IGNORED

Kent

nickolas

Anyone notice as the teams reappeared for 2nd half every player bar our Liverpool superstar wandered out to do their mini sprints on the touchline?

he just walked head down to the left hand side. Flint gave him a gee up. 

Clearly he got a bollocking at H/T!

he wasnt the only one ofcourse but wow, what a dreadful loanee. 

Do we ever get a good loan player?! ( bar Tammy ). 

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Anyone notice as the teams reappeared for 2nd half every player bar our Liverpool superstar wandered out to do their mini sprints on the touchline?

we do have a remarkable knack of loaning some complete and utter crap

Just now, swanker said:

And buying some crap as well. 

You’re so right .

All this crap from Ashton and Johnson about signing the right player by doing due diligence and the right DNA we still sign crap.

Our best players and the spine of the team are players signed before LJ came to the club.

47 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I seem to remember getting some shit for saying Kent was useless back in January.

"Give him time and he'll come good."

Anyone still believe that?

I think most sensible people suggested they wouldn't make a decision about Kent until they'd seen him play more times. I was one of them. I don't see any reason for him play for us again, now that I've seen more of him. I don't think he wants to be here, I didn't see him break into anything more than a jog today. I'd prefer us to put some of our own u23's on the bench than either Kent or Diony.

So much nonsense in this thread. The team as a whole has failed. Our January signings are part of that - that doesn't make those players crap.

Walsh - Everton fans were gutted to lose him. He will come good, I just think pairing him with Smith when he's so lightweight was suicide.
Diony - has had a handful of cameo appearances, what do you expect? Scored 11 goals for a crap team in Ligue 1. By all accounts in France he's different class.
Kent - the only criticism I agree with. No footballing brain whatsoever and far too greedy. Great on the ball but unfortunately the former means he has been piss poor for us.

Kent was poor and TBH I was in the let’s give him a chance group. But I’m struggling to remember him giving a performance that shows he actually wanted to be here. 

Diony was a poor signing, but I noticed today that he warmed up at halftime on his own, like Billy no mates. I also noticed Pato trying a shot on an empty goal and blazed it over. 

At the moment the team is void of any confidence, booing (something I don’t do) was probably not the best but it happens all over the country so players should expect it time to time. 

Watch Kent and Diony go on to be really good players for future clubs and threads will appear saying we ought to try and buy them. 

As to loaning crap we’ve had some really good ones over the years as well. Even Tomlin was great on loan. 

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

So much nonsense in this thread. The team as a whole has failed. Our January signings are part of that - that doesn't make those players crap.

Walsh - Everton fans were gutted to lose him. He will come good, I just think pairing him with Smith when he's so lightweight was suicide.
Diony - has had a handful of cameo appearances, what do you expect? Scored 11 goals for a crap team in Ligue 1. By all accounts in France he's different class.
Kent - the only criticism I agree with. No footballing brain whatsoever and far too greedy. Great on the ball but unfortunately the former means he has been piss poor for us.

It's about form. We are out of form across the board. However Walsh was awful, again. Diony is here on loan because he could not get a game in France and Kent is as you say Piss Poor!

It's not as if Kent is even that young or inexperienced. This season was Leko's first loan, at three years younger, but both share similar issues. Both need to improve their decision making and understanding of when to release the ball, how to receive it to give themselves better options and some of the gritty defensive stuff. I'm really surprised with how poor Kent has been for the majority of the loan considering the hype when we got him in, and if I were Eliasson I'd be a bit gutted I didn't get more of a chance. 

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I think Walsh would excel in a midfield 3, away I'd consider playing the 4141 with Pack behind Smith/Walsh. He may be a bit limited in what he offers at the moment, but he was always open for a pass, played good quick one two's which opened up space but then didn't have the midfielder who could play that ball forward as its not what Smith does and Brownhill was out wide. Also in the second half you could see he was frustrated that there weren't options ahead of him so had to pass sideways. There definitely is potential there but I think he's suffering a bit from us chasing the play offs, if we were solidly mid table with no chance of play offs he'd have gotten more game time.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

If he was the only player to get a bollocking at half time, I'd be seriously worried. Arguably he was disappointed with his own performance and as a young player struggling with the level of abuse he received. He appeared visibly upset to me and I suspect Flint was just pointing out the list of players who were equally crap in the first half, which of course was all of them, to make him feel better. Rather than make him play better, which of course didn't happen.

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It's about form. We are out of form across the board. However Walsh was awful, again. Diony is here on loan because he could not get a game in France and Kent is as you say Piss Poor!

Walsh was fine first half. He's in a midfield two with an equally lightweight centre mid (although Smith's tackling is excellent). He had the odds stacked against him all game.

As for Diony, couldn't get a game? Really? He played nearly every one of St Etienne's games in Ligue 1 this season before he joined us and started over half so you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Walsh was fine first half. He's in a midfield two with an equally lightweight centre mid (although Smith's tackling is excellent). He had the odds stacked against him all game.

As for Diony, couldn't get a game? Really? He played nearly every one of St Etienne's games in Ligue 1 this season before he joined us and started over half so you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

We obviously didn’t watch him this season on all the evidence to date 

27 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It's about form. We are out of form across the board. However Walsh was awful, again. Diony is here on loan because he could not get a goal in France and Kent is as you say Piss Poor!

Amended for accuracy Oxo ;)

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

He hasnt started over half his games here so maybe you dont know what you are talking about

I've defended RK on this forum. I've said his pace gains us ground, he just needs time to "click" and adjust to our style and the players he is now working with........ BUT his performance today was beyond abject. It offered nothing at all whatsoever.

On a day when there were dire performances everywhere and I'd give everyone bar Brownhill either 5/10 or 4/10, I can only give Kent 1/10. And that was for putting his shirt on the right way round.

Whereas before, I'd seen a Junior Bent/Ivan Sproule player: head down running, with not much end result, but at least worrying their defence, today he did little bar lose possession,  play suicide passes and basically hinder or halt our attacks.

As the OP said, he was the only player not to join a huddle around the manager at one time and his entire body language screams that he doesn't want to be here and is unhappy.

Young lad; always lived in the North-West. Some adjust and some don't.

He hasn't.

I think it's best for all concerned his loan is terminated early and he's sent back to Liverpool to train.

I certainly don't want to see him in a City shirt again.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He hasnt started over half his games here so maybe you dont know what you are talking about

I'll take 11 goals in a struggling season of Ligue 1 as better evidence than you saying he can't get a game in a team, in which he actually played 85% of them :clap:.

If Diony doesn't make it here (he clearly won't), he will have a very successful career somewhere. Sometimes fans can see it and sometimes they can't. Coming into a new league, in a crap side (at the moment), he's not exactly been given the best stage for a fair assessment - so I'll assess him where he has been given that.

I'll take 11 goals in a struggling season of Ligue 1 as better evidence than you saying he can't get a game in a team, in which he actually played 85% of them :clap:.

If Diony doesn't make it here (he clearly won't), he will have a very successful career somewhere. Sometimes fans can see it and sometimes they can't.

You said he has come here and started over half our games. I have said he hasnt.  I have said nothing more other than to use a phrase you used back on you

Archived