IGNORED

Sky Sports free on Virgin Media

Kala Taro

For anyone who doesn't know, Sky sports (not HD unfortunately) is free to view if you have VM for (I believe) the next six weeks. So you can watch plenty of Championship games, although not City as we're not on.

List:

Hull City v Aston Villa Saturday 31st March 17:30
Preston North End v Derby County Monday 2nd April 12:45
Sheffield United v Cardiff City Monday 2nd April 19:45
Fulham v Leeds United Tuesday 3rd April 19:45
Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Friday 6th April 19:45
Norwich City v Aston Villa Saturday 7th April 12:30
Aston Villa v Cardiff City Tuesday 10th April 19:45
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County Wednesday 11th April 19:45
Aston Villa v Leeds United Friday 13th April 19:45
Fulham v Brentford Saturday 14th April 17:30
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Birmingham City Sunday 15th April 12:00
Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest Saturday 21st April 19:45

Saturday 28th April & Sunday 6th May have yet to be selected.

Some humdingers there, particularly Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Friday 6th April 19:45 and obviously Tuesday night games will clash with watching City. Set your Betamax to record.

Please don't give me 'Rubbish' or 'Snake' icons if,  A) You already know this, B) You don't give a s**t, C) You only watch City, there is no other team, D) You are Lee Johnson.

14 minutes ago, Tim S said:

My missus got an email from VM today stating that was the case and I watched Wolves v 'Boro live this evening so I took it to be true. Might have something to do with the package one has (ooer, that sounds a bit gross!) I dunno.

If you scroll past the HD channels you can see if Sky sports is selectable, I've just had the Wolves v 'Boro match on again so it's working for me. On now is Derby v Sunderland which I missed earlier. Normally I can't watch anything to do with Sky's pay for channels.

1 minute ago, Malbec said:

My missus got an email from VM today stating that was the case and I watched Wolves v 'Boro live this evening so I took it to be true. Might have something to do with the package one has (ooer, that sounds a bit gross!) I dunno.

I watched wolves/Middlesbrough. Derby/ Sunderland I will also watch Derby/Preston & Sheffield united/Cardiff  your stange person. 

30 days hath September, April, June & November.... All the rest (including March) have 31 ... etc...

So if this is an April Fool, ... It's a day early.

(would have expected Virgin to be shouting this from the rooftops if such a deal was generally available.. Haven't seen anything) 

Anyone else had a visit from the Virgin Sky Fairies ? 

(just in case, I think I'll pop my remote control under my pillow tonight :fingerscrossed:) :) 

52 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

30 days hath September, April, June & November.... All the rest (including March) have 31 ... etc...

So if this is an April Fool, ... It's a day early.

(would have expected Virgin to be shouting this from the rooftops if such a deal was generally available.. Haven't seen anything) 

Anyone else had a visit from the Virgin Sky Fairies ? 

(just in case, I think I'll pop my remote control under my pillow tonight :fingerscrossed:) :) 

I don't know what's going on then. I've got Sky Sports on with Sunderland v Derby (ha ha Derby) right now and I don't got Sky Sports at all. Channel is 513 on VM.

I wouldn't have known but my OH read out the email she received and there it is. Maybe we're the only ones and we're inhabiting the twilight zone.

Sorry if it's not the case for anyone else.

Think I got the full house package?

Sometimes it worth filling out surveys if they ask as they will send out a email giving you free sky sports for a month on the odd occasion.

Just recently got the new virgin box so maybe that was a reason to give me free sky sports for 6 weeks?

Yep, I now have the full set of Sky Sports......... I haven't received an email or any notification about this, but thought I would check after seeing this thread.

I have also recently signed up to upgrade to the latest box, which is free of charge anyway, so this may just be a promotion.

Just hope it lasts beyond next weekend so that I can watch the Masters!!

Archived