to live a life that most of us only dream of. Best of luck to him in the future, I'm sure he'll be fine in whatever he decides to pursue.

I certainly recall Millen picking him in one of his first games in charge against Newcastle, when we changed to a 3-5-2 formation. And he played really well and looked really classy even though he was only a teenager.

Unfortunately as noted in the article, his injuries started early and seemed to occur fairly regularly. Much though we now might rate Joe Bryan & Bobby Reid as the star products from the Academy, Ribs should really have been the first. But it wasn't to be.

Hope he does well in the future whatever he chooses to do.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had fairly high hopes for them both. Golbourne too to an extemt- wasn't he an England U19 left back with us in his early days or something?

I have never understood people who seem to blame lads like this for being injured. There is a big difference between someone like this and someone who doesn't play enough because of their lifestyle choices.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I have never understood people who seem to blame lads like this for being injured. There is a big difference between someone like this and someone who doesn't play enough because of their lifestyle choices.

Indeed, and CR had a huge fan on here, @fatdave - or something similar, who was always supportive and was shot down regularly for supporting our very own 'sicknote'.

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, and CR had a huge fan on here, @fatdave - or something similar, who was always supportive and was shot down regularly for supporting our very own 'sicknote'.

True, but he also used to argue that Ribs wasn't a sicknote and if he wasn't playing it was down to poor management rather than issues with his fitness. Clearly there were much deeper issues, very sad for Ribs as he would have gone on to be a Prem-level RB if not for those.

It is quite a few years ago now, but I seem to recall Ribs playing, and starring, in consecutive games against both Newcastle and WBA (under Keith Millen?). 

One for the future, I thought, just as I did about James Wilson, prior to his red card against Leeds - I believe YB got a red card in the same game.

Funny how things turn out.

Archived