IGNORED

Which teams have City played most?

myol'man

Took me about 20 minutes but I went through our historical head-to-head records.

The team we've played the most is Notts County (108 times).

We've played Rovers 107 times and Swindon 101 times. Below that we've played a couple of other teams more than Barnsley (such as Blackpool and Watford) but not many.

NB: This includes League, FA Cup, League Cup, and all the other weird domestic cups.

3 hours ago, LegalEagle said:

Took me about 20 minutes but I went through our historical head-to-head records.

We've played Rovers 107 times and Swindon 101 times. Below that we've played a couple of other teams more than Barnsley (such as Blackpool and Watford) but not many.

NB: This includes League, FA Cup, League Cup, and all the other weird domestic cups.

I'll bet Arsenal are at the bottom of the list.

Just looked, 28 times.

8 times in the last 100 years.

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Nottingham is hardly northern! Most definitely in the Midlands and played in Div 3 South whenever they were at that level.

Coventry, Walsall, Grimsby and both Nottingham clubs played in Div 3 North & South dependent on which teams had been promoted or relegated.

6 hours ago, LegalEagle said:

Wow! City have been a League team for 106 seasons. Allowing for H&A fixtures, that means on average, we play Notts County every other season.

55 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Nottingham is hardly northern! Most definitely in the Midlands and played in Div 3 South whenever they were at that level.

The midlands is a huge area,I guess it’s where you set your boundaries what you call northern but Nottingham is about a hour up up from Birmingham which is classed as central so it’s northern monkey country to me

Archived