IGNORED

The 'rubbish' icon

Robbored

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Hello. You could have given me a proper mention, @Robbored.

I typically use my 'rubbish' expressions when people post complete falsehoods under some ill-founded belief that they know everything and are always right. Perhaps an example might be a uninformed person who suggests a loan is not a form of transfer. Remind you of anyone?

In the meantime, I won't put you on ignore but I'll be happy to continue my generous and noble efforts to educate and inform you when you make baseless posts full of uninformed rubbish.

Next time you rubbish a post, put an explanation with it - for everyone, not  just for me.

Thats why I rarely use the rubbish icon because I feel I'm short changing the poster if I don't explain why I'm using it.

As a slight tangential deviation, as is usual with most threads, what about the “snake” icon? Is this supposed to mean that someone is cold, ruthless, venomous, untrustworthy etc? If so, how can you tell just by reading a post? Or the “sad” icon. Does this mean someone isn’t cool, or a bit of a pervert? Seems a bit extreme to me. 

If there’s an update, any chance of a “I've lost the will to live” icon?

The true answer to this (fairly reasonable) question in the OP is that we have a “like” button, which is fairly moderate and indicates general agreement, but no moderate disagree button. “Rubbish” and “Snake” are both extreme and likely to lead to result in backbiting, as we’ve seen in another thread just this evening.

The Mods need to consider introducing a simple uptick and downtick system, as some other forums have. I occasionally but only rarely use the Rubbish button -I would like the ability to indicate “I don’t agree with that view” without having to write a post or upset anyone.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Next time you rubbish a post, put an explanation with it - for everyone, not  just for me.

Thats why I rarely use the rubbish icon because I feel I'm short changing the poster if I don't explain why I'm using it.

Looks like you are owed 107 explanations already.

I think that is self-explanatory 

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

The true answer to this (fairly reasonable) question in the OP is that we have a “like” button, which is fairly moderate and indicates general agreement, but no moderate disagree button. “Rubbish” and “Snake” are both extreme and likely to lead to result in backbiting, as we’ve seen in another thread just this evening.

The Mods need to consider introducing a simple uptick and downtick system, as some other forums have. I occasionally but only rarely use the Rubbish button -I would like the ability to indicate “I don’t agree with that view” without having to write a post or upset anyone.

The rubbish icon carries a 0 value not a minus. We had a plus and minus system and we had people systematically going through a users entire posts and negatively rating them all. 

The last big update brought the new options and we put rubbish and snake at -1 and people carried on doing the same going through a users posts (sometimes taking hours to do so) because they could.

So we limited the amount you could react to each day and it didn’t go down wel

So we’re at the current situation of either plus or neutal.

Unfortunately it’s a small minority ruining it for the majority. 

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Ha! the rubbish icon, the spiteful dweeps little plaything who rather compose a respectful reply prefer this option.

It's all about Education and manners, or rather lack of both I am afraid.  

You're referring to a significant proportion of the forum's posters. 

Hope you never use it. 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Ha! the rubbish icon, the spiteful dweeps little plaything who rather compose a respectful reply prefer this option.

It's all about Education and manners, or rather lack of both I am afraid.  

You’ve used it over 50 times yourself 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

You’ve used it over 50 times yourself 

Tit for tat I admit, but I also actually am a City supporter, so probably well justified against the activists, I probably have engaged in some wasted  ones against Bob... you know the one that uses a legends name on here to diss this club.. Oh! well..

Tough.:yawn:

26 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Tit for tat I admit, but I also actually am a City supporter, so probably well justified against the activists, I probably have engaged in some wasted  ones against Bob... you know the one that uses a legends name on here to diss this club.. Oh! well..

Tough.:yawn:

You are also by your own definition, a spiteful dweep.

Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm still waiting fo you to explain why you think that Jack or are you simply dodging the question? 

I'm making some pastry, old chap. For a big mincemeat tart for tomorrow. Can you hang on a bit longer?

16 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for the offer but my serious suggestion would be to seriously consider what @RumRed has posted above

Dont get me wrong I’m far from perfect but know my faults but your incessant trolling and attention seeking and concerted and deliberate winding up of others is really quite sad and I’d suggest somewhat twisted from someone of your (working) background

Your avatar / accompanying words alone says everything

Maybe some others find it amusing - I find it tedious and a bit pathetic tbh

Like I said before just put me on ignore Bob. That way you'll not  have to read my posts and you'll obviously feel far better for it. 

Consider it good, solid advice from a former healthcare professional.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Personally I very rarely use this icon. I prefer to state why I might think that a thread/post is nonsense but I get plenty of rubbish icons on what are perfectly reasonable comments and I'd like to know why the poster considers it "rubbish".

So come on boys and girls please explain your reasons for using the rubbish icon.

I'll add that I'm expecting plenty of them - without explanation - for this thread.............:disapointed2se:

Use this as your screen saver Robbo

Trash.jpg

Archived