IGNORED

Booing our players (Merged)

BristolIsRed

41 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Is Bailey Wright actually any good? 

I’d say no; at least he hasn’t been for quite a few months now. I think I preferred him at right back where he was a steady 6/10 at least. Not sure he’s hit even those heights since moving back inside. 

Real Madrid boo Bale and Ronaldo at times. Part of what you sign up for when you are a footballer. I try to be positive but when you fall well below a standard and there is a lack of effort I may change my thinking. There were a few today that earned the right to be booed or jeered. That is my opinion as someone who pays to watch them. I won’t argue against those that disagree. 

50 minutes ago, BristolIsRed said:

Sorry, but absolutely disgraceful cheering one of our own players, and our captain especially - What the **** does this say to future signings? 

Take a reality check - were you lot saying this when we beat Man Utd? 

Were you lot saying Bailey Wright was shit after Man Utd and Man City?

He was embarrassing today but not the only one . Better players than him have been cheered off .  Pretty sure he will get over it and he’s still a definite starter Saturday!!

They are not City players from the academy who need to be protected - they came for the money or to further their career, they owe us a performance especially at the moment, they were shocking and should be ashamed - this is our way of showing it. I refuse to clap a player off who has given the ball away so often when not even under pressure.

Wright had a real mare today, he couldn't pass wind let alone the ball. I wasn't one who cheered/jeered when he was taken off but I fully understand why he got that response. The sad fact is the whole team let themselves down. LJ's selection backfired with both Walsh and Kent too light weight and inexperienced to make any real contribution.

As for booing other fans, well it's a free country I suppose. I left early for my own reasons not necessarily to do with the inept performance and if anyone feels the need to highlight my leaving then it's up to them with no skin off my nose. At the end of the day Brentford deserved to win today and their fans out sang us.

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

They are not City players from the academy who need to be protected - they came for the money or to further their career, they owe us a performance especially at the moment, they were shocking and should be ashamed - this is our way of showing it. I refuse to clap a player off who has given the ball away so often when not even under pressure.

Allowed to do what you want within reason. 

B-W has been poor for a while and looks like he needs a holiday. I don’t think there is any need to boo but the frustration today for many needed an outlet. Terrible team selection and game management and some dreadful performances. Give credit to Brentford though, a very good team and i’d love 4 or 5 of their team and perhaps one day there manager. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And we're allowed to think it is stupid to do so 

Stupid, counter productive (as was all the moaning and groaning early on in the game when no one knew how bad it was going to be) embarrassing and IMO wrong.

Team crap today, a lot the fans piss poor too from the word go.

Wright was poor today granted , I don’t ever wish to see one of our players booed of but each to their own , it shows little Lee feels he has to pick him as he stupidly rushed to make him captain thinking flint was off in the summer ,,,, baker and flint are the best cb pairing by far sorry bailey but it’s bench warming for you pal after that horror show . 

I understand the frustration today but it’s not good for the players confidence or the teams confidence to boo. B-W has been decent this season , but his performances of late have been poor and I think we need better to progress. But booing ? It’s not an intelligent response. It’s a bit primitive. I hope B-W gets another opportunity so he and fans can redeem themselves. 

I think jeering Wright today was poor, I’m not sure he’s naturally left sided centre half, but he got sod all support from Joe Bryan who was being constantly pulled out of position today and was therefore having to come wider to cover him to. I guess such was the frustration of the fans he was today’s sacrificial lamb. Kent and Bryan were much worse than Wright today.

18 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

the manager had the perfect chance to leave Wright out today and play Flint and Baker ,that performance by wright today was coming and i think no fans would of argued if he had been on the bench

Just now, bexhill reds said:

I think jeering Wright today was poor, I’m not sure he’s naturally left sided centre half, but he got sod all support from Joe Bryan who was being constantly pulled out of position today and was therefore having to come wider to cover him to. I guess such was the frustration of the fans he was today’s sacrificial lamb. Kent and Bryan were much worse than Wright today.

Wright was beyond abysmal (Not the only one by a long way - 8 or 9 others too) and heading that way for weeks so no need to make excuses for him

Archived