IGNORED

'Is there a firedrill'...the cap on a poor day.

Mr Popodopolous

Firstly, Brentford worthy winners. We didn't do enough, did we?

I thought the team was questionable...Baker and Pack on the bench? Subs okay in isolation, but to end up with a side of: Fielding, Pisano, Flint, Kelly,  Brownhill, Smith, Walsh, Bryan Paterson, Reid and Djuric. Bit of a absolute shambles, all told. Badly balanced..

Lastly, the atmosphere. This was poor, in the circs. Joint 6th going in, teams on our tail and a Bank Holiday Monday game with playoff hopes still on.

That was disappointing. Section 82 gave it a go at times, but it was not great overall IMO.

Which leads me onto my last point... When decent parts of the Dolman filtered out in the last 5 to 10 minutes, these chants which also reappeared in lower volume v Sheffield Wednesday kicked in. Brentford fans? Yes, and par for the course. Wasn't just them though, heard it from S82 again. As well as 'Johnson says, stay until the end'.

However, the worst bit of this transpired, when both sets of supporters- by which I mean Brentford AND S82 chanted this at the same time- at the Dolman. Genuine embarrassment that!!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought the team was questionable...Baker and Pack on the bench? Subs okay in isolation, but to end up with a side of: Fielding, Pisano, Flint, Kelly,  Brownhill, Smith, Walsh, Bryan Paterson, Reid and Djuric. Bit of a absolute shambles, all told. Badly balanced..

Lastly, the atmosphere. This was poor, in the circs. Joint 6th going in, teams on our tail and a Bank Holiday Monday game with playoff hopes still on.

That was disappointing. Section 82 gave it a go at times, but it was not great overall IMO.

Which leads me onto my last point... When decent parts of the Dolman filtered out in the last 5 to 10 minutes, these chants which also reappeared in lower volume v Sheffield Wednesday kicked in. Brentford fans? Yes, and par for the course. Wasn't just them though, heard it from S82 again. As well as 'Johnson says, stay until the end'.

However, the worst bit of this transpired, when both sets of supporters- by which I mean Brentford AND S82 chanted this at the same time- at the Dolman. Genuine embarrassment that!!

We didn't have a shot on target all game! That's shocking for 90 mins of football by any team - even more so for a home side on the verge of the playoffs!

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

S82 is a group of supporters (throughout the ground), not the entirety of blocks S25/S26.

That song wasn't S82 'led' (or followed).

6 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

S82 were also dispersing before the whistle. Chanting at your own fans.... You fat bastard... Really? Some of our "fans" should look at themselves as much as the players. 

See my previous reply ^^

7 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

S82 were also dispersing before the whistle. Chanting at your own fans.... You fat bastard... Really? Some of our "fans" should look at themselves as much as the players. 

They chanted that at one guy who was giving S82 middle fingers and the "w@**er" hand gesture. The guy more than earned it.

8 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

You left out the bit where the individual in question started abusing and swearing at people first.

im sure it was an honest mistake on your part.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why were they chanting at him in the first place?

They were chanting "is there a firedrill" and the guy decided to throw middle fingers up in response, then he got chants aimed specifically at him.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had the same with the Gas, back in tbe day...

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

You left out the bit where the individual in question started abusing and swearing at people first.

im sure it was an honest mistake on your part.

I sit in S24 next to singing section, the fire drill and fat bastard chants started there. A few reacted to the fire drill chant the guy with glasses over reacted and took exception to people questioning why he was leaving early - it's a free country those that want to leave early should be allowed to do so without ridicule especially when moments later and welll before the final whistle the singing section do the same (hypocrites). The fat bastard chant that followed was disgraceful. Wonder how long the guy has been attending matches... Longer than many in the singing section l would imagine. 

I stay to the end cos l chose too, l jeer players cos l choose too, l refuse to clap a performance like that cos its my choice. 

Also note the teams lack of effort to walk round pitch at end excepting KS. Heads in shame moment. 

The attitude of some on here is questionable. 

Why should people stay til the end just because certain others say so? If people choose to leave early (especially today) why get heckled? The City were to put it politely ‘clueless’ today and could still be there now and wouldn’t have scored. If it weren’t for the fact I had a lift home I’d have gone at HT 

37 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

I sit in S24 next to singing section, the fire drill and fat bastard chants started there. A few reacted to the fire drill chant the guy with glasses over reacted and took exception to people questioning why he was leaving early - it's a free country those that want to leave early should be allowed to do so without ridicule especially when moments later and welll before the final whistle the singing section do the same (hypocrites). The fat bastard chant that followed was disgraceful. Wonder how long the guy has been attending matches... Longer than many in the singing section l would imagine. 

I stay to the end cos l chose too, l jeer players cos l choose too, l refuse to clap a performance like that cos its my choice. 

Also note the teams lack of effort to walk round pitch at end excepting KS. Heads in shame moment. 

Dont give it if you can't take it.

If he wants to give hand gestures to an entire section they're well within their right to give him some back.

41 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

So, on the one hand you say it's a free country but on the other hand say the attitude of some is 'questionable'.  

The bloke made a rude gesture at people singing something pointing out that some people were leaving early.  He deserved the response he got.  No one else leaving the Dolman got ridiculed.  He brought it on himself.

50 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So, on the one hand you say it's a free country but on the other hand say the attitude of some is 'questionable'.  

The bloke made a rude gesture at people singing something pointing out that some people were leaving early.  He deserved the response he got.  No one else leaving the Dolman got ridiculed.  He brought it on himself.

Hmmm so they sing cos people leave early then do the same?!!! That's my point. 

They reacted to the hand gestures, it's a vicious cycle. 

Perhaps if the players had "turned up" this wouldn't even have happened 

If the dullards who sang the song took their collective heads out their arse and looked to their left they would have seen equal numbers of people leaving the south stand.  

Having a pop at our own fans seems to be a specialty of some of these “super fans” particularly aimed at dolman fans when the reason why people were leaving from all stands is because they were served 85 minutes of shite. 

I could sense a club being ripped apart today. 

No pre-match excitement or anticipation. 

Fans impatient and moaning from early on. 

A team playing without its best players and with no passion, desire or will. 

Fans jeering their own players being subbed. 

Fans singing negative songs toward each other. 

Only about 25 people trying to sing throughout in encouragement. 

Constant moaning & groaning. 

Booing at the end. 

Impatience throughout from the fans. 

Lack of urgency or ability from the players & management. 

Utterly utterly poor all round. 

4 hours ago, Ultra_faction said:

Worth remember S82 is a small group of supporter. It was many others in and around them singing this so harsh to tarnish them with the same brush. 

I have seen you comment like this on almost every thread this evening

Firstly, I applaud the singing section and have openly stated on this forum many times.

To my point - I would not know a s82 person from any other - it’s not like you wear t-shirts or something is it or if you do, not all the time.

But many times on here people have commented on the merits of the singing section and called it collectively s82 and people have only been too keen to accept the plaudits on behalf of s82 and never once mentioned that only a handful of the singing section is actually s82.

I could now go on to type many more words to highlight my point but that should now be obvious - rough with smooth and all that !!

Archived