IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread 40 (Joint Effort - Merged)

Oh dear. 

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Baker, Paterson and Pack left out.

Flint, Walsh and Kent starting.

Oh dear. 

Still manages to find a place for Wright! He’ll be up front next just to keep him in the team!

( although to be fair it wouldnt surprise me if Baker is rested due to his recent groin injury ). 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Shocking shocking team selection but why am I surprised. Clueless 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Crazy team selection. Think he is losing the plot.  Clearly if we win I have erred with this comment

Bit of patience lads. Could be a stroke of tactical genius.

Glad to see Flint back, glad to see Paterson dropped, glad to see Walsh given a rare opportunity, but don't understand the selection of Kent, but hey if this 'rising Liverpool star' decides to actually put in a performance today it will be gladly accepted, not holding my breath.

As for Baker I suspect that he is being wrapped a little in cotton wool given his recent injuries, nothing more than that.

In fairness after Friday, anyone in the back four could've been dropped we were that bad.  Flint had to come back in, so it's a straight choice of Baker or Wright to miss out, seems like Wright has the sign over Baker, until Baker is carrying a knock.

Bryan for me still wasted at left back, should be left midfield with a licence to get forward.

Personally I would've gone with 3-5-2 today, need to get good start, get hold of midfield and boss the game.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don’t think it is a coincidence that Baker and Patterson have struggled with niggly injuries and they are the ones not picked for 2 games 3 days apart. I would guess the decision is a combination of how their fitness levels are and whether there is a risk of anything being exacerbated.

Agreed. If Magnússon was fit I suspect one of Wright or Pisano might have been rested as well. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If Pack is carrying an injury he’s hiding it well in all the pre match exercises and sprints 

Just because he can play if absolutely necessary doesn’t mean there’s not something that they would rather not take a risk on as long as it isn’t necessary. Maybe he’s even got a bit of an illness of some kind of which there would be no physical indicator?

Or of course it could all be tactical, though team selections all season suggest otherwise. 

Archived