IGNORED

Engvall off again.

Super

Have to feel for the lad. So obvious he doesn’t want to be here but because of the fee we paid we just can’t let him go. I’m assuming the only price a Swedish team can pay will be about a 1/10 of what we did. Might be better to cut our loses and let him go for whatever they can afford. Can’t ever see him making it here. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I don't get this. LJ consistently saying he is a good player. Surely he should be ahead of Taylor, Woodrow and Diony. Did more as a sub v Bolton than Diony has 

Johnson is hardly going to say he is a bad player. That’ll burn all bridges between Engvall and the club and dramatically reduce a future transfer fee.

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There were many "strange" goings on during this transfer and the ownership of the player.

I am sure @bristolcitysweden can fill you in more

First question..... who are all these people in this picture?

Image result for engvall signs for bristol city 

Gustavs agent Per Jonsson to the right. The Swedish agents, acting on behalf of IFK Gothenburg, to the left. Their company at the time had a low turn over, no employees, home adress as business adress etc. according to public information. Their "contact" in England surely got the lion part of the £600,000 in the end.    

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

Johnson is hardly going to say he is a bad player. That’ll burn all bridges between Engvall and the club and dramatically reduce a future transfer fee.

He's not a bad player though is he?

He might not be as good as LJ bigged him up to be the day he signed, but his lack of opportunities to prove himself at City is still a mystery.

You don't pay that much for a young international forward, say how good he's going to be, and then hardly play him.

Sometimes all a young forward needs is a tap in and their confidence will soar.

It's all very odd.

I'd love someone like LJ or Jmac to confirm if they think the lad can play.

If so - why is he on the naughty step?

If not - why was he signed?

Something really stinks about this deal - and 600K in "agent fees" to a couple of blokes who don't have any other clients.........

He's played what - 48 minutes this season in the league?

I doubt the truth will ever come out, but all the season ticket price rises would have been covered if we hadn't signed Gus.

FWIW, and this is only based on TV / post match video - he's looked far better than Diony.

And Woodrow.

I thought the days of 'only dealing with certain agents who ensure the gaffer* gets a bung' were long gone.

@spudski  knows exactly who and what I'm talking about.

*not current BCFC staff

I get that some signings will work and some don’t but for whatever reason we seemed to lose interest in Engvall very early in his city career.  I guess there may be more to the story and we have to keep singing his praises, protecting our investment until he’s off the books.  Surely after a season of hanging round the first team, getting use to our style of football the guy should have been loaned to a league 1 club to get use to the English way if deemed not ready.  Like it’s been said, let’s hope we learn from this and handle Elliason differently.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There were many "strange" goings on during this transfer and the ownership of the player.

I am sure @bristolcitysweden can fill you in more

First question..... who are all these people in this picture?

Image result for engvall signs for bristol city

I think the two guys on the left were Mexican hitmen in Breaking Bad...

After he got half hour off the bench against Brentford last season I said, admittedly half tongue in cheek, in the pub afterwards that he wouldn’t ever start a game for us.

Slightly annoyingly I was wrong as he started the cup replay at Fleetwood last season, but it is really looking like I was a lot closer to the reality than I expected to be.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Gustavs agent Per Jonsson to the right. The Swedish agents, acting on behalf of IFK Gothenburg, to the left. Their company at the time had a low turn over, no employees, home adress as business adress etc. according to public information. Their "contact" in England surely got the lion part of the £600,000 in the end.    

So, add this to the rumour that he basically doesn't want to be here and never did and a picture is painted.  We've got ourselves caught up in some kind of money laundering.

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

I'd love someone like LJ or Jmac to confirm if they think the lad can play.

If so - why is he on the naughty step?

If not - why was he signed?

Something really stinks about this deal - and 600K in "agent fees" to a couple of blokes who don't have any other clients.........

He's played what - 48 minutes this season in the league?

I doubt the truth will ever come out, but all the season ticket price rises would have been covered if we hadn't signed Gus.

FWIW, and this is only based on TV / post match video - he's looked far better than Diony.

And Woodrow.

I thought the days of 'only dealing with certain agents who ensure the gaffer* gets a bung' were long gone.

@spudski  knows exactly who and what I'm talking about.

*not current BCFC staff

Perhaps the signing of Gus was actually done before it was 'official' in August, and it was something the present manager couldn't control.

We know deals are put in place and agreed way before they are official. It's happened before...however some have been called off.

I suppose it depends on clauses and agreements etc. Who knows in this case. But it wouldn't surprise me.

For crying out loud, he's been back and forward to Sweden ever since it was revealed he hasn't settled in the UK.  I think it was March last year he was described as being "home sick" by MA, in terms of who he's competing with in the team its not the players mentioned he should be ahead of.  He's competing with Bobby and Taylor (Who are not home sick).

Move along, he will either make it next season or will be sold back to some team in Sweden for peanuts, not good business but the risk you take when you sign prospects.

Archived