IGNORED

Time for 3.5.2 on Mon

tinman85

5 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Which is a surprise seeing as he's just had two weeks off

His last good game was v Man City away. Amazing how we've lost form this year. Surely time to go on a run again. We need O'Dowda back to give us width or even give Eliasson a chance. 

Idk. We have had 2 weeks to work on a different formation so the fact we didn’t use it today means unlikely to see it. On paper looks like it would work but would expose Wright and Baker one on one more and they can be rash at times. Think 442 could work still but LJ not rotating and keeping things fresh has cost us. Give Bryan a few games at LM where he can get forward more. Would probably be a nice change for him. Pato can use a break. Think Brownhill should get some minutes in CM next to Pack or Smith. Eliasson should get a game or 2 to impress. 

Everything seems safe atm. Let us stick with these boys who tbf got us in the mix but 46 games needs changes. Have to use the squad in meaningful games at times. Not just physically tiring but mentally 46 is a grind. Hell it is a grind for us watching!! Mix it up a bit even 442 and I think things can change. If not, well we can’t get much worse

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

4.4.2 isn't working. We concede goals and don't control the midfield.  

Time to go for:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker

Pisano and Bryan wing backs

Smith Brownhill Pack

Reid Diedhiou

Baker is not able to play LCB in a back 3.  We saw this the season before last

We're not playing Paterson in his correct position. Dropping him won't help that- dare say wouldn't help us too much either.

I like the idea of 3-5-2 on paper for sure though, but it's surely a bit late to change tack suddenly?? Shouldn't we (by which I mean LJ and the coaching staff) have had and thought up proper back up plans e.g. a coherent Plan B and Plan C in pre-season tbh? Putting all eggs in one basket is what we've done a bit...but we now have players who can affect change and yet away from home, we persist with it. Barnsley played 4-3-3 today...had we played 4-3-3 today, we matchup better in midfield and our greater quality should come to the fore.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Time to go for:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker

Smith Brownhill Pack

Reid Diedhiou

I would try that but marsh for Korey or drop reid in there and start with djuric, time for a game on the bench for smith, been poor lately

28 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk. We have had 2 weeks to work on a different formation so the fact we didn’t use it today means unlikely to see it. On paper looks like it would work but would expose Wright and Baker one on one more and they can be rash at times. Think 442 could work still but LJ not rotating and keeping things fresh has cost us. Give Bryan a few games at LM where he can get forward more. Would probably be a nice change for him. Pato can use a break. Think Brownhill should get some minutes in CM next to Pack or Smith. Eliasson should get a game or 2 to impress. 

Everything seems safe atm. Let us stick with these boys who tbf got us in the mix but 46 games needs changes. Have to use the squad in meaningful games at times. Not just physically tiring but mentally 46 is a grind. Hell it is a grind for us watching!! Mix it up a bit even 442 and I think things can change. If not, well we can’t get much worse

Did LJ not go 3-5-2 in the 70th min today?? Not that I thought it was the right thing to do. As they scored straight after. So he must be thinking it with flint back. 

22 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

Did LJ not go 3-5-2 in the 70th min today?? Not that I thought it was the right thing to do. As they scored straight after. So he must be thinking it with flint back. 

I don’t know. He has been known to go to it in games just not sure he trusts it to go a whole 90. If we had worked on it over the break I imagine we would have started with it

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t know. He has been known to go to it in games just not sure he trusts it to go a whole 90. If we had worked on it over the break I imagine we would have started with it

Have we actually had Wright, Flint, Baker, Pisano, Bryan. All fit & been able to play. I don't think we have all season.?? 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Time to go for:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker

Smith Brownhill Pack

Reid Diedhiou

See what your saying but just don’t know if a change in formation now will give us any more momentum but in concept I think it could work...however I do think Kelly will come back in a back four on Monday and Bryan will replace Patterson on the left...flint back in for wright and we have a real chance.

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

See what your saying but just don’t know if a change in formation now will give us any more momentum but in concept I think it could work...however I do think Kelly will come back in a back four on Monday and Bryan will replace Patterson on the left...flint back in for wright and we have a real chance.

I've been to a lot of games home and away and our best performance for me was Fulham away. We dominated the midfield. Why was that? Pack held and Brownhill and Smith had licence to go forward. It worked to perfection.  Would like to see those three again 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I've been to a lot of games home and away and our best performance for me was Fulham away. We dominated the midfield. Why was that? Pack held and Brownhill and Smith had licence to go forward. It worked to perfection.  Would like to see those three again 

Yeah don’t disagree but just saying I don’t think it will happen and can see Kelly playing through out the run in now, think patience with Patterson may have run out now

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Time to go for:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker

Smith Brownhill Pack

Reid Diedhiou

I just want too see what this formation & Team can do. If pack is injured put GON in there.:yes:

Wouldn’t go 352 doesn’t suit Baker well. I would stick with 442 just maybe change personel a little bit. Not sure if it’s a good game for Kelly to start but I would definitely start O’Dowda if he’s ready and maybe play him LM and replace Paterson or play him RM and one of Brownhill or Pack goes to the bench 

6 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Wouldn’t go 352 doesn’t suit Baker well. I would stick with 442 just maybe change personel a little bit. Not sure if it’s a good game for Kelly to start but I would definitely start O’Dowda if he’s ready and maybe play him LM and replace Paterson or play him RM and one of Brownhill or Pack goes to the bench 

Pack and Smith have both had good seasons but a bit like Lampard and Gerrard they don't play well together in a two. Neither are creative enough. 

Part of me would like to see Flint and Hegeler at the back, just to remind Baker and Wright that you don't automatically keep your place if you defend like they did yesterday.

It's not like we ever beat Brentford anyway.

Seems to be some preference for dropping Paterson with which I would agree. We are definitely more solid with Joe Bryan at left midfield, so playing Kelly at left back would seem the answer. Flint likely to come back on Monday so if we play 4 at the back, the question is who makes way. I am not sure we can change formation at this stage but we do need to maximise & strengthen 4:4:2 and get our substitutions right.

Archived