IGNORED

Credit to S82

BCFCadam

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Pretty shite at the end from what I saw. Slagging off our own. 

Zero effort and endeavour. They need a kick up the arse . They are fantastically well paid . Fans deserved more today . Happy to take the plaudits when beating Man United . About time this year they stepped up to the mark . 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It certainly wasn’t sung at them in the ‘real’ good old East End days of the 1970s and 1980s...I’m assuming you are talking about the ‘seated’ East End days?

I don't really remember it from one stand to another, City fans to City fans about 2 years ago... a thread on here highlighting it.

Embarrassing all round. 

I stand in the so-called S82. I couldn’t give a damn if people leave early and I thought it was out of order to sing it - so I didn’t join in. 

I did take a look around though. Lots were singing it, but those 10-15 lads who are around the drum weren’t singing it (I assume these are the S82 group being referred to). So I suppose a bit unfair to label those lads when it was actually a whole bunch of other idiots. 

Stupid song to sing to your own fans. But the idiot in the Dolman who started flashing v’s didn’t help the matter, which then escalated. 

Very sad day for our club today. Useless on the pitch, bickering off of it. Embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well 2 years ago isn’t the ‘good old days’ of the East End...

Yes, I know that, thanks.

I was agreeing with you- I had a season ticket from 98-08 and I don't remember it then either...

I think it probably began 2 years ago... Very much doubt, 70's and 80's crowds would have done such chants at own crowd.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, I know that, thanks.

I was agreeing with you- I had a season ticket from 98-08 and I don't remember it then either...

I think it probably began 2 years ago... Very much doubt, 70's and 80's crowds would have done such chants at own crowd.

Apologies fella, misunderstood, I’m not allowed any further ‘reactions’ today, so I’d like to say I “Like” your post...cheers...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies fella, misunderstood, I’m not allowed any further ‘reactions’ today, so I’d like to say I “Like” your post...cheers...

No problem, sorry if my post a bit terse.

I too am out of reactions for the day, but your post is likewise worthy of a 'like.'

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No problem, sorry if my post a bit terse.

I too am out of reactions for the day, but your post is likewise worthy of a 'like.'

Emotions are running high mate, so no worries....we were 2nd in December and beating premier league clubs for fun...it has just gone so very, very wrong since then...as most LJ seasons seem to....long, bad runs just seem to follow him around....

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

If so who and who is not S82? I've just always associated S82 and the singing section as being 'the same'. I recall the 'you're not singing over there

Anyone (like me) not aware of the subtle difference between the 2 groups may make the same mistake. You may know who is/isn't S82 but others don't.

Got a point there mate. Maybe S82 folk should make themselves more obvious.

I suggest bandanas of a similar colour. Something like the pic attached. Think it’s a great idea tbf.

5F2446D8-1D0F-4FDD-A69D-59BDE750733C.jpeg

22FEBC18-1ADA-4197-9A92-B9CA99D81912.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ultra_faction said:

S82 is a small groupd of supporters working hard to improve atmosphere...it’s not everyone in the whole 800 seats. You should be referring to S25-27 not tanirshing the small group with the bad 

Yet it is seemingly appropriate to tarnish the WHOLE Dolman because if the actions of the minority?

Empty vessels..........

Sit in the family stand ;and I know it’s supposed to be a bit quieter and what not, but at times I’m literally the only person in the block trying to get behind city. Some people don’t like singing ...yup get that...but when it gets to the point when no one is bothered...just not sure that’s the match day I’m looking for. So disappointing on and off field today

13 hours ago, Ultra_faction said:

S82 is a small groupd of supporters working hard to improve atmosphere...it’s not everyone in the whole 800 seats. You should be referring to S25-27 not tanirshing the small group with the bad 

13 hours ago, James said:

S82 is a group of supporters (throughout the ground), not the entirety of blocks S25/S26.

That song wasn't S82 'led' (or followed).

While I understand that the people behind "Section 82" are a small group of fans that are behind the flag displays etc, I'm confused as to why then, the S82 Twitter account has always referred to the entire standing area as S82. Such as tweets like the one below:

Can't see any reason why Section 82 being sold out would be a great effort if just referring to a small group of fans scattered around the ground.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't really remember it from one stand to another, City fans to City fans about 2 years ago... a thread on here highlighting it.

Was that not about the singers (then in the Atyeo corner) taunting the Dolman and callinging them c***s for not singing? ( opps just remembered I have to use asterisks). I remember a thread on here about that. I guess it might be some of the same fans now poking the Dolman with the fire drill song?

Lots of people in the standers section are saying they didn’t join in but from E29 it was one of the loudest chants I heard all game. Those that didn’t join in were slow to drown out those that did, and as I said previously no more people left early yesterday than normal, win, lose or draw. 

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And the personal abuse , various hand signals and real venom from the Superfans

Dont care whether they continue to exist or not anymore

Superfans?

Hate to say it, they were as quiet as a mouse. 

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

Was that not about the singers (then in the Atyeo corner) taunting the Dolman and callinging them c***s for not singing? ( opps just remembered I have to use asterisks). I remember a thread on here about that. I guess it might be some of the same fans now poking the Dolman with the fire drill song?

Lots of people in the standers section are saying they didn’t join in but from E29 it was one of the loudest chants I heard all game. Those that didn’t join in were slow to drown out those that did, and as I said previously no more people left early yesterday than normal, win, lose or draw. 

Well remembered! Yeah, that was it- along similar, albeit worse lines though.

That was the first time I remember one set of City supporters in one stand taunting another. though.

11 hours ago, Enter Sandman said:

Embarrassing all round. 

I stand in the so-called S82. I couldn’t give a damn if people leave early and I thought it was out of order to sing it - so I didn’t join in. 

I did take a look around though. Lots were singing it, but those 10-15 lads who are around the drum weren’t singing it (I assume these are the S82 group being referred to). So I suppose a bit unfair to label those lads when it was actually a whole bunch of other idiots. 

Stupid song to sing to your own fans. But the idiot in the Dolman who started flashing v’s didn’t help the matter, which then escalated. 

Very sad day for our club today. Useless on the pitch, bickering off of it. Embarrassing. 

Issue here is there's 2 ways of looking at it:

1.) Despite how dire the game & performance was, fact remains there was 6 mins of injury time. We could have equalised (I've watched worse performances when we've won) and that would have put us back in the play off position. So why thousands of people stream out of the Dolman, presumably just to miss the traffic, seems crazy to a number of fans when we're pushing for promotion.

2.) The game was so diabolical people were understandably well within their patience limit to jog on.

16 hours ago, BCFCadam said:

If you’re talking about that “Is there a fire drill” chant, which I assume you are, you can understand their frustration. I’ve always massively been against leaving before the final whistle and always will be.

Then dont leave early as that is your right. I will leave early if I choose as is my right. What I dont need is jumped up assholes trying to give me shit about it. 

I stand in the "singing section",and from what I could see,what started off as a light hearted chant,started by the BEE's fans,quickly escalated into a quite ridiculous exchange of views shall we say.The big bald bloke who started the hand signals,should of just waved bye bye,and those who reacted should of just laughed at him,and to be fair I couldn't blame anyone leaving early,it was that bad,totally deflating.

Brentford fans singing it was one thing- to be expected IMO, away fans do like to, part of the back and forth of football.

Ours...not so great, looked a bit embarrassing IMO.

The worst bit though for me was when the 2 sets of fans chanted and it crossed over- and for a very brief moment, it was audible from both ends. That wasn't ideal.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford fans singing it was one thing- to be expected IMO, away fans do like to, part of the back and forth of football.

The worst bit though for me was when the 2 sets of fans chanted and it crossed over- and for a very brief moment, it was audible from both ends. That wasn't ideal.

Thing is people take things too seriously now days,at the end of the day it was just a chant,sticks and stones and all that,and like I said I couldn't blame anyone for leaving early it, was that bad.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exactly. You expect it from the away fans, it’s a normal pisstake. But to get it from your own home fans, that’s an insult. 

Yes @NOTBLUE maybe sticks and stones, but it was uncalled for and unnecessary. Fans are frustrated but you don’t start on eachother, that is low in my book, especially as in the last couple of weeks fans have been donating money to help other fans keep their seats. Where has that goodwill and togetherness gone.

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did themselves a massive disservice today 

As pathetic as the performance

Fully disagree, maybe the chances were a bit pointless but I can understand their frustration. What is the point of leaving early when there’s 5 minutes to go and at 1-0 there was a chance of getting an equaliser even if we were poor.

41 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Fully disagree, maybe the chances were a bit pointless but I can understand their frustration. What is the point of leaving early when there’s 5 minutes to go and at 1-0 there was a chance of getting an equaliser even if we were poor.

Again I’ll say

WTF has it got to do with them 

Plenty of them , and others , spend a fair percentage of the game drinking on concourses which is beyond me , but if I have to nip to the loo I don’t start taking the p or berating them as I go through concourse 

10 hours ago, SonOfDjuric said:

Section 82 is the group of 10 or so fans, most of which are centred around the drum.

The area (S25-27) is the unreserved, singing section. 

S82 was not responsible for the booing of players or chants toward fellows fans and frankly did not condone it

Again, as per my post above why has S82 always referred to the entire standing area as Section 82 on social media? 

There's another tweet referring to the entire standing section as S82.

Not had a reply from anyone yet on this.

On 02/04/2018 at 18:53, Nomad said:

S82.... Very cliquey from what I see. If they want it to grow they need to change but I think they enjoy their exclusivity.

On 02/04/2018 at 19:17, BobBobSuperBob said:

James - Looks like I may have generalised or blamed ‘Sec 82’ formthose moronic chants at our own fans

One poster has kindly explained that this wasn’t the case - that it was more the ‘Standing Section’ 

If that is the case I apologise to you and those who do a lot of work for Sec 82 and hence for us fans generally

And if this is the case then it’s a real shame that in the confusion Sec 82 are being undermined or sullied by these p****s

On 02/04/2018 at 19:26, Nomad said:

Ok...You've disassociated the chants at fellow city fans from S82 to other's in the area? If so who and who is not S82? I've just always associated S82 and the singing section as being 'the same'. I recall the 'you're not singing over there, you c***'s' from the old Atyeo aimed at the Dolman and I associated that the same way as today.....

Anyone (like me) not aware of the subtle difference between the 2 groups may make the same mistake. You may know who is/isn't S82 but others don't.

23 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Yet it is seemingly appropriate to tarnish the WHOLE Dolman because if the actions of the minority?

Empty vessels..........

13 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

While I understand that the people behind "Section 82" are a small group of fans that are behind the flag displays etc, I'm confused as to why then, the S82 Twitter account has always referred to the entire standing area as S82. Such as tweets like the one below:

Can't see any reason why Section 82 being sold out would be a great effort if just referring to a small group of fans scattered around the ground.

Firstly, apologies for the delayed response 

I've quoted a few posts here as between them they pretty much summarise the way I personally interpret S82. People are of course entitled to their own opinions.

S82 started as a small likeminded group of fans who wanted to contribute vocally and visually on a match day. Something the latter of which had been left well alone (for a number of reasons) for some time.

Now, although their have been challenges along the way, we're in a position where the potential for a real impact is possible (and has been demonstrated for a good portion of this season).

We of course respect that not everyone enjoys their match day experience in the same way/for the same reasons that we do. We are therefore fortunate that the club have accommodated likeminded fans in offering the relaxed 'attitude' in blocks S25-27. In doing so, i've no doubt that they've seen the benefit of having done so in terms of atmosphere etc for the majority of games this season.

To be honest there is probably no greater compliment than having the entire area referred to as 'Section 82', and I'd completely refute the fact that we are in any way exclusive. Whats exclusive about making flags/banners etc available for 800+ people? 

As you know there have been occasions where we've tried to expand our 'reach' even further, but for one reason or another it's not been possible (or at least to the extent we'd intended).

TheMelksred is absolutely right in saying that just because someone sits in an area of the ground, doesn't mean they should be generalised to fall within a category they potentially don't. That's the reason I felt the need to offer some clarity when it came to the friction yesterday because whilst we want everyone (who wants to be) to feel a part of what we're trying to do, there are still individuals behind the 'name' who take the personal brunt of such a generalisation (our DM's/mentions etc we're pretty colourful). But (perhaps) more importantly, being tarnished in such a way would have a detrimental impact on what we're able to do going forward was what I felt I could see unfolding. 

I/we've been on here more than once asking people to dig deep in to their own pockets as well as their own time. We've never been let down in that respect, and hope that those who have contributed feel likewise. I know that if I'd donated to a cause, to then be 'called out' under a generalisation I'd be pretty pissed off, that's what I wanted to avoid.

We'll continue to provide a positive platform for those that wish to contribute to/be a part of. Obviously we hope that will be as many as possible. If you're available/willing to contribute please drop us a line, extra pairs of hands/new ideas are always appreciated. 

Cheers

Archived