IGNORED

Worst Ever Home Displays?

Alex_BCFC

We’ve obviously conceded more goals plenty of times, but I genuinely cannot remember too many times when we have been more outplayed at home. 

Brendan Rodgers’ Swansea team that played keep ball against us and made us look like training cones would be one that springs to mind.

It is incredible just how much the score lines flatter us in the last 3 games against Brentford. We’ve managed to scrape a point in one game and only lose the other two by 2-0 and 1-0. I’m not exaggerating to say you could have no complaints if we’d have shipped 6/7 in all three games.

12 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Any worse than that? Forget the score as only Brentford missing easy chances meant it wasn't 5 or 6. 

Dont remeber us not having a shot on target - even when we lost 6-0 to Cardiff?

Lots of games under Osman and SOD.  Sheffield United under the latter being particularly dire. 

Up there with the worst for me!

Woeful, simply woeful at a time when we really needed a performance!

This is just what our beloved Bristol City do.....

As for LJ saying this team need to be “loved” - what is that about. They need to grow a pair!!

Ah well, it was good whilst it lasted - on to next season but can’t see us doing as well unfortunately. There will be a big turnover of players (our better ones) me thinks which doesn't bode well

COYRs

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

What about when we let 5 in against Doncaster in 2010. At least today we were in with a chance until the first goal, although admittedly never looked like scoring

Wasn't that the 5-2 where JET tore us apart?

Today was the worst since Coventry in league one back in 2013 I'd say, even Fulham at home last season we could have scored, we've suffered some hammerings in the past few years at home but today was just awful

I've seen some corkers in the past several decades...but for a bank holiday match, in front of a bumper crowd, 1 point off a play-off place for the top flight...I'm struggling to think of a performance that so utterly failed to rise to the occasion. That was abysmal today.

In terms of lack of ambition and ability to get the ball out of our half it's up there with the 0-1 against Sheffield United under SOD.  A game at which regular readers will recall me saying I actually fell asleep at.

Difference is, there we played to the tappa-tappa instructions of the mumbling messiah but did at least dominate possession, but today the only thing we dominated was the embarrassment factor.

We wouldn't beat Solihull Moors playing like that.

Archived