IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread 40 (Joint Effort - Merged)

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

Walking out the ground, I heard the same “rumour”. If true, then LJ has some issues with the Team - do they respect him?

There was certainly a total absence of team spirit or backbone today mate  - At every stoppage they were arguing with each other all over the pitch

Shameful performance

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Criticising the performance only.

What I want is to be able to criticise without excuses being peddled out every week over the past almost 4 months, as I belatedly added to my post even you managed to concoct an excuse and you never saw the game.

Leave the excuses to LJ he is getting really good at them.

What excuse have I given?

Or have you gone back to lying?

I haven't given any excuses at all, so just stop with the false statements.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What excuse have I given?

Or have you gone back to lying?

I haven't given any excuses at all, so just stop with the false statements.

I do sincerely apologise, I was mistakingly referring to the post from another person who never saw the game but offered an excuse, the one that you originally replied to my reply that started all of this, sorry.

What everyone has to remember (without all the emotion) is that we actually have a good squad (potentially). But that today, confirms what most know, that we have been painting over cracks for the last 15 games. 

It needed a game like today, to reveal the cracks - which are now exposed for all to see. Today was no “one off”.

6 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

What everyone has to remember (without all the emotion) is that we actually have a good squad (potentially). But that today, confirms what most know, that we have been painting over cracks for the last 15 games. 

It needed a game like today, to reveal the cracks - which are now exposed for all to see. Today was no “one off”.

The cracks have been visible to many for quite sometime now, today finally exposed to ALL that the cracks have been there and people have been finding excuses to defend our position.

The players made a ton of mistakes but today's performance is entirely down to the manager imo. I'm a fan of LJ, I defend him, but we played in a manner utterly devoid of any organisation. The players clearly didn't know the system they were meant to play, especially after we changed things with 20 odd minutes to go.

24 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

We've got a good X1, but a poor bench. The squad aint up to this level of football. The loans this season have been abysmal!

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We've got a good X1, but a poor bench. The squad aint up to this level of football. The loans this season have been abysmal!

I just don't believe it is the players but the management of them which is our problem

23 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Doesn’t help when we shell out seven figure sums for players who are immediately bigged up as the next best thing by head coach , immediately thrown into battle , only then to find themselves not rated / ‘trusted’ and cast into the Twilight Zone

or Sweden

Cheltenham

Lansdown Stand

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There was certainly a total absence of team spirit or backbone today mate  - At every stoppage they were arguing with each other all over the pitch

Shameful performance

This should come from the personality of the manager, and is also seen in his choice of captain, who should be a respected leader and be the voice of the manager on the pitch while the game  is in play.

If the team lacks backbone and team spirit it is 100% down to the man who picks the team and gives the team talks.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

This should come from the personality of the manager, and is also seen in his choice of captain, who should be a respected leader and be the voice of the manager on the pitch while the game  is in play.

If the team lacks backbone and team spirit it is 100% down to the man who picks the team and gives the team talks.

He clearly didn’t have an ability to influence them or change anything today Nogs

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

You may be right but I don't think that invalidates my point about fans getting what they ask for then saying the opposite.

By no means unique to us mind you.

These were not the changes that most people were looking for though.

the most common suggestions, Kelly at LB and Bryan at LM. Wright dropped the bench, Eliason for Paterson. Kent to be nowhere near the team.

Instead he drops one of our best CM's, plays Kent, puts Wright in at LCB and plays Walsh. Pretty much the exact opposite of what people were calling for.  The number of people who would have gone for today's selection would be very low, and the cheering of Wright coming off, well I don't agree with cheering players getting subbed, but god did he deserved to be subbed.

I have no idea whats happened this year, but this is the same personnel but not the same team we had earlier in the season, and it is not just that we were "found out".

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Doesn’t help when we shell out seven figure sums for players who are immediately bigged up as the next best thing by head coach , immediately thrown into battle , only then to find themselves not rated / ‘trusted’ and cast into the Twilight Zone

or Sweden

Cheltenham

Lansdown Stand

How many teams at our level bring in these overseas players for the future? Agree with you the confidence of most of our young players can't be high.

Leko has a stormer against Derby, then not so good the next couple of games then banished. Eliason  plays at Watford takes a goal like a proven striker then apart from a couple of cameos hasn't been seen since.

Walsh comes on at Man City looks good on the ball fits in well. Starts against Norwich in an insipid City performance. Thought he showed promise but until today banished.

He gets a start today in the Smith role alongside Smith? Would surely have been a better blend with Pack.

Kelly, starts 2 games, looks like he's played at this level for years plays 2 games in a week for England u20s  ( 2  clean sheets) and then it's decided the lad is tired to start for City WTF!!!!!

The sooner the playoffs are out of reach the better. Then we might see if Johnson really has faith in our young players. I know a lot will say you cant play all these kids but I'm up for it.

A  defence next season that included Kelly, Mags,Vyner and Flint would appeal to me, players that can bring the ball forward and have the ability to pass the ball to a red shirt even in tight areas.

That's the football Johnson SAYS he wants us to play is it not?

Archived