IGNORED

Booing our players (Merged)

BristolIsRed

I can understand the jeers.  I don't think it was AT Bailey Wright as much as it was 'oh my god he is replacing his love child'.  

In any case, we had a great half season, and now we are in disgraceful and unacceptable form, richly deserved from some disgraceful and unacceptable performances. 

The players have had it easy. It's time they know they ballsed up and we aren't happy. There is still time to make up for days like today, but they aren't going to get there playing nice or comfortable.

I think it is time to get backs up. Johnson doesn't seem to want to throw a grenade, or if he is it is not working -  well, have one from the stands. 

40 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

They are not City players from the academy who need to be protected - they came for the money or to further their career, they owe us a performance especially at the moment, they were shocking and should be ashamed - this is our way of showing it. I refuse to clap a player off who has given the ball away so often when not even under pressure.

I ‘bin’ iconed you.  I don’t think any player deserves to be boo’d / jeered off.  My opinion.  You can happily bin-icon my response too.  Neither of them failed to put in effort.

Kent did have a shocker.  Fancy a manager putting him back on at half-time and then giving the fans, who were already on his back, an opportunity to completely shatter his confidence.  Poor man-management.  I did like that Flint took it on himself to wander over at the start of the second-half and give him a big hug of encouragement.

Wright was awful on the ball, but he did okay defensively.  As a complete novice, if I was managing Brentford, I’d say, let Wright have it.  As soon as he gets it, Press him onto his left foot.  He’s effin awful on his left side.  Why does LJ think he can play there? It’s so obvious.  If I can see it, what are the analysts seeing. @Cowshed do you have stats of his passing off his left foot?  If you do, if you ignore the sideways pass to Flint, how bad is his left foot passing?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wright was beyond abysmal (Not the only one by a long way - 8 or 9 others too) and heading that way for weeks so no need to make excuses for him

I’m not, but he is clearly a right sided player and has been through out the season. This was his poorest performance all year, but cheering his substitution? 

33 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

They are not City players from the academy who need to be protected - they came for the money or to further their career, they owe us a performance especially at the moment, they were shocking and should be ashamed - this is our way of showing it. I refuse to clap a player off who has given the ball away so often when not even under pressure.

Logic of a true dimwit

Cheering when a player is subbed or booing our own player during a game is counter productive. Of course you have every right to do it. There's nothing in the ground regs or UK law that takes away your right to be a complete and utter tit. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I ‘bin’ iconed you.  I don’t think any player deserves to be boo’d / jeered off.  My opinion.  You can happily bin-icon my response too.  Neither of them failed to put in effort.

Kent did have a shocker.  Fancy a manager putting him back on at half-time and then giving the fans, who were already on his back, an opportunity to completely shatter his confidence.  Poor man-management.  I did like that Flint took it on himself to wander over at the start of the second-half and give him a big hug of encouragement.

Wright was awful on the ball, but he did okay defensively.  As a complete novice, if I was managing Brentford, I’d say, let Wright have it.  As soon as he gets it, Press him onto his left foot.  He’s effin awful on his left side.  Why does LJ think he can play there? It’s so obvious.  If I can see it, what are the analysts seeing. @Cowshed do you have stats if his passing off his left foot?  If you do, if you ignore the sideways pass to Flint, his bad is his left foot passing?

Spot on.

Wright was struggling but was asked to play on the left and his passing was badly affected.

Still a disgrace that some chose to boo, was he not trying? No

Were we losing as a result of his error? No.

As for Kent, I said it after the Barnsley game, he adds nothing to us, isn’t our player and should go back to Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It can mean, spoil or destroy, I didn’t see the game, but I assume the poster meant this, that’s the way I read it.

It can also mean 

rape

[reyp]

noun

1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

2. statutory rape.

so maybe choose a different word?

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It can also mean 

rape

[reyp]

noun

1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

2. statutory rape.

so maybe choose a different word?

How many words have more than one meaning, loads, it’s the context in which they are used, the context of the earlier post was in no way alluding to any sexual reference, which is why I took it to mean the older and other meaning.  

• 1(typically of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

‘the woman was raped at knifepoint’

no object ‘he pleaded not guilty to burglary with intent to rape’
  • 2Spoil or destroy

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

How many words have more than one meaning, loads, it’s the context in which they are used, the context of the earlier post was in no way alluding to any sexual reference, which is why I took it to mean the older and other meaning.  

Ok fella. You’ve absolutely raped me here. 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

He was bad, but so was everyone else 

joe Bryan was bad today which put pressure on wright 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Joe was the worst player on the pitch today should have been dragged off also

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

Completely agree, Wright was the scapegoat today, Joe Bryan needs to take a good look at himself, he had an absolute shocker.

I must’ve watched another game today.  Joe had a very good first half, especially as he had no (intelligent) help from Kent at all.  Him and Flint, and possibly Diedhiou were the only outfield players to come out with any credit today imho.  Bryan got more and more exposed in the 2nd half as our play got even worse and strung out.

I’m amazed people think Joe was bad today?  Each to their own!

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

• 1(typically of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

‘the woman was raped at knifepoint’

no object ‘he pleaded not guilty to burglary with intent to rape’
    Synonyms
  • 2Spoil or destroy

The context it was used in was entirely clear and unacceptable in this instance, please don't be disingenuous in order to prove a linguistic or nostalgic point.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Stortz said:

The context it was used in was entirely clear and unacceptable in this instance, please don't be disingenuous in order to prove a linguistic or nostalgic point.

The context it was used in was to infer that he was destroyed..... that’s my interpretation, the joy of language, it’s not all black and white.

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The context it was used in was to infer that he was destroyed..... that’s my interpretation, the joy of language, it’s not all black and white.

Well your understanding of language needs to move with the times then I'm afraid, because you can't perpetuate Victorian definitions of words in the 21st century as and when they suit you.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I must’ve watched another game today.  Joe had a very good first half, especially as he had no (intelligent) help from Kent at all.  Him and Flint, and possibly Diedhiou were the only outfield players to come out with any credit today imho.  Bryan got more and more exposed in the 2nd half as our play got even worse and strung out.

I’m amazed people think Joe was bad today?  Each to their own!

Their right winger ran him ragged. Awful today should have gone off for Kelly

BW needed to come off at that moment because he was inviting the ref to send him. Emotion getting the better of him?  Up to then, he was doing he best to organise the defence and intimidate opposition players within the rules.

With him off, there is less organisation.  Even if the talent in the back line goes up (I don't know enough about football to say either way), its effectiveness falls. 

Archived