IGNORED

IDIOTS

southvillekiddy

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have you listened to the LJ audio on the main site tonight @BobBobSuperBob? It's really very telling.

Players out of form, having to release pressure on them, apparently don't react well to 'criticism', react better to positive vibes and feeling loved. More worryingly need geeing up to get enthused and feeling positive and full of energy and believing in themselves.

Now if you are a young player with a chance of the play off's....why the hell do you need 'geeing' up to get enthused and energised? Surely you as a player would be chomping at the bit?

Tbh...it's something that's crossed my mind on a few occasions.

Most of us on here come from a different generation.

Football managers today are dealing with the 'snowflake' generation. And footballers are no different to the rest of their generation. Many full of anxiety, no self belief, don't react well to criticism, need to feel loved, blame others, don't understand old fashioned work ethic, too much given too soon, too comfortable etc, etc,etc.

I look at our team and it often reflects this imo.

Can you imagine someone like Warnock dealing with out lot? They'd shit their pants and cry.

It's a worrying trend for the future. I didn't see one man out there today...

Thanks

Interesting Spud

I agree with basically all you say

Have we gone too far with  the ‘nice characters’ / DNA ?

Difficult one

8 hours ago, spudski said:

It's a worrying trend for the future. I didn't see one man out there today...

I can't believe I'm about to argue the toss with you in defence of our team (how times have changed), but personally I can never truly buy into the "players not manning up" perspective, maybe I have a rose tinted view about being a professional footballer, but I always think there is an underlying reason for players not performing.

However ridiculous the team selection (and unless Pack was injured, yesterday was certainly that) I just don't think players set out not to perform. Something else was wrong. Belief starts with instructions. If you have a strategy you can execute it. I didn't see players who had any idea what they were doing with or without the ball. 

I have a hard-time with the Easter performances because they were after a two week break. Perhaps that's the answer. Not for the first time the team is less "together" and less organised after a period that should produce the opposite. I could be sarcastic about Dubai, but I'll simply say whatever LJ does in these breaks, he loses them.

With that said, I share your disbelief about the need to wrap our players up in cotton wool platitudes. On the evidence of Barnsley and then yesterday, that is clearly NOT what is needed. What was needed after about 10 minutes at Barnsley was someone to get in their ear and tell them it was unacceptable to not be putting a foot in.

We didn't - we let Barnsley play through us and create about 6 or 7 clear headers AFTER we'd already had the first warning sign that any other manager would have lit a fire under. And surprise surprise, it continued into yesterday. A team playing through us, no one competing. The one thing that HASN'T worked is indulging the players.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

I really do think they are knackered BBSB.

Why else would Reid for example...just jog from minute 1, to close down the opposition when pressing? It was the same throughout the team. They did what they were asked, but at half the speed and energy, which allowed Brentford, time and space to play.

I even witnessed Bryan on two occasions, when a ball was on to him, signal with his hand, to not play the ball to him, and the player checked and went inside again. JB wasn't being closed down or tightly marked...in fact it was the right ball to play.

How do you try to work out why Wright and Fielding couldn't even do the basics right today? It was absolutely shocking to witness. Something was wrong.

As for the side picked...my gut instinct is that Baker and Pack must be carrying knocks, as well as Pato.

Unless LJ say's so, we won't know.

On a different note...did anyone else feel that the atmosphere at the ground reflected what we witnessed on the pitch?

From even before the team arrived on the pitch, it didn't feel like a crowd wanting to cheer on the lads in an important 'must win' game.

It felt like the fans have given up. Which is a shame...because even after today, we are still in with an outside chance of the play offs, which just goes to show how many other sides are having down turns as well.

Why...I have no idea. However...they all look knackered.

I did notice that Bobby instantly upped the tempo when Ryan went off…not sure if that was due to tactical changes but he suddenly burst into life. I'm not sure how long it lasted though…

16 hours ago, Spoons said:

It's not about numbers I'm talking about jeering the captain and S82 and dolman getting arsey with each other. 

Cringeworthy and embarrassing.

I saw people leaving the dolman on 82 minutes we were 1 nil down, cant blame s82 for getting annoyed I certainly was, and yes I know it was bobbins.

21 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Who are the biggest idiots at our Club right now?

I can imagine the players are well confused about a lot of things but not who the idiots are.

They bust their balls off in the first half of the season and cup runs, giant-killing, Top 6, highest scorer in the League etc.. and then they're told by those in charge that we're not seeking promotion. (If you were thinking this, would you be stupid enough to blab it all over the media)

I'd say it's been thoroughly disappointing for an exciting young team. How can we hope to hang on to Bobby?

Surely what we have observed is that in the most difficult League in football,  you take your chances when they arrive. I give you Bournemouth and Huddersfield Town

Nobody said that, just some people with issues keep taking a part of something Mark Ashton said and turning it into something else.

Archived