IGNORED

Positives from today

Major Isewater

The only positive about today is that it’s nearly over. 

After today’s woeful performance, indeed many of our recent performances, I’m as disappointed and angry as any other City fan. Nevertheless, nobody can reverse our recent performances while everybody can move on and the players can put together great performances for our remaining fixtures.

Derby had a very poor run, culminating in getting stuffed 4-1 at home by Sunderland, and then won away today at PNE. We can do the same next week at Millwall if we play as we can and everybody, on and off the pitch, plays their full part.

Tin hat at the ready.

11 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Bailey was dreadful today admittedly, but he's a right sided centre half playing out of position, again, on the left hand side. I'm certainly not defending his performance but at least he had the gonads to try and help the team, yet again, by playing out of position.

That said, Bailey and the rest were bloody garbage today. Only Frankie comes out of that game with anything remotely close to credit.

Absolutely 5hite performance! 

I know he is more comfortable on the right side but he has played numerous times on the left for us. He also plays on the left for Australia or has done in the games I have seen. Playing as a LCB is no excuse for that performance. 

I was probably harsh on him as it was his worst game in a city shirt(maybe worst I have seen from a city player). I am just a bit fed up with him. It is mostly his silly fouls that have wound me up lately. That and the fact he is captain and the feeling he will play almost no matter what the situation is. Honestly, after the reviews Vyner has been getting, I think I’d rather him be our cover for CB/RB next season. With Taylor Moore also able to cover both it would make Wright a bit redundant. 

17 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

And Bailey wright can’t defend him anymore useless with the ball at his feet and constantly makes boneheaded fouls

Worst passer of the ball at the club yet LJ makes him captain.

He's an LJ signing though, and clearly one of his 'favourites' so expect old Shoehorn to continue to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Poor judgement and man management from LJ to keep picking Wright, especially when he himself later feels he is playing so badly again he has no choice but to haul his captain off, thus leaving him trudging off at the mercy of a by now deeply frustrated and vitriolic crowd.

LJ could have saved Wright that predictable humiliation by making sensible selection decisions in the first place and not showing such obvious misplaced favouritism and being so damned stubborn.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Worst passer of the ball at the club yet LJ makes him captain.

He's an LJ signing though, and clearly one of his 'favourites' so expect old Shoehorn to continue to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Poor judgement and man management from LJ to keep picking Wright, especially when he himself later feels he is playing so badly again he has no choice but to haul his captain off, thus leaving him trudging off at the mercy of a by now deeply frustrated and vitriolic crowd.

LJ could have saved Wright that predictable humiliation by making sensible selection decisions in the first place and not showing such obvious misplaced favouritism and being so damned stubborn.

Yea I don’t want to beat on LJ too much but the fact he won’t change players in poor form is bothering me quite a bit. Talks about a big squad but only uses 13 or 14 routinely. Injuries should have opened the door for some players but they never got a look.

Eliasson a big one for me. COD was out so Eliasson should have got a 5-6 game run to show what he was about. If not up to it Kent still would have come in. As it was he couldn’t get a game and they brought in another winger which means he doesn’t make the bench even without COD back!

No LJ tries to be too clever imo. Talk about having 2 per position in a 442 but we have way more than that now. Means young players don’t get the look in they should. Vyner another one. Moved Brownhill or Smith to RB while Vyner rots on the bench. Now in the summer we will have rotation players like Wright, Hegeler and Magnússon holding back young players like Kelly, Vyner and Moore. 

Archived