Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
BristolIsRed

Booing our players (Merged)

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

They are not City players from the academy who need to be protected - they came for the money or to further their career, they owe us a performance especially at the moment, they were shocking and should be ashamed - this is our way of showing it. I refuse to clap a player off who has given the ball away so often when not even under pressure.

Logic of a true dimwit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the rights and wrongs of that I sincerely hope that Kent is never subjected to that level of abuse again in the same way I sincerely hope he never plays another minute for this club again!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheering when a player is subbed or booing our own player during a game is counter productive. Of course you have every right to do it. There's nothing in the ground regs or UK law that takes away your right to be a complete and utter tit. 

Edited by Nibor
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

And what is the meaning in relation to a game of football? 

It can mean, spoil or destroy, I didn’t see the game, but I assume the poster meant this, that’s the way I read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I ‘bin’ iconed you.  I don’t think any player deserves to be boo’d / jeered off.  My opinion.  You can happily bin-icon my response too.  Neither of them failed to put in effort.

Kent did have a shocker.  Fancy a manager putting him back on at half-time and then giving the fans, who were already on his back, an opportunity to completely shatter his confidence.  Poor man-management.  I did like that Flint took it on himself to wander over at the start of the second-half and give him a big hug of encouragement.

Wright was awful on the ball, but he did okay defensively.  As a complete novice, if I was managing Brentford, I’d say, let Wright have it.  As soon as he gets it, Press him onto his left foot.  He’s effin awful on his left side.  Why does LJ think he can play there? It’s so obvious.  If I can see it, what are the analysts seeing. @Cowshed do you have stats if his passing off his left foot?  If you do, if you ignore the sideways pass to Flint, his bad is his left foot passing?

Spot on.

Wright was struggling but was asked to play on the left and his passing was badly affected.

Still a disgrace that some chose to boo, was he not trying? No

Were we losing as a result of his error? No.

As for Kent, I said it after the Barnsley game, he adds nothing to us, isn’t our player and should go back to Liverpool.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It can mean, spoil or destroy, I didn’t see the game, but I assume the poster meant this, that’s the way I read it.

It can also mean 

rape

1
[reyp]

noun

  1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

  2. statutory rape.

so maybe choose a different word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

It can also mean 

rape

1
 
[reyp]

noun

  1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

  2. statutory rape.

so maybe choose a different word?

How many words have more than one meaning, loads, it’s the context in which they are used, the context of the earlier post was in no way alluding to any sexual reference, which is why I took it to mean the older and other meaning.  

  • 1(typically of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

    ‘the woman was raped at knifepoint’
     
    no object ‘he pleaded not guilty to burglary with intent to rape’
  • 2Spoil or destroy

  • Snake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

How many words have more than one meaning, loads, it’s the context in which they are used, the context of the earlier post was in no way alluding to any sexual reference, which is why I took it to mean the older and other meaning.  

Ok fella. You’ve absolutely raped me here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

He was bad, but so was everyone else 

joe Bryan was bad today which put pressure on wright 

 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Joe was the worst player on the pitch today should have been dragged off also

 

1 hour ago, howey_ducky said:

Completely agree, Wright was the scapegoat today, Joe Bryan needs to take a good look at himself, he had an absolute shocker.

I must’ve watched another game today.  Joe had a very good first half, especially as he had no (intelligent) help from Kent at all.  Him and Flint, and possibly Diedhiou were the only outfield players to come out with any credit today imho.  Bryan got more and more exposed in the 2nd half as our play got even worse and strung out.

I’m amazed people think Joe was bad today?  Each to their own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

How many words have more than one meaning, loads, it’s the context in which they are used, the context of the earlier post was in no way alluding to any sexual reference, which is why I took it to mean the older and other meaning.  

  • 1(typically of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will.

    ‘the woman was raped at knifepoint’
     
    no object ‘he pleaded not guilty to burglary with intent to rape’
    Synonyms
  • 2Spoil or destroy

The context it was used in was entirely clear and unacceptable in this instance, please don't be disingenuous in order to prove a linguistic or nostalgic point.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Most people in their work places dont get cheered, their names chanted or send people into wild estacy for doing their job either to be fair. 

Or get paid 10-20 grand per week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stortz said:

The context it was used in was entirely clear and unacceptable in this instance, please don't be disingenuous in order to prove a linguistic or nostalgic point.

The context it was used in was to infer that he was destroyed..... that’s my interpretation, the joy of language, it’s not all black and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The context it was used in was to infer that he was destroyed..... that’s my interpretation, the joy of language, it’s not all black and white.

Well your understanding of language needs to move with the times then I'm afraid, because you can't perpetuate Victorian definitions of words in the 21st century as and when they suit you.

Edited by Stortz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Club treats fans like customers, complains when customers voice disapproval on the quality of their purchase.

You can't have it both ways city, make your ******* mind up.

To be fair, the club haven't complained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

 

 

I must’ve watched another game today.  Joe had a very good first half, especially as he had no (intelligent) help from Kent at all.  Him and Flint, and possibly Diedhiou were the only outfield players to come out with any credit today imho.  Bryan got more and more exposed in the 2nd half as our play got even worse and strung out.

I’m amazed people think Joe was bad today?  Each to their own!

Their right winger ran him ragged. Awful today should have gone off for Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BW needed to come off at that moment because he was inviting the ref to send him. Emotion getting the better of him?  Up to then, he was doing he best to organise the defence and intimidate opposition players within the rules.

With him off, there is less organisation.  Even if the talent in the back line goes up (I don't know enough about football to say either way), its effectiveness falls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Their right winger ran him ragged. Awful today should have gone off for Kelly

He did in the second half.  He got left 1on1 too often.  First half he did well.

Shsme our winger did eff all against their right back, who was very average.  He had the chancesin the first half and got it wrong every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BristolIsRed said:

Can you tell me what next week scores will be?

On the basis of the last 3 months whilst I cant predict the score I fear we will lose.

Hope that helps your accy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Club treats fans like customers, complains when customers voice disapproval on the quality of their purchase.

You can't have it both ways city, make your ******* mind up.

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumRed said:

I do the job i'm paid to do, if I have an off day I get bollocked for it and rightly so. Why should footballers be any different?

Or coaches. You get paid a fortune and are lauded by thousands so front up when you are shit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Shsme our winger did eff all against their right back, who was very average.  He had the chancesin the first half and got it wrong every time.

You mean  Kent?  Not a traditional winger, is he...Walsh Brownhill Smith and Kent- questionable midfield setup v a footballing side like Brentford IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

We’ve always had a good number of so called “fans” who like to boo our own players and criticise. Sad really. 

Just because we aren't all happy clappers doesn't make us less fans - football is emotive and passionate that's what good fans are as well.

If anyone thought Wright deserved any applause today (because he played well sometime in the past) then they are not better fans - just less demanding perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course fans are entitled to jeer/boo if they want to. It may not be helpful or productive but they are entitled. A lot of our fans jeer/ boo quite frequently. It may explain why we have only had 4 years in the top division since the First World War.

Sheffield Wednesday fans would have been entitled to boo when they were 4-0 down recently. Perhaps they had good reason. Except they did not- they cheered. I note they have won their last couple of games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for BW as he was asked to play left centre back when we have Baker for that position.  He shouldn’t have been out there.  Any blame for his poor performance needs to sit squarely with LJ in the first instance.  Picking Kent over Eliasson or Patterson just doesn’t make any sense either and again blame sits squarely with LJ.  I wouldn’t boo individuals but I’m sure they can deal with it when it happens.  If they can’t then they don’t have the sort of mentality we need.  With the possibility exception of FF no player came out of today’s game with credit but again LJ baffling line up and failure to change things at half time caused the shambles I have just watched and my annoyance and boos and half and full time was directed solely at him and his coaches.  Does anyone (apart from SL) think he is learning as a manager and tactician and is our long term future?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Of course fans are entitled to jeer/boo if they want to. It may not be helpful or productive but they are entitled. A lot of our fans jeer/ boo quite frequently. It may explain why we have only had 4 years in the top division since the First World War.

Sheffield Wednesday fans would have been entitled to boo when they were 4-0 down recently. Perhaps they had good reason. Except they did not- they cheered. I note they have won their last couple of games.

They gave their players plenty of stick and quite a number left at half time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Just because we aren't all happy clappers doesn't make us less fans - football is emotive and passionate that's what good fans are as well.

If anyone thought Wright deserved any applause today (because he played well sometime in the past) then they are not better fans - just less demanding perhaps.

Not applause just perhaps no booing of an individual player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stupid, counter productive (as was all the moaning and groaning early on in the game when no one knew how bad it was going to be) embarrassing and IMO wrong.

Team crap today, a lot the fans piss poor too from the word go.

 

We were pretty crap from the get go and Brentford just grew in confidence when they saw how little threat we possessed in their half and how nervy we were in our half.

Under those circumstances I can't blame any "moaners and groaners" or for that matter booers and jeerers.

That was an embarrassing, abject and unprofessional display, and I think the only City fans who'd not be pissed off or unhappy must've been tripping.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bailey Wright was awful today.. but to boo and cheer your captain off is wrong and along with everything else today at Ashton gate' embarrassing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

Not applause just perhaps no booing of an individual player. 

So how do we get the message across that 60 minutes of carelessness (at this stage of the season) is just not acceptable from our Captain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Lj said he was not happy with the jeering of Wright. Is he not part of the "club"

I think this is because he identifies with him perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans are certainly allowed to do it and I get the reasons why but I really don’t think it helps.

For a contrast, look at our game at Leeds. Leeds were abject for 60 minutes but their fans - albeit initially ironically - started singing and created a really positive atmosphere and it was no coincidence that moments later they were right back in it.

It is hard to be positive during terrible performances, and easy to boo, but those are the moments everyone would benefit a lift, even if they probably have not earned it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, footballer on thousands of pounds a week puts in a dire performance and subsequently gets boo’ed.. poor blokes ay, how could we as fans live with ourselves after doing such a terrible thing.. ! Give me a break man! Put in a useless performance and suffer the consequences, **** em!

Edited by bris red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soft as ****!!! 

 

LJ.........

“This team needs to be loved. It needs to be loved by the fans. It needs to be loved by each other and me and the staff”.

“Gone are the days when you can set off hand grenades and get everybody going and they want to prove you wrong. This team aren’t that. This team will go under. As far as they need that love

“We need six games everybody – fans included – to give us a right chance,” he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bailey wright can't take a bit of booing he needs to man up. For god sake he is not a child. I think he deserved to be booed off along with Kent. They are happy to accept the adulation and cheers after a good result. Does anyone think any of the players deserved clapping off? I don't. Talk about wrapping the players in cotton wool. I like Alex Ferguson to have 10 mins with them after that. He wouldn' put an arm round them and console them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Soft as ****!!! 

 

LJ.........

“This team needs to be loved. It needs to be loved by the fans. It needs to be loved by each other and me and the staff”.

“Gone are the days when you can set off hand grenades and get everybody going and they want to prove you wrong. This team aren’t that. This team will go under. As far as they need that love

“We need six games everybody – fans included – to give us a right chance,” he said.

Clearly, whoever is making the decisions on transfers needs a fooking boot up the backside.

I don’t want a team with a majority of players that need to be ‘loved’ to be able to perform. I want WINNERS with a never-say-die attitude, that when the going gets tough, dig-in and out perform their opponents.

Shocking, shocking admission that he’s bought in a load of soft, weak-willed, spineless losers.

Should think Flinty is already packing his bags hearing that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Wright was poor today granted , I don’t ever wish to see one of our players booed of but each to their own , it shows little Lee feels he has to pick him as he stupidly rushed to make him captain thinking flint was off in the summer ,,,, baker and flint are the best cb pairing by far sorry bailey but it’s bench warming for you pal after that horror show . 

I think the boos were more at LJ who has some players who literally are undroppable in his eyes. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You don`t boo your own players full stop. 

Got to admit though....

It would be a tad amusing if we caught SL doing just that, just once though eh? ....  :devil:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...