IGNORED

Derby

Wow, if true a pretty ridiculous abuse of power.

As an aside, that was one of the most shoddily written articles I've ever read. The first 8 or so paragraphs seem to repeat themselves, and then the next few are a bungle of facts cobbled together in an almost incoherent babble. Honestly not sure how journos earn their keep to be honest!

3 minutes ago, underhanded said:

As an aside, that was one of the most shoddily written articles I've ever read. The first 8 or so paragraphs seem to repeat themselves, and then the next few are a bungle of facts cobbled together in an almost incoherent babble. Honestly not sure how journos earn their keep to be honest!

Yep it was but it is being claimed as an exclusive.

Journalism is dying art form.

16 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Gregor Mcboatface moonlighting ?

25 minutes ago, underhanded said:

They're all under 25 , probably.

:whistle2:

One thing that will kill the game is agents...5o/o of a players wages over the period of the contract! To help drive this greed out of the game,which only forces up wages,is for the player to pay his agents fees.They may not be so quick to demand extortionate wages if they thought they had to pay the agents wedge.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yep it was but it is being claimed as an exclusive.

Journalism is dying art form.

Dying art except on OTIB I suggest . One or two exceptional contributors on this forum . Much more insightful and truthful than local of national media 

2 hours ago, underhanded said:

Spot on....my Dad was a journo back in the 60s and 70s, both print and broadcast, but he quit because he was appalled at the falling standards....and that was way back then. No internet, no emails, no spellchecker, no mobile phones, no social media .....journos back then had to go out and find stories, real stories...and then get photos and footage and do proper research by talking to people. Now? Just sit at a desk scrolling through social media, cut and paste, google an image, job done....standards of journalism right now are pretty appalling...it’s a profession close to my heart, but it’s falling into oblivion because journalists can’t write properly these days...I even saw our stadium called ‘Aston’ Gate in the Post recently....I give up...

3 hours ago, underhanded said:

thats the daily mail rag for you :facepalm:

As poorly written as it was it seems a few of you may not have read it all and, actually, nor do you really need to; one can sum this up in a short sentence; The owner of a business either makes the final decision or should. Mel Morris and his team of lawyers are trying to spin a story that they had no control of the excessive spending on players and fees. If that is not going to make one look somewhat thick I fail to see what will.

What I think, and hope of course, is that this drags on and causes a distraction as it may already be doing especially if we look at Derby form.

Archived