IGNORED

Preston v Derby

Ashton_Red

It makes no difference if we don't start winning our matches.

If we do pick up some wins it is in our own hands as we have to play Boro, Sheff Utd and Millwall , all competitors for the top six .

As an aside , Neil Harris must be in with a shout for manager of the year.

To answer your question, simply, Preston.

Derby's confidence would take a huge hit and could just finish them off psychologically.

The problem being that a Preston win would get them back on track and they could nick a play off spot.

Rock and a hard place spring to mind.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

If we do pick up some wins it is in our own hands as we have to play Boro, Sheff Utd and Millwall , all competitors for the top six .

Derby's confidence would take a huge hit and could just finish them off psychologically.

The problem being that a Preston win would get them back on track and they could nick a play off spot.

Of course it makes a difference Major. Your post seems to imply that all our rivals are winning consistently whereas we haven’t won a game! We have been picking up wins.

Actually, Millwall aside no one is winning with any great consistency. The last six results below show this - and it’s also worth bearing in mind that 4 of our games below were away. Only Millwall have won more than half their games.

There seems to be a myth that our rivals are all doing much better than us. In reality there is very little in it. We are right in the mix, our home form is good, we have won some games, and we still have a chance.

Millwall W5 D1 L0 Pts 16

Boro W3 D2 L1 Pts 11

Sheff U W2 D3 L1 Pts 9

Preston W3 D0 L3 Pts 9

City W2 D2 L2 Pts 8

Brentford W1 D2 L3 Pts 5

Derby W0 D2 L4 Pts 2

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course it makes a difference Major. Your post seems to imply that all our rivals are winning consistently whereas we haven’t won a game! We have been picking up wins.

Actually, Millwall aside no one is winning with any great consistency. The last six results below show this - and it’s also worth bearing in mind that 4 of our games below were away. Only Millwall have won more than half their games.

There seems to be a myth that our rivals are all doing much better than us. In reality there is very little in it. We are right in the mix, our home form is good, we have won some games, and we still have a chance.

Millwall W5 D1 L0 Pts 16

Boro W3 D2 L1 Pts 11

Sheff U W2 D3 L1 Pts 9

Preston W3 D0 L3 Pts 9

City W2 D2 L2 Pts 8

Brentford W1 D2 L3 Pts 5

Derby W0 D2 L4 Pts 2

Nice mini table, unfortunately the two we should fear most, and who are in better form than us, Millwall and Boro, are our biggest threats.

We have to play both however, so if we can get ahead of them by winning today, then a draw against both would suffice.

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Nice mini table, unfortunately the two we should fear most, and who are in better form than us, Millwall and Boro, are our biggest threats.

We have to play both however, so if we can get ahead of them by winning today, then a draw against both would suffice.

Are Boro in better form than us? One point from their last two games, and one more win than us over the last six - when we’ve played four away games.

If they are, it’s marginal.

This is my point really - everyone is quick to assume our rivals are doing much better, but there is very little in it.

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are Boro in better form than us? One point from their last two games, and one more win than us over the last six - when we’ve played four away games.

If they are, it’s marginal.

This is my point really - everyone is quick to assume our rivals are doing much better, but there is very little in it.

Get your point chip but if the form continues over the remaining games we'll miss out, and may yet regret that five goal tonking at Villa.

All to play for however, and if it goes to the last game I may need my Valium.

A draw, with resulting key injuries and sending offs along with a thumping City win to improve our goal difference would be just what the doctor ordered for today please.

Sadly in all probability, none of these things will happen and we will be ruing what might have been at 5 o'clock as our season fades into mid table obscurity.

Seriously, there are a few big games today and we certainly need three points from ours.

I'm afraid that our performances over the last 3 months have left me feeling a little disappointed.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And there was me thinking our last five results were WLDWD (8/15).

44 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Heard on the radio people banging on about Harris as manager of the season , but what about our own little Lee ? 

What about Espirito Santo, Warnock and Jokanovic?

Some memorable matches, and great form for months, but LJ's team are too inconsistent throughout the season for him to get an award that encompasses the whole of it.

Unless today is the start of another of his great runs that continues long enough to include a Wembley victory of course......

Too all of you who misunderstood my post , if we don't start winning then obviously we'll not make up ground on those above us.

I know we have 2 wins v Wednesday and QPR  but we have drawn way too many matches this season.

A season unbeaten with just draws would see a club relegated.

Also , the OP asked who you would prefer to win not would you prefer a draw .

Warnock all day long in my eyes , Cardiff bang average and for him to eat humble pie and bomb Tomlin out on loan shows the brain he has as a manager . 

Wolves manager had oddles of money just bringing afobe back in jan shows the wages there willing to pay.

10 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Warnock all day long in my eyes , Cardiff bang average and for him to eat humble pie and bomb Tomlin out on loan shows the brain he has as a manager . 

Wolves manager had oddles of money just bringing afobe back in jan shows the wages there willing to pay.

Several Championship managers of note.

I look for consistency, then at managers who show their worth and improve their team and performances as the season goes on.

As brilliant and enjoyable as a few months of City's season were, we've gone the other way, so LJ doesn't get a look in for me on those criteria.

Archived