IGNORED

Booing our players (Merged)

BristolIsRed

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Their right winger ran him ragged. Awful today should have gone off for Kelly

He did in the second half.  He got left 1on1 too often.  First half he did well.

Shsme our winger did eff all against their right back, who was very average.  He had the chancesin the first half and got it wrong every time.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shsme our winger did eff all against their right back, who was very average.  He had the chancesin the first half and got it wrong every time.

You mean  Kent?  Not a traditional winger, is he...Walsh Brownhill Smith and Kent- questionable midfield setup v a footballing side like Brentford IMO.

13 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

We’ve always had a good number of so called “fans” who like to boo our own players and criticise. Sad really. 

Just because we aren't all happy clappers doesn't make us less fans - football is emotive and passionate that's what good fans are as well.

If anyone thought Wright deserved any applause today (because he played well sometime in the past) then they are not better fans - just less demanding perhaps.

Of course fans are entitled to jeer/boo if they want to. It may not be helpful or productive but they are entitled. A lot of our fans jeer/ boo quite frequently. It may explain why we have only had 4 years in the top division since the First World War.

Sheffield Wednesday fans would have been entitled to boo when they were 4-0 down recently. Perhaps they had good reason. Except they did not- they cheered. I note they have won their last couple of games.

I feel sorry for BW as he was asked to play left centre back when we have Baker for that position.  He shouldn’t have been out there.  Any blame for his poor performance needs to sit squarely with LJ in the first instance.  Picking Kent over Eliasson or Patterson just doesn’t make any sense either and again blame sits squarely with LJ.  I wouldn’t boo individuals but I’m sure they can deal with it when it happens.  If they can’t then they don’t have the sort of mentality we need.  With the possibility exception of FF no player came out of today’s game with credit but again LJ baffling line up and failure to change things at half time caused the shambles I have just watched and my annoyance and boos and half and full time was directed solely at him and his coaches.  Does anyone (apart from SL) think he is learning as a manager and tactician and is our long term future?

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Of course fans are entitled to jeer/boo if they want to. It may not be helpful or productive but they are entitled. A lot of our fans jeer/ boo quite frequently. It may explain why we have only had 4 years in the top division since the First World War.

Sheffield Wednesday fans would have been entitled to boo when they were 4-0 down recently. Perhaps they had good reason. Except they did not- they cheered. I note they have won their last couple of games.

They gave their players plenty of stick and quite a number left at half time

17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Just because we aren't all happy clappers doesn't make us less fans - football is emotive and passionate that's what good fans are as well.

If anyone thought Wright deserved any applause today (because he played well sometime in the past) then they are not better fans - just less demanding perhaps.

Not applause just perhaps no booing of an individual player. 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stupid, counter productive (as was all the moaning and groaning early on in the game when no one knew how bad it was going to be) embarrassing and IMO wrong.

Team crap today, a lot the fans piss poor too from the word go.

We were pretty crap from the get go and Brentford just grew in confidence when they saw how little threat we possessed in their half and how nervy we were in our half.

Under those circumstances I can't blame any "moaners and groaners" or for that matter booers and jeerers.

That was an embarrassing, abject and unprofessional display, and I think the only City fans who'd not be pissed off or unhappy must've been tripping.

Fans are certainly allowed to do it and I get the reasons why but I really don’t think it helps.

For a contrast, look at our game at Leeds. Leeds were abject for 60 minutes but their fans - albeit initially ironically - started singing and created a really positive atmosphere and it was no coincidence that moments later they were right back in it.

It is hard to be positive during terrible performances, and easy to boo, but those are the moments everyone would benefit a lift, even if they probably have not earned it.

Oh no, footballer on thousands of pounds a week puts in a dire performance and subsequently gets boo’ed.. poor blokes ay, how could we as fans live with ourselves after doing such a terrible thing.. ! Give me a break man! Put in a useless performance and suffer the consequences, **** em!

Soft as ****!!! 

LJ.........

“This team needs to be loved. It needs to be loved by the fans. It needs to be loved by each other and me and the staff”.

“Gone are the days when you can set off hand grenades and get everybody going and they want to prove you wrong. This team aren’t that. This team will go under. As far as they need that love

“We need six games everybody – fans included – to give us a right chance,” he said.

If Bailey wright can't take a bit of booing he needs to man up. For god sake he is not a child. I think he deserved to be booed off along with Kent. They are happy to accept the adulation and cheers after a good result. Does anyone think any of the players deserved clapping off? I don't. Talk about wrapping the players in cotton wool. I like Alex Ferguson to have 10 mins with them after that. He wouldn' put an arm round them and console them.

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Soft as ****!!! 

LJ.........

“This team needs to be loved. It needs to be loved by the fans. It needs to be loved by each other and me and the staff”.

“Gone are the days when you can set off hand grenades and get everybody going and they want to prove you wrong. This team aren’t that. This team will go under. As far as they need that love

“We need six games everybody – fans included – to give us a right chance,” he said.

Clearly, whoever is making the decisions on transfers needs a fooking boot up the backside.

I don’t want a team with a majority of players that need to be ‘loved’ to be able to perform. I want WINNERS with a never-say-die attitude, that when the going gets tough, dig-in and out perform their opponents.

Shocking, shocking admission that he’s bought in a load of soft, weak-willed, spineless losers.

Should think Flinty is already packing his bags hearing that. 

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Wright was poor today granted , I don’t ever wish to see one of our players booed of but each to their own , it shows little Lee feels he has to pick him as he stupidly rushed to make him captain thinking flint was off in the summer ,,,, baker and flint are the best cb pairing by far sorry bailey but it’s bench warming for you pal after that horror show . 

I think the boos were more at LJ who has some players who literally are undroppable in his eyes. 

Archived