IGNORED

LJ's improbable after match interview

Major Isewater

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

In reality, 'I thought it was a foul on Paterson before their goal'.

Seriously Johnson, Stroud is a knob but in no way can that form part of your analysis.

In fairness I agree with that point but does that explain the multitude of shots that they had on our goal and the feeble number we had in theirs ? 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness I agree with that point but does that explain the multitude of shots that they had on our goal and the feeble number we had in theirs ? 

I had to Google there to see if zero was actually a "number"!!

Turns out it is BTW.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No way.  Name names then. Who wasnt trying?

I really hope we're watching some obscure players from France that try hard for next season. All the other components for a mediocre season are in place,

Just now, RedDave said:

No way.  Name names then. Who wasnt trying?

I'm referring to what some people were commenting, not making an accusation. Players can look like they are not trying for a variety of reasons.

In the Talksport case the comment was something like they're either not trying or they're knackered iirc.

For what it's worth my belief is that loss of confidence drains players of energy and makes for bad decision making and silly errors.

But whatever the cause LJ saying we were outfought seems fair comment, which was my point.

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Johnsons analysis of it was we were outfought.  Out-thought more like

To correct you he said we were both of those which was very honest of him. 

He also conceded that the team gave nothing to the fans which was an equally honest assessment.

And finally he said he was ok with fans booing at the final whistle but not booing players off when they are subbed. Absolutely agree with you on that Lee and shame on those that did no matter what you thought of their performances.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Spot on. Walsh and Kent were awful and the subs absurd. I give credit to LJ where due, today the blame was his. 

Kent was awful, i’ll Give you that.

Walsh, he was no better or worse than any of the other starters....why call him out?  The only time we played through their lines over the whole 90 was with his involvement.

Dont get me wrong it wasn’t a great game for him, but he doesn’t deserve calling out.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Spot on. Walsh and Kent were awful and the subs absurd. I give credit to LJ where due, today the blame was his. 

Have to agree. Alan Walsh and the Duchess of Kent would have been more use today. 

Is Walsh related to Neil Kilkenny? Points just much, but plays with his hair more than Vidal Sasoon. 

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

He also conceded that the team gave nothing to the fans which was an equally honest assessment.

And finally he said he was ok with fans booing at the final whistle but not booing players off when they are subbed. Absolutely agree with you on that Lee and shame on those that did no matter what you thought of their performances.

And what did he do about it....the evidence I saw was little to nothing.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Walsh, he was no better or worse than any of the other starters....why call him out?  The only time we played through their lines over the whole 90 was with his involvement.

Dont get me wrong it wasn’t a great game for him, but he doesn’t deserve calling out.

It was more the selection than the player. Didn't look anywhere near the standard required to me, played backwards passes putting teammates under pressure many times and offered nothing defensively. I'm not a Pack fan but he would have been far more effective. 

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Thanks, it's helpful for those who didn't hear it to know what he actually said rather than partial paraphrases.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Naive to think they werent trying

There were a few moments today where you could see our players watching the game flow by them and certainly not doing enough to close players down - as they have done in previous games, e.g against Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

There were a few moments today where you could see our players watching the game flow by them and certainly not doing enough to close players down - as they have done in previous games, e.g against Wednesday. 

Just because someone isnt closing a player down as quickly as you would like doesnt mean they are not trying

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not for me.

He is going to be Mr 98% pass completion, the problem is nearly all of them will be square, two yards long & in our half.

I worry we have signed someone who looked great in Academy football but is actually another Simon Clist, I reckon he won two tackles and was in their half about twice.

Can’t believe he stayed on the full 90, we effectively had a two man midfield today, instead of a four man one...

Archived