IGNORED

Engvall off again.

Super

19 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Can't hit a barn door apparently, even in training!

You've just made that up!!

He scored regularly for Dujarden, so he can find the net.

In my opinion we didn't scout him thoroughly, he wasn't ready for the Championship in LJ's eyes but as a big money (for Sweden) signing he maybe thought he deserved a few games........He didn't want to go on loan to a L1 club, and there's the problem, I'm guessing all these loans to Sweden aren't doing anything to get him up to Championship level and that's why LJ isn't giving him a start.

29 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

The start of 'the rot was when he point blank refused a league one loan which would have helped him adapt to the game here..hardly the right attitude for someone with determination to give his best shot...

With that approach is it any wonder he fails to impress those paid to make decisions in and around the first team??

If I were his boss he would have me absolutely 'threaders.

23 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

In my opinion we didn't scout him thoroughly, he wasn't ready for the Championship in LJ's eyes but as a big money (for Sweden) signing he maybe thought he deserved a few games........He didn't want to go on loan to a L1 club, and there's the problem, I'm guessing all these loans to Sweden aren't doing anything to get him up to Championship level and that's why LJ isn't giving him a start.

Now you mention it, I do remember JM saying that on radio Bristol, stating that he wanted to go back to Sweden, if he wasn’t going to get time for us, so that he stood a chance of getting in the Swedish u21 side. That was a long time ago though, last season. JM said the agreement was that he came back for pre-season training. JM also said at the time that the loan was going really well and that you could see that Gustav was too good for that level. And JM seems a fairly trustworthy chap, so why the lack of opportunity since? I wonder if Gustav has been offered another English loan since then? I still don’t think the kid was given a fair chance with us, especially considering that when Gustav returned at the start of this season, Woodrow was loaned in and Gustav sent back out, then when Gustav returned Diony is loaned in and then Gustav is sent out again! And we were told when he signed that Gustav was ready to hit the ground running.

45 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Rest assured, I haven't made it up ;)

Players have it so good these days. They don't play and it must be the manager. They play poorly and we blame the manager. Manager picks players who aren't good enough and we blame the manager. 

I'm not saying it's not LJs fault, let's face it none of us have a clue. But maybe we could accept that and not assume anyone is to blame? I know....not very otib

Archived