IGNORED

Kent

nickolas

24 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Kent is crap end of story. Will be playing non league within 2 years. Has no final ball or shot and also has a shocking first touch. He is stealing a living at present as a professional footballer. 

He seemed to do ok at Barnsley last season, young player of the year if I remember correctly.  He's looked poor here and devoid of all confidence but sometimes that happens.  I'm confident he won't be playing non league within 2 years

He was OK at the latter end of last season for us (Barnsley) and played very well against you at Ashton Gate which is where no doubt many of you got the impression he was fantastic. But all along, the same failings were always there (no end product, runs up blind alleys, no football brain) and in the middle third of the season he was simply shite but we couldn't drop him because of the agreement with Liverpool that he plays when fit and available.

Beginning to think, if 2 years of regular first team football have not moved him forward one iota, that perhaps it won't happen and he is destined for L1 at best.

Let's be clear that whatever Jurgen Klopp may have said about Kent, I wouldn't bother putting money on him ever becoming a regular at Anfield or even at a club at this level. Wes Burns at a younger age put in better performances than Kent has managed, plus he scored a few, but look where he is now. 

3 hours ago, redsfan said:

He was OK at the latter end of last season for us (Barnsley) and played very well against you at Ashton Gate which is where no doubt many of you got the impression he was fantastic. But all along, the same failings were always there (no end product, runs up blind alleys, no football brain) and in the middle third of the season he was simply shite but we couldn't drop him because of the agreement with Liverpool that he plays when fit and available.

Beginning to think, if 2 years of regular first team football have not moved him forward one iota, that perhaps it won't happen and he is destined for L1 at best.

My view is that Kent has had it easy, breezing through youth football....and then he hits Championship football, and speed and tricks don’t cut it.

I said similar about Leko, who I could only imagine bull-dozered his way through youth football.  I would much prefer Leko, and that’s saying something.

"Kent" represents the size of the space he gave to the Brentford team.  Clearly, he missed the training sessions for marking, or running back, or running forward.

I'm starting a crowdfunding site to get the money together to pay any penalty clause Liverpool have if he doesn't play.

Who's in?

5 minutes ago, Chivs said:

"Kent" represents the size of the space he gave to the Brentford team.  Clearly, he missed the training sessions for marking, or running back, or running forward.

I'm starting a crowdfunding site to get the money together to pay any penalty clause Liverpool have if he doesn't play.

Who's in?

Crowd Funding.....assume Kickstarter wouldn’t be deemed appropriate :P

More than a bad player. He completely prevents us playing 1 and 2 touch passing game that was so impressive only 3 months ago. He also opens us up to regular counter attacks which reduces confidence of players to join our own attacks because likelihood of breaking down and being hit on transition. Amazed that our coaching staff did not understand the risks and the implications of signing him and continue to play him - although that might be to do with fines payable to Liverpool if he doesn't play. 

Thete can surely be no explaining yesterday's team selection for such a critical game. Beggars belief ...

Archived