IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread 40 (Joint Effort - Merged)

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Well what can you say after that?

I can cope with being crap. I can cope with players being a bit half arsed in meaningless end of season games.. hell, I've even not moaned during this poor period of results due to the joy this team gave us in the first half of the season.

But I absolutely cannot defend that. The premiership dream is a carrot right in front of us and those players on the pitch were an absolute disgrace to the shirt. Zero effort, zero urgency. LJ can go and do one as well with that team selection. What's needed is for a fan to be sent into that dressing room and tell both LJ and the players how badly we've been let down today. Utter disgrace.

Remember Divvy

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

You absolutely revel in it though, lets not pretend otherwise.

Arrant nonsense.

I will always support City as I did when we were in fourth tier, but it is because I want City to do well that I feel it almost a duty to try and explain to Happy clappers that in my opinion it is the infrastructure of BS which is hobbling us as a football club.

Talksport saying lack of motivation and aggression, so who fault is the lack of motivation? Surely the coaches, what do they do all week, is it an old boys association?  Something needs to be sorted out and soon,  otherwise at the end of the season some players will be going and LJ will have to start all over again. So another 5 years of ones for the future!

I never wanted Johnson in , in the first place , and have always stuck by this,  even when we were doing so well  before xmas, he shoud of been sacked after  that poor run  of record loses  last year,  he does not no how to change things around, when were being out played, brings on subs when its to late in the game. think those cup games  , messed us up with injurys,  , that wolves game , was one of the turning points,  he never had a lot of options up front, so put flint up  there, try  get someting, we got the goal, but what did johnson do, left flint up front, when he should of gone back  where he belongs defending, and then shut up shop, but no left  him up there, . then lost  1-2, same with the  sunderland, and  leeds games   3  -0 up,  drew 3-3.  2-0  up drew 2-2, when should of    defended it, .

4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Sounds like anger should be directed at the players if anything. Although I wasn’t there.

Were we playing a new formation? Did Johnson ask them to do something they didn’t understand? 

Yeah of course let he who is beyond criticism escape once more, the players are obviously to blame for the past 4 months of mainly shit performances and the January window fiasco.

7 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I'm pissed off, really pissed off, but can we please stop with the Johnson abuse, it embarrassing.

Johnson doesn't play, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't pass, he doesn't run, he doesn't show heart. Once the players cross that white line, it's the players that control it. 

Isn't that how he used to play :)

Don’t want to hear from LJ. It was a crass team selection but he’s ‘still learning’.

Lets hear from our CEO who threw the towel in months ago. Someone needs to ask him about not planning for the Premier League and the appalling January window. Ask him whether he feels his comments were a hinderance or a help. Ask him whether  signing out of form players with little match experience was a good idea when we desperately needed some fit extra bodies to bolster a knackered squad. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yeah of course let he who is beyond criticism escape once more, the players are obviously to blame for the past 4 months of mainly shit performances and the January window fiasco.

It's because the players know it's a cushy arrangement for them with the management and the owner, there is no ambition, so why should they bother!

5 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

What on earth was he doing picking Walsh and Kent to start. Yeah, perhaps one or the other. Walsh isn't quite ready and Kent should be subs bench at best! Sorely missed Pack and Patterson.

How have we gone from chasing autos to a pile of steaming poo? Something doesn't seem right with the team at all...

I have some sympathy with managers in this situation. Fans demand wholesale changes, manager makes wholesale changes, fans ask why did he make wholesale changes?

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Johnson gets criticism on here every single day, regardless of the previous result.

Yet you continue to peddle this myth.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

For all the overreaction, the only thing that is actually clear from this is that LJ doesn't know how to stop these runs.

He does have a habit for going on these dire runs,i think he  struggles to stop these awful runs 

Just now, Badger08 said:

It is, and we are still in with a chance of the playoffs. Remember that thread which appeared after the Millwall result? Everyone stating how they would be happy with a midtable l finish? So yes, it is a results based business, and results across the season dictate that we are in 7th, way above the results people expected. 

The same players are here from the first half of the season, so no excuses from them, they've shown they have the ability.

But does the manager have the ability to turn it around

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Don’t want to hear from LJ. It was a crass team selection but he’s ‘still learning’.

Lets hear from our CEO who threw the towel in months ago. Someone needs to ask him about not planning for the Premier League and the appalling January window. Ask him whether he feels his comments were a hinderance or a help. Ask him whether  signing out of form players with little match experience was a good idea when we desperately needed some fit extra bodies to bolster a knackered squad. 

These are more pertinent points than just raving at the manager I think. Whatever Ashton's intentions you have to wonder what impact it had on the mentality of the club, even if subconsciously.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Johnson gets criticism on here every single day, regardless of the previous result.

Yet you continue to peddle this myth.

It's not a myth because people are trying to defend him today FFS.

Friday he got away with a shite performance and today he never, 3 wins in 18 games is truly not good enough but there are always excuses, sometimes he has to accept the blame and his glee club have accept that today and several of the other 15 games games we have failed to win he has not for the first time been found wanting.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I have some sympathy with managers in this situation. Fans demand wholesale changes, manager makes wholesale changes, fans ask why did he make wholesale changes?

But that team has been picked by a man whose lost it. The issues look much deeper rooted than just changing the team however.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know I’m always banging on about bigger picture, but irrespective of broader progress as a club that was simply appalling today. I paid nearly £30 to watch that, travelled nearly an hour to get here and gave up a day with my wife and kids.

An unacceptable return on my investment.

It's perfectly reasonable to both be positive about the overall direction of travel and be angry about particular performances imo.

Taking either position and ignoring the other lacks balance I reckon.

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Arrant nonsense.

I will always support City as I did when we were in fourth tier, but it is because I want City to do well that I feel it almost a duty to try and explain to Happy clappers that in my opinion it is the infrastructure of BS which is hobbling us as a football club.

Not a happy clapper by any means but you’re always spouting conspiracy theories why we are performing poorly.

In your opinion why are BS hobbling the club? What would you do better??

Archived